Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Real answer: Items cases from therapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

tbh I'm down for arm stamina, only being able to throw grenades like 20 ft after running is lame.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

traders will be a real world location but you can kill prapor and take his stuff and he won't respawn until trader reset 100% real suggestion Nikita when

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

They use different weapon skills and you can put different stocks on the as-val to make to make the ergo stupid high or you can just put a canted pk-06 on a vss and call it a day

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

lol just lol if you didn't immediately recognize 2 of those guns as kiba guns and one as a trade-in.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

ShowTime posted:

I get sound and I wish I could describe the situation a bit better. It wasn't a strategic element that got me killed, it was this guy being able to enter the doorway, ADS and hit me in the face in a split second. I can also tell where people are based on sound. It's not hard to hear something in your left ear and know it's in that direction.

I can't even think of a gun that can go from your hip to your shoulder that quickly, then for them to get my face in the their sights immediately. You can kind of get that done just by having the gun leveled at the right level, as if you were going to no scope someone, but gently caress, this was perfect. I get outplayed all the time, tbh. This was more of a luck thing now that I've thought about it more. I even messaged the person to ask them, but they haven't accepted yet and at this point, too much time has passed for them to remember me.

I'm p sure it's mostly that the delay between what you see and what happened is something absolutely ridiculous in this game, like for the other guy too. Sometimes I kill streamers and I watch from their perspective and it's like they get their shots in then the game catches up to them being dead then they hear my shots.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

yep, cheap lovely 7.62x39 will rule early wipe now that you can get pacas at level 1 traders, 9x19 used to be king for like 3 days RIP. Maybe it'll be 5.45 AKs running PS for a few days now then into 7.62x39 for a week then it's all aboard to M80 town for a few more weeks.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ultimatefire posted:

In an effort to provide meaningful content and not-hysterics, can anyone elucidate the actual mechanics of the armor system?? I have an understanding that taking in armor that is 75-80% of it's original max durability is about as low as you wanna start a raid with it, but I'm not entirely sure why.

If I try to plot out the facts, it's something like this. The chance for bullets to penetrate is based on the penetration value, which roughly correlates to power/10 = armor class it penetrates. Hence we have BS 5.45 penetrating class 5 reliably and M61 penetrating all armors reliably.

Every hit onto the armor hitbox can either get absorbed by armor, or penetrate and deal damage to the player?? And if it's absorbed by the armor is when the armor takes damage, which is sometimes the minimum of 1 dmg to armor and sometimes a % of the damage (based on that ammos stats) that was prevented from hitting the bodypart??? And if it penetrates and hurts the player than it's not damaging the armor for that shot????

The overall chance of penetration is partially based on current durability ÷ max ORIGINAL durability of the armor at new, so going in with a slick with say, 26/26 is probably worse than wearing a fresh class 4? A zero durability armor does nothing??

I recognize a lot of assumptions in my thinking here, and not a lot of access to facts. Does anyone have a clearer cleaner explanation?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VuxGkweKB118mF1kcBmVPe-Bj_gSKGOCWyoytM4miDU/edit#gid=64053005 There's a good shots to penetrate table if you go to the middle tab on the bottom - it doesn't include the slick but it gives you a good impression of how ammo performs against different levels of armor. Or you can talk to Gromky and get his formula or something idk I'd rather memorize tables so I can shoot people or something.

Also yes it's based off current/max, and if it penetrates it does less damage to the armor than if it doesn't penetrate. The damage done to armor seems to be based off the damage of the bullet, penetration value and armor damage % value but hosed if I know how it's calculated.

Also I hate to say it because his hate-on for the PK-06 is so weird but Haki is absolutely right and I'm prepared to spend 5 mil in keys or something absolutely ridiculous to unlock my own M61 and M62 and then never worry about ammo again and then loan out the keys.

Ixtlilton fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Apr 27, 2020

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

fennesz posted:

You're definitely not posting in the right thread. What?

EFT is absolutely the best pvp experience I've ever had, bar none.

I think he means the netcode is poo poo and 60% of fights are over before the other party sees the aggressor.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

fennesz posted:

This isn't at you Ix, just to people in general. But if you're consistently dying without seeing the aggressor, you're either incredibly unlucky or you probably don't understand the maps very well. I've died a grand total of twice this wipe to a person I didn't see first.

I legit feel like we're playing totally different games.

Edit: To clarify, most of pmc kills never saw me either. Maybe it's just that you don't play Interchange?

Ixtlilton fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 5, 2020

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

You can't give non-fir items for barters put up on flea anymore, what a completely rear end change. Graphics cards gonna go up up up even more.

