Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Screenshot of that EU4 decision where the royal family can choose to respond to a plague by fleeing the capital and leaving the peasants to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

I'm sure they'll all think of themselves as strong independent people and everyone else is the dependent.

The Telegraph reader, in his mind, is Prince Charles; the elderly dependent, in his mind, is the Queen.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

Regarde Aduck posted:

Literally the worst Country on the entire planet. It's breathtaking.

I mean it’s pretty on-brand for us tbh. Back when we upset the US some time in the 2000s by not going along with one of their smaller terrible foreign policy ideas I remember one of their ghoulish Neocons saying sth like “The UK now isn’t run by gentlemen, it’s going back to its roots as a buccaneering, self-interested island that messes with everyone else.”

Quite prescient, really (apart from the fiction that we were ever really gentlemanly).

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

The Coronavirus is interesting because it’s one of those very few phenomena that really do put us all on the same level. The virus does not care about absolutely any made up factor humans use to differentiate themselves, it only cares about physical susceptibility.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

About to fly 30h Brazil-LHR-Hong Kong, wish me luck. Right now just hoping that HK doesn’t throw a last minute government quarantine requirement on the UK. I haven’t seen my family for months, just hope that I can get home before International travel grinds completely to a halt.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

Failed Imagineer posted:

I want a Chinese banner that transliterates as
"I'll find my frog.

P.S. who took my frog,"

我的青蛙,会找到啊

复:我的青蛙 给谁拿啦?

E: poo poo you said transliterates. Oh well, at least it rhymes.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

CGI Stardust posted:

It's an actual US thing that they've borrowed. I vaguely remember a couple of weeks back that Raab was looking kind of ill in the Commons, maybe he's had it and is now immune? Can't imagine any other reason why they'd select him.

I mean the choice is surely Grayling, it’s the natural progression of a lifetime of failing upwards.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

Angrymog posted:

When I worked at F&C in Exchange House, London (amazing wierd looking building with a suspension exoskeleton rather than full foundations) the inside of the cargo lift had the codes for all the floors written on it with marker pen, over and over again as security guards for different companies would notice and cross off their company's codes, or the codes would change, and then the delivery people would update the lift.

Lol I used to work there. Thatcherite nightmare of a building.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

Late coz different country but anyone not enjoying mass participation in a common goal is counterrevolutionary.

Also, amusingly, since due to work stuff I added Russian to my phone’s list of keyboards, the word counterrevolutionary now appears where it did not before.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

Communist Thoughts posted:

this... this might be his best work yet

It’s perfect, he’s like a paperclip maximiser AI except his sole overriding drive is to assuage his ego, and he’s now turning the resources and might of the US entirely over to that goal, holding the country hostage until he gets the adoration he wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

josh04 posted:

^ you'll be fine, dw. So long as you wrote the thing and your supervisor thought it wasn't poo poo, it's just a question of how much they'll going to ask you to polish.

I mean, if you’re going to be a wizard, full Gandalf is definitely the way to go.