Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

gotta be honest i didnt really do much here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Major Isoor posted:

Wait wait wait...are you opening bags within bags?! I didn't think you could do that! I always thought you had to remove the inner bag, take the outer bag off, then wear the inner bag, to view the contents. :aaa:

Why... didn't you ever try double clicking on them?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Bucnasti posted:

I feel like the quest flow is really messed up, the quests to kill guys with specific weapon should come earlier when you’re still figuring things out and exposure to different play styles would be more useful.
Also the quests should spread you out more, the early quests are all on customs and the late ones are all on shoreline or interchange. Maybe the campaign they play will fix this.

Some of those quests literally haven't been touched in years, they'll probably redo them all before beta.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

twig1919 posted:

Just cheese the quests with goons. Or I guess you could try to flash yourself and get pmc kills on hatchlings for ~reasons~.

Please don't flash yourself on hatchlings or I'll have to report you to the FBI.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Ambaire posted:

Got fed up with my addiction to the flea market and seeming inability to do anything but the flea market (130mil in stash but only 4 pmc runs total? bleh) so I called it quits the night before last and deleted all of my stuff and then reset my account for good measure. RIP 90 million rubles and 40mil of gear but it's not like I was gonna do anything with it anyway.

Maybe I can finally play a different game now.

Heh, who am I kidding. I'll probably reinstall in a few days and start playing the flea market again. And by 'playing', I mean buy underpriced stuff, part it out, sell the high volume stuff on the flea and the rest to vendors.

It's weirdly addicting.

Jesus Christ you have some serious brainworms. What the gently caress, man.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Ambaire posted:

What level was he? And why do you call him a 'gear lord'? It sounds horribly racist in my head.

Holy gently caress each one of your posts is more insane than the last

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Gazaar posted:

Oh no base lvl4 pvp armor, what a sweaty guy!!!

gen4 is lvl5 my guy, it's some of the best armor you can get in the game, and comes in at 200k on the low end

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ShowTime posted:

I'll never use a shotgun after hitting someone with 15 shots and completely destroying their armor, but not getting the kills. I get how shotguns work. I get how ammo works. I've just had bad experiences with them.

LEGS, BAYBEE

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Stux posted:

i want a big rear end switch in the hideout so i can chill out and play mario odyssey between raids

You have a PS4

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Or you could buy antique axes under trader value off the flea and sell them to him and make a profit doing it :shobon:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Kikas posted:

Hey Dicks, what was your shotugn build for that Factory camp thing? I have a few shotgun quests stacked and am looking for good attachments to use. Because the base gun was the M153, right?

153, barrel adapter, one of the chokes that fits on it. Express buckshot.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

People will absolutely steal your silencers. They steal my monster claws, and those things aren't even worth much.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Kikas posted:

Uh wow the changes! https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/120814-preliminary-patchnotes-for-0124-patch/

Flea Market from level 15 is gonna make some of the early key quests hell.

loving yikes, that's gonna suuuuuuuuuck.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Stux posted:

yeah bad pointless change, the level 5 barrier already seemed needless and shouldve just been removed rather than made much bigger

It was kinda necessary to avoid people effortlessly dodging bans for API abuse

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

DrBox posted:

You're going to have to clarify that. If they can dodge bans at 5 what changes at 15? It's like they want to kill their game. New players are going to have much harder time without access to the Flea Market.

It's much faster to get to level 5 than 15?

And yes, Nikita wants a playerbase of 30k, not 300k.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

Wait is this lvl 15 flea market change coming post wipe? Because it would seem less lovely if that's the case. I'm a little less bothered by it if everyone around me has the same limitation and the entire planet is starting from scratch.

But if this is coming right now it could straight up boot several friends I have currently learning this game from even wanting to try.

Next patch, which will not be a wipe.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Mortlock posted:

The highlight of my week so far.

Killed his mate then he grabbed stuff to run then I killed him :)

https://streamable.com/b7apz

lol the matching guns :gay:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

also they need to introduce t7/t8/t9 armor already goddamn i have so much money and t6 armor is literally not even worth buying at all.

The rest of your post is garbage as usual but I just wanna focus in on this part and how totally oblivious it is. The armor classes in the game are based on real-life ballistic levels. There will never be tier 7/8/9 armor because it doesn't exist. There is no armor in the world that will tank dozens of 54R shots for you and they won't ever add it. The armor classes in the game are based on the GOST armor standard and the most we'll ever see is 6A (which I believe is Fort armor).

The only changes they're making to armor in the future is going to be that you'll have to buy and replace the ceramic plates individually, creating even more of a money sink into armor.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i don't care if it's not realistic, i want it because t6 armor is basically useless anyway. balancing a game based off of realism is dumb

Play a different game.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Ambaire posted:

Regular rigs / backpacks having durability would be amazing. Imagine if a rig slot could be damaged and have a chance for stuff to fall out when running. Or backpacks actually needing replacement.

Truly, a voice of reason.

The fact that the dude who's basically never played the game is emphatically agreeing with this dude's suggestions should be a real red flag as to how garbage poo poo doo doo they are.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Toalpaz posted:

Whats a good sight for the MPx at 50 meters. The holographics kind of let me down by being way off zeroing I think... I am at the default FOV. Am I limited to using red dots because it's 9mm?

DeltaPoint?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The Vortex is incredible. Also hot tip, the triangle on the bottom is zeroed for close range.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

DrBox posted:

The Flea Market change could be fine if they rework vendors at the same time. As it stands now you'll be stuck with iron sights for 15 levels if you're only looking at trader items. You can buy an ekp but nothing to put it on.