Grats on making gunsmith quests incredibly expensive and/or tedious if you have a friend who can just buy the parts from vendors for you.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Famethrowa posted:

so, essentially, guns are progression gated, meaning that to get to the core gooey fun of the game--pimping out guns--you have to grind out quests or a lot more rubles. and gunsmith is going to get more expensive/ruble-sink then before

this poo poo is already hard to be a weekend warrior, why did they make it worse?? I could see some of the prior justifications, but this is just flat out removing one of the joys of the game for all but those able to play daily.

edit: theoretically grinding out roubles might be easier I guess? a found in raid gun should have it's value increased a good bit now. I am cynical that this will offset the grind though

I think only parts that are used in gunsmith quests will go up at all, people were just prebuilding those guns and then selling them on flea for a mark-up. I feel like they'd already kinda achieved their goals of making the absolute top-tier parts inaccessible until you hit 40, not a lot of people are going to pay 80-100k for a handguard or buffer tube that give you an extra -2% recoil, they'll just run a 55 recoil AK-74 instead of a 49 recoil version.

Plus I really liked doing required searches on stuff and occasionally coming across a good deal, it felt like if you wanted a nicer gun part then a bit of creativity and patience would get you it for a reasonable price and it was really neat.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Stux posted:

they added a craft for gpus that takes a vpx to build, which also has a craft now. all crafts have fir status so, have fun while the prices are sky high

It also takes 37 1/2 hours for the gpu and close to that long for the vpx and ssds used in the vpx craft are up to 300k now lol.

Edit: I just bought an ssd from fence and it was 120k cheaper than the next lowest for a glimpse at prices.

Second edit: I am currently unloading 34mm one piece magmounts from jaeger onto fence because wow no one should pay 200k for these.

Ixtlilton fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 19, 2020

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

The Virgin BSG: casuals shouldn't have meta guns with good ammo that have incredibly low time to kill at 40+ m

The Chad Hunter: exists

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

LGD posted:

e:

they actually really took the wind out of its sails a bit this patch - m80 is 700+ a round on flea (though tbf getting to Peacekeeper 2 is, uh, not a real obstacle) and the 10 round mags are ~20k/loving Jaeger 3

I've been getting murdered by hunters wayyyyy less

fair point, I forgot the Jaeger 3 requirement on those/20k on market. Still, 60k for the hunter plus mag and then just extra 5s is solid.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

And I turned in perfect mediator today, rip my thicc weapons case.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I can, I would just just stick my backpack stack on my pmc in an otherwise full inventory to do a scav run before cleaning things up. Also they made the change when my stack was on my character which bugged it out and I couldn't take them off my pmc and then when I went into raid and dumped all but one in a bush I couldn't use the one I didn't bush.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Lucca Blight posted:

Jaeger's poo poo pits need cleaning, find and service four of his Woods poop holes so the Scavs can do their business. Must have broken legs (1/4)

poo poo.

Lucca Blight posted:

Cook meth in Labs while your contact talks you through it over the intercom, while Raiders try and steal your finished product

Derivative.

Lucca Blight posted:

Scavenge materials and serve Killa 3 alcoholic beverages from the bullet proof bar before extracting

That I love, I absolutely love.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Honestly you can build a silenced .366 TKM gun for not a lot with AP rounds that 1 tap and pen level 4 but probably wouldn't 1 tap through level 4. It's the new Hunter with m80 lmao.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Hunter+6b3tm

A guide by Ixtlilton

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Today's objective was to acquire a Customs key and complete Delivery from the Past.

Never been into factory before so I scavved in to have a look around and got lucky and found the key immediately. Made it out, nice and easy.

Took me two tries to get the docs from Customs, but that's how it do.

Figured after that fairly easy scav run in Factory doing it as a PMC couldn't be too bad. Reality crashed into me about six seconds after I loaded in. Fastest I've ever died so far. My precious documents are gone :saddowns:

This feels like kind of a mean quest to hit a newbie with. But I will persevere.

any time you have that quest goons will stack factory with you and protec

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

want me that streamer glock

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

if it's 30k or less and gives -5 ergo or better I'll use it.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Yeah, umm, I think we all wish Nikita was that progressive.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

the proper way to be friendly is to voice line and run behind cover, put your weapon away to repel then wiggle if they don't shoot by then. After that you give them a couple loot items and they probably do the same for you and then you never follow each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

If you spawn emercom it's generally advisable to loot back oli unless you're doing a purely butt items run.