Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Plenty of idiots will say that he did well under the circumstances, how could he have known how bad things would get, ignoring the fact that Spain and Italy exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

With the nursery closed I need some correct children's TV to watch with the minicakes. So far hey duggee and Pablo seem acceptable.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Coohoolin posted:

i eat pasta every day but i'm a degenerate continental and most brits i know find that extremely excessive

i think it's idiot middle aged people who have no idea how to cook anything but are panicking and buying stuff that won't go out of date, like the lady who bought 12 cans of tomatoes, what the gently caress are you gonna do with them? i doubt you're making decent sauces, or shakshukas or whatever.

I buy tins of toms by the 12 normally, generally get through that in 2 weeks. If you are a family of four that will decrease dramatically. I know it is cool to hate on the boomers but 12 tins is in no way excessive.

Thanks for the kids TV recommends!

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Goldskull posted:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/chancellor-gives-support-to-millions-of-self-employed-individuals

Those who pay themselves a salary and dividends through their own company are not covered by the scheme but will be covered for their salary by the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme if they are operating PAYE schemes.

Oh great I'm hosed. What in the gently caress do they think self-employed means?

"We're all in this together"

Surely if you don't pay yourself through salary or dividend you are paying yourself through embezzlement

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Jedit posted:

Have you been drinking?

have you not?

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

If you are posting in this thread you are by definition not the enemy - true wealth pays 1000s for their forums and they are at ski resorts

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

anyone else notice that laura tweeted that before the government announcement and the bbc - as normal she scooped her own employer. Journalists shouldn't report breaking news on their own twitter feeds, she is such a hack. Wonder what positive story she will parrot in return for the scoop - probably a nice piece to camera saying that the NHS wasn't underfunded before, but now it is super funded

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Speaking of employer's taking the piss regarding essential working, the c suite exec in charge of my function has acknowledged that the work that I and others in my team is completely suitable for remote working as it is all computer touching but insists at least one person is in the office each day to "maintain visibility".

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Mate chill the gently caress out, reach out to your support network and don't post on the internet after midnight.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Yet that graph has been cited by my workplace as providing "clear guidance on the measures". The same workplace that is requiring people to come into the office and is threatening people who don't with redundancy.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Soylent Yellow posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52091905

A bit of a counterpoint to all of the articles sucking Formula 1's dick for knocking together a few ventilators. If I was one of the drivers, I'd be tempted to say "Sure, but your 76 year old rear end is coming with us".

But red bull are a bunch of tests and mercedes are cool and good, so this isn't unexpected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

josh04 posted:

^ you'll be fine, dw. So long as you wrote the thing and your supervisor thought it wasn't poo poo, it's just a question of how much they'll going to ask you to polish.

This - I prepared for my vivia by reading the introduction to my thesis and watching crash course youtube videos on my chosen field of study (which I found really useful for reminding me of basic concepts I hadn't thought about in years).

Good luck!