Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I would believe that the DNC told Pete to drop out before Tuesday in exchange for a cabinet position to help everyone that isn't Bernie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

SimonCat posted:

He should come to Iowa and run for Senator against Joni Ernst.

He'd beat her in a walk. He's already got the ground game, he's a Vet, he's from the Midwest. He's got a lot going for him.

Yes, but did you see the video of the woman in Iowa who wanted to change her vote away from him after they learned he is gay?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

DOW NUMBER GO UP THOUGH WITH TAX CUT!

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Biden would get worked by Donny in the general.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

In a not so surprising twist, Michael Bloomberg.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Oooh yeah, the MoCo suburbanites at my work are going to freak the gently caress out over this.

Once schools close, that’s the cue that all hell is breaking loose.

Schools closing over this isn't going to happen until it is already really bad. Again, you must think of the money number, it has to go up. If people have to miss work to stay home with the kids, money number goes down.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Cugel the Clever posted:

At least one school district in Seattle has closed for the duration. With all the companies in the region telling those employees who can work from home to do so (and telling a lot who can't to gently caress off and die), rush hour today had less than a third of it's normal volume. It was pretty drat eery and if things drag on we're all in for a world of hurt.

I5 not being a waking nightmare is, I believe, one of the the signs of the apocalypse.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

bird food bathtub posted:

Ever wanted to see what happens with someone has a life time of psychopathy, and then gets dementia so they can no longer keep up even the act/shell they use to make others think they're human?

https://twitter.com/MysterySolvent/status/1236020044930387969?s=20

"They're dead? Well he said 'I went through the air', isn't that amazing?" what the gently caress man.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

It's almost like it's the system that's the problem, and the ones propping it up are the real threat to the American public :thunk:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

That's the best thing about my username, all I can do is go "yeah, checks out".

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Can someone explain for those of us who don't know what anything about the stock market?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Max von Sydow died.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Man, it sure is cool to watch history while it's happening :cabot:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Willfully ignoring the generation called "The Greatest Generation" who are the whole reason boomers could be successful at all.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Yeah, that sounds about right for the rich shits in West County.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

Anyone who cares about someone saying AR-14 is worthless.

Worthless excepting for the fact that their votes still count.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

Single issue voters don’t vote blue.

Tell that to the people I know who are voting for Warren today.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Also leave the Cosmosphere.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Old Boot posted:

You vote for the sake of people who are not white and not men, hth

Even ironyposting 'man I'll just stay home' is wrecking my blood pressure, esp. with SCOTUS looking the way it is.

And Joe Biden is a the reason Clarence Thomas is on the court.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

bengy81 posted:

Don't look at it as a vote for Biden or Trump. Look at it as voting to say you aren't ok with putting kids in cages.

Although I'm not entirely sure how Joe feels about that whole border situation...

Two things about this: firstly, the general American populace has completely forgotten about it since it isn't on the TV anymore, and second if it does get brought up Donny will just say "yeah, and Sleepy Joe and Obama are the ones who built them".

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

Pick which of these seems like a worse sign and it sort of tells you how hosed up things are:

https://twitter.com/paigereports_/status/1237791171885142017?s=19

Morning formations at JBLM are still on though I bet.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'd be hesitant saying that the GOP "figured this all out" considering their utter inability to pass a single goddamn bill other than tax cuts when they had the Presidency and both houses of Congress. GOP in general faces much different electoral, funding, and media dynamics than the Dems and in a lot of ways it's an apples and oranges comparison. Democratic voters are not Republican voters, even if sometimes you have to squint.

What more would they want to pass except for tax cuts? McConnell doesn't want anything to get through the Senate. Starve the beast politics.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Tax cuts!

Nothing. It will do nothing. The holiday will end when the election is over and you'll be on the hook for all the unpaid taxes during the holiday come next filing season. If it happens, save 10% of your check, just in case.

How will this not completely gently caress every single working class person in the country?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

pmchem posted:

Hopkins doc just said every household should have 3 months of food stocked. On CNBC.

That's a good plan except for the tens of millions of people living from hand to mouth.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Bored As gently caress posted:

Yeah but it's fake money artificially created by the Fed for short term loans to prop up liquidity between banks.

Why the Fed can't just do that to wipe out student loan debt is loving beyond me. That would free up billions of dollars for people to spend on products and services, better homes, new cars. It would do way loving more to improve the economy than bullshit QE or propping up the short term loan REPO market.

It's a very simple explanation: gently caress the poor.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Defenestrategy posted:

it'd be a domino after "it's her turn"

You go that far and we're gonna have to do "red baiting", "The candidacy of George Wallace", "Ronald Reagan" and look there's no meme big enough for that.

The first domino was probably "the Persians being defeated by the Greeks" and then you can just go from there.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

And the primaries are not functions of the government like the presidential election is. The DNC and RNC make the rules for themselves.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

My money is on Kamala Harris.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

bloops posted:

Here’s what’s going to happen if we get federal handout money:

people will put it towards debt
People will put it in savings

Weed and paying off my bills, yep.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Wait, I thought her whereabouts were still unknown?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Gonna feel good writing Bernie in as Trump waltzes into a second term.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

And because the electoral college still exists, you don't know if I'm kidding or not :banjo:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I still get grim amusement that that cruise ship gets its own line on all the charts.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Midjack posted:

Seems like it’s going to be a self-correcting problem soon enough.

Yeah, that Idaho resort town that the rich fled to is the epicenter of cases in Idaho, because if there's one thing people should definitely be doing right now, it's traveling.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Chichevache posted:

I think Korea had a literal death cult spreading the virus intentionally, right?

Please, they're called Catholics.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I forget, but wasn't something weird going on with the economy in 1933?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Hey, Missouri is a poo poo hole even without the racism.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Doesn't the NEC have anything to do with medicine? No? Then gently caress off.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

They were monitoring him months before the coronavirus thing started, so just your average right wing terrorist who found his trigger event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Zamujasa posted:

real cool that our presidential election is between two conservatives with histories of sexual assault and dementia.

Founder's intent, baby!