Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
There's Corona virus in Buxton and I came back from there last week. This is it guys, I'm probably dyin as we speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

Angrymog posted:

IANAL, but isn't, "It's my house, and I'd like to live in it now" one of the easiest ways to get tenants out?

I A NAL either but..
Nope, no it isn't. Not by a long shot. There are grounds to remove tenants to move back in (ground 1 I believe) but you have to serve notice before the start of the tenancy and if it goes to court you'll have to prove that you lived there and will actually be moving back in (and not selling or reletting or letting your cousin move in).

Basically there is no "easy" way to get tenants out legally. Even a guaranteed eviction can take up to 6 months. The reason most don't is because of ll harassment, threats of poor references, tenants not knowing their rights or just not being able to live with the stress.

(Many moons ago I worked in a lettings agency)

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

Pesky Splinter posted:

How reassuring to see people trying to profit during an epidemic.

Sadly, the same cannot be said for the proud, British Dogging community:
https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1234543541059231744

Because tangents are my thing! Fascinating Aida had a cute song about dogging. If you can handle a trio of saucy grannies...

https://youtu.be/MXzaVOk_Ydk

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I don't eat off my floor, lie in it or otherwise touch it much, do have no problem that I wear shoes in the house.

I wear them less than before but I don't see the point of "coming home, shoes off, dog lead on the dog, shoes on, walk dog, shoes off " or "bring in shopping bag, shoes off, put shopping in kitchen, shoes on, go get the next bag of shopping rinse repeat".

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

OBVIOUSLY you put them all on the doormat first and then ferry them to the kitchen, OBVIOUSLY

E: I'm literally recoiling with disappointment at this poor shopping technique

Why would I leave food on the floor??? I have perfectly good counters in the kitchen!

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Re: baby bill, is that what the insurance will pay or does new mama need to hick a kidney or two now?

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
If all this chaos leads my job to realise I can do this poo poo just as well from home, it will be a silver lining.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Have just split up the (as was) Brexit stash with the ex boyf and I'm going to be eating some strange dishes if this Corona virus sticks around very long. We are talking beef ravioli green beans and peaches!

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
In non Corona virus news I have recently discovered Fascinating Aida. Saucy old ladies singing risque and often political songs

https://youtu.be/mVy7faNKEtM

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Haha my job: there is no problem, come into work and no we won't provide laptops do you can work from home. Provide your own!

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

ThomasPaine posted:

So tempted to gently caress it all off and get a takeaway. Everywhere tells me this should be safe but I'm a little leery. Thoughts?

I have been getting take out and no ill effects as yet (except I'm a tubber lubber). Been making a point to eat Chinese, my local is deserted.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I don't even know what the hell anymore. Are we in lockdown? Am I supposed to go to work on Monday? Are shops still opening or are we all going to starve now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Work is putting on free food, 3 meals a day for us gormless underlings who didn't rate a home laptop (bees 1, 2 and 3)

On the one hand, awesome, free food! On the other, it probably costs more overall than giving us fuckin laptops.