Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I think it's loving atrocious that Jeager has quests that don't give you rep with him, like the one I am on with "Kill 4 Scavs while in Pain".
Fucker, I just want my Water Collector 2 you dipship hobo :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Goddamnit someone get in this Reserve match right now, I know the map is a coin toss wether it works or not and the loot is all gone but the queue times there (at least in the EU server) are loving atrocious. Only map that gives me over 5 minutes wait time.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Got to 4,5kk roubles last night and decided to do some cleaning in my stash, so now I have 3 full weapon cases, 2 pistol cases, item case, med case, dogtag case, scav box, ammo case, mag case and 30 assorted backpacks ranging from tbags to beta 2.

And 3 times i went into Interchange with the idea of fighting to the death to lose some gear and 3 times i extracted thinking "yeah no this is some good loot I might not be so lucky next time" while finding no more than one live scav or player (even when running towards gunfire). I might actually try hunting Killa next because drat it's getting hard to die in the mall without getting loaded first.
I chose Interchange because Ragman asked me nicely to kill some dudes there.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Also went into Factory with a Saiga 9mm for the "stand next to 3 exits" quest because hey, 2 free bitcoin, and domed some sweaty gear lord who must have loved his Gen 4 armor a lot, because when I looted it off him it had 3/10 durability :psyduck:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Ambaire posted:

What level was he? And why do you call him a 'gear lord'? It sounds horribly racist in my head. Also, he might not have known about the durability mechanics...

He was lvl 30-something, and I call him a gear lord because he rocked an airframe with that gen 4 and a fully kitted M4 with two 60 round mags full of m80.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Curse my bad memory, must have been some other raid.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

The first one with a very acceptable 40 ergo just slays me.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

It would be easier to club a man to death with this rather than shoot him.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hey Dicks, what was your shotugn build for that Factory camp thing? I have a few shotgun quests stacked and am looking for good attachments to use. Because the base gun was the M153, right?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Thanks guys.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Uh wow the changes! https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/120814-preliminary-patchnotes-for-0124-patch/

Flea Market from level 15 is gonna make some of the early key quests hell.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah the Flea lets you cut off so much chaff from the game it's amazing. I guess that's why Nikita wants it gone.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Okay thank you all for the Shotgun advice, the build works WONDERS:

They never stood a loving chance. Shame Shturman didn't have a red rebel in his box. That random BEAR was a ~80m headshot with a PM :allears:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah slugs are good for Sniper scavs, and killing one on Woods can net you a lot of roubles in gear. The one on the southern rocks can even spawn with nvg, and he will