The people who cheesed their strength stat up early should have a real advantage with the stamina and weight changes too.

cobra

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Toalpaz posted:

Why... why did scav boss spawn/walk over to train...

and why did a scav spawn in the tunnels as I moved to press alarm button and was in healing animation after cleared the area killing another scav...

and why did that scav rng my face with shotgun..........

There's three more condensed milks underneath the menu.... and chocolate bars....

I slew three players so why....

tarkov!!

e: actually its because you put a PK-06 on your MPX you disgusting piece of filth

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Stux posted:

dont get the pk06 bit still do i need to spend time watching bad tarkov streamers or something to understand

No just play the game and notice that literally every sweaty massive kitted gun has a tiny PK06 on top. Also 1001ad recommended it as "meta" so, you know

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Stux posted:

i was using the walther mrs but it feels off for some reason

Vortex/DeltaPoint 4 life

alt. Just use the Cobra it's good

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

InevitableCheese posted:

It’s a bad thing if you wish your game was being played by less people. I guess from a business perspective BSG doesn’t actually give a poo poo if you play at all/stick around.

That's correct. Nikita is trying to make his dream game, not the next Strand type game.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Yes, I understand that, but you're wrong if you think Nikita gives a gently caress. He's not going to stop making his game because Reddit and Twitch don't understand what early access means.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I don't think Star Citizen is popular for its beta format tbf

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

What about Apex?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nah that won't happen. Nikita’s team works at a breakneck pace and they have reliably delivered pretty much every feature they've promised so far.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

DrBox posted:

I'm liking Tarkov, but all the reactionary changes like cursing hatchlings or this flea market change do not give the impression he has a strong vision for the game. So far it looks like throwing things at the wall to see what sticks in between researching more guns and ammo types to put in.

That's because the community is incredibly reactionary and when it gets really loud Nikita feels pressured to respond. He's close with the community for better or for worse. The terrible reactionary changes are always Reddit or streamer inspired.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Ambaire posted:

It was a rhetorical question, implying that reason was because if x item is listed for less than what it can be sold to a vendor for, savvy people will buy it out and vendor it for the profit. I even talked about it with regard to the magazine case. Apologies if you couldn't figure that out.

You didn't actually create any money doing that. You just took the money the person listing it passed up on. The money being added there was the item being generated in a raid and extracted with. There will always be infinite money because there isn't a limited supply of raids to find loot in.

What you're proposing is that people who find a cat statue in raid and extract with it should not be able to sell it because the traders are out of money, even if they don't have flea market access.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

causticBeet posted:

Yeah in the sense that “early access” is so far removed from resembling any honest QA or testing effort, and literally just an excuse to start making money off your half finished product. This isn’t really problematic, and game clearly offers enough content to justify it, but let’s call a spade a spade.

Absolutely. But the main driving force behind buying these types of games, I think, is that if you had to sit on the sidelines and watch the trailers for this game and see them showing off all the features, it would drive you crazy not to be able to play it. Tarkov owns! It's an awesome game already and it's not even close to done! It would be pure suffering to see these concepts implemented and maps demoed and not get to put your hands on them until 2025. Plus BSG would go out of business first probably.

Plus I think BSG has gotten a lot of genuinely valuable feedback from the community playing it. They've learned a lot of lessons from past failures, map design has gotten way better, etc. Maybe they would have made these changes regardless, maybe not. It may not be QA, but it does provide some early player perspective that they'd otherwise have gotten far too late, I think.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

DrBox posted:

On Tarkov: What's the quickest way to level STR? I'm in my 20s and was still at level 1 until I started carrying around a docs case full of technical manuals. I want to level it up before the new patch hits.

There really isn't any, you seem to already know the best way. The easiest is to go out with a friend and knife each others' legs, 1 point of XP per stab, modified by the bonus/penalty. But that's not really quick, it takes hours of Shoreline raids to go up a few levels. Alternatively you could bring a few empty green fuel cans in your backpack to every raid and walk everywhere. But the quickest way is already patched out, which was to glitch the game by getting stuck in the geometry on that one spot in Shoreline.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

DrBox posted:

Ok, thanks. I'm not totally clear on why the docs case is helping. Is it just getting over a certain weight limit or is more better/faster? Trying to figure out of I should grab a second docs case to max out my gains. You would think steroids would be readily available and encouraged in this Russian video game.

You just need to get over the weight limit. The docs case lets you stuff a ton of manuals in your container; before that, it used to be all about ammo boxes full of shotgun shells.

If you really want to invest, you should fill the docs case with SAS drives. More weight per slot.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Stux posted:

the only br that i enjoy is pubg and ive tried them all.

stux don't do this to me. don't turn out to be brokebrained after all this time

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

twig1919 posted:

I think all these idiots complaining about the "economy" just want everyone else to be unable to make money so that they can feel rich in a video game.

pretty much bang on the money

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Zipperelli. posted:

Do you cheat in every game you play? Serious question.

Don't be silly, he doesn't cheat at all. He just goes to cheat websites, to, uh... learn the latest game news and strats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

I like the economy right now because it's dysfunction makes it accessible once you figure out some basics and I'm able to have fun, geared runs consistently without having to poopsock 24/7 :shrug:

Yeah definitely, previous patches I made my riches by hours of hatchet running. This one I'm making millions just flipping SICC cases and red rebels from Jaeger and 995 from the hideout.