Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

orange juche posted:

CNN is running around in circles cheering about their heir apparent zirconium joe, and how he has now totally crushed Bernie and all other Democratic primary contenders

I guess you gotta take your wins when you can get them because joe is about the worse possible candidate the Democratic party could put forward next to Mayo Pete

Isn't Joe still 10 delegates behind Bernie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
My coronavirus prepping is less about dealing with the collapse of civilization, and more about how I'm probably gonna be inadvertantly exposed to it, and gonna have to stay in my house for the better part of a month.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

HEY FUCKERS

WE'RE +33!!!! IN MO SINCE 2/25

THIS AIN'T OVER BY A drat SIGHT

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/...ingawful.com%2F

I'm trying not to be a pessimist, so I just sent Bernie :10bux:
It's not over yet, I think he can do it!

Edit:

Looks like two possible Coronavirus cases in Colorado. It was nice knowing you all.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Mr Crustacean posted:

Dude I don't even have platinum. Please send some screenshots of any reports. like seriously, I don't believe this

If you're going to say that then I want you or an admin to send some screenshots and post any them of any reports I have made right now.

I am absolutely emphatic about this, I haven't posted anything or been making any reports for the last few months since I am a doctor working this current coronavirus outbreak. This is absolute 100% false.

:thejoke:

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Midjack posted:

I love how that still works even after all this time.

Yeah, thanks to this forum I've been conditioned to always check links unless I really want to get goatsed or logged our. Pretty impressive kill count!

bengy81
May 8, 2010

ManMythLegend posted:

What was the t-shirt prank?

:mcnally:

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Vasudus posted:

Young people (meaning anybody under roughly 55) have nothing to worry about from the virus assuming they don't have a compromised immune system. The danger of the virus itself is largely irrelevant to why it's actually a colossal concern that's absolutely destroying the world economy right now. It spreads easily enough, and people go a long time before showing symptoms. Which means it will eventually find people that *do* need to get hospitalization or they die. If too many of these people get sick, the healthcare system gets overloaded and then a lot more people die. Nobody gives a poo poo if young people get flu-like symptoms for a week.

Because it's so dangerous to older people (who make up a large percentage of the workforce in certain countries and sectors) there's legitimate public health concern. But people don't work like that, and people that are largely safe will panic regardless. This is the dangerous part of a pandemic.

I keep seeing people dismiss COVID-19 as something meaningless, and the best metaphor I have is a house fire. The fire isn't what will kill you, it's the smoke.

There's gonna be a whole lot of cases of dudes accidentally killing grandma in the near future.

Also that's my big fear, I work in a bunch of different hospitals and I know it's only a matter of time before I'm exposed, and I really don't want to accidentally expose my parents.

Also my company hasn't really put out a plan for what we are supposed to do if we are exposed! Which is pretty cool and good when you consider 90% of us are in healthcare facilities on a daily basis.
Sure feel good about having unlimited sick days turned into 4 extra PTO days!!!!

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Don't look at it as a vote for Biden or Trump. Look at it as voting to say you aren't ok with putting kids in cages.

Although I'm not entirely sure how Joe feels about that whole border situation...

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Got off the phone with a VA doc. They do not have the ability to test me unless I’m hospitalized.

They told me to stay home and drink a lot of fluids. I have an inhaler and other meds in the mail to me. The doc first suggested I go to the pharmacy to pick them up until I pointed out that’s a bad idea.

So I’m stuck waiting to see if I get better over the next few weeks or will get hospitalized if I feel worse.

RIP in peace dude o7

bengy81
May 8, 2010

A Bad Poster posted:

That's a good plan except for the tens of millions of people living from hand to mouth.

Also, as my wife learned today, I'd you haven't been to the grocery store in the last two weeks, you aren't getting more than 3 days of anything, much less three months.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Doh first case in Boulder County and it's a staff member at the University. They're not closing down the campus for whatever reason but I guess it's here. Time to hunker down and start gaming.

Had a few confirmed cases in Greeley and Fort Collins. That number is gonna jump really quick.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
My company has low-key started pushing WFH for support personnel, but not a peep officially about what the rest of us are supposed to do. Like, what happens when I'm told that I've been exposed? How much time off will I be able to take? What happens if my whole team is exposed at the same time? I feel like this would merit some discussion, but I guess not...

bengy81
May 8, 2010
WELL, THATS A VERY NASTY QUESTION.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
They are talking about the COVID testinf, but I didn't think we had the tests available, also aren't most labs only able to do like a dozen tests a day? How are they gonna do 15k a day?

Edit: got it, faster test

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Kids are out of school until April 5th. Glad i make enough money that my wife can stay at home.

If I wanted to make a donation specifically to help people affected by this stuff, who would get the most bang for my buck? I'm thinking the local food bank? But if any of you have other ideas throw them at me.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Syrian Lannister posted:

Awesome news buddy!

In other news

My chud coworker believes this is all fake news spread by the media to keep the war going China started with us, along with the infection of all the medical supplies they make.

His proof, Russia doesn't have reported cases.

My favorite part about pandemic talk is that I can figure out any of my coworkers political leanings by the way they talk about Coronavirus.

Hint: they are all Chuds.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

I'm so confused, what reality is half the country living in?

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Current Events:
How the gently caress are stores out of sandwich bread AND flour???

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Arrath posted:

Me: I'mma practice my baking during this quarantine.
Also me: Doesn't buy yeast.

My work: Declared critical infrastructure and I don't get to sit around home in sweats for the next 3 weeks anyway.

Time to get a sourdough starter going!!

bengy81
May 8, 2010

BigDave posted:

My dad just bought some yeast to bake his own bread for the first time, and he's very seriousaly thinking about building a chicken coop and buying a few hens for fresh eggs.

I can't tell if he's crazy or forward thinking at this point.

My dad thinks the Chinese did COVID-19 on purpose...

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Seriously it all depends on cost of living. If you make 75k and live near the San Francisco Bay aren't you just barely scraping by?

With three roommates and no car it's totally doable.

I was offered a job in SF a few years ago that paid 75k and I turned it down. It wasn't doable unless you wanted to live halfway between SF and Sacramento. At least that's what I saw, others might have a different experience.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Well, that might be one way to fix a problem.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
You know what's really frustrating?
That you can't get a Coronavirus test unless you are on your loving death bed.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Defenestrategy posted:

What does the testing do besides being able to tell people around you "Buckle up buckeroos"? There's no cure and nothin' to mitigate it beyond the standard stuff right(fluids/flu meds/etc)?

I'm a person in an essential function job, and 80 % of my customers are hospitals or big pharma. My wife is showing "minor" symptoms, like the kind that could be any number of viruses including COVID-19. She hasn't really left the house in the last two weeks, however, due to my job I've been in and out of a dozen different facilities in three states, so IF she has it, she probably got it from me. It would be nice to know if either of us have it, and that I'm just asymptomatic, or any combination of things.

Mostly I'm freaking out at the possibility that I've potentially exposed a bunch of vulnerable people to this stupid loving virus, but I can't be sure one way or the other.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

That mug is pretty cringe inducing, and I think I would die inside if somebody gave me that when I was a senior.

Feel bad for the kids though. My 11 year old is pretty bummed out cuz she is missing out on all the dumb fun things they do at the end of 5th grade.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Can you all start another thread to bitch about Biden and discuss how lovely the Dems are as a party?

It's been non-stop all week, and it's exhausting and I'm positive all you dudes are doing is making your own anxiety worse by posting constantly about how awful he is and how badly he is going to lose the election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010

BigDave posted:

Well naturally a startup would buy the rights to the Grand Canyon mail route and replace the donkey's with a $2 Billion robot donkey.

Then the startup would be sold to Amazon who would decommission the route as too expansive.

The robot donkey would then be used by white supremacists as a donkey bomb.

HOW DID YOU GET A COPY OF MY SCREENPLAY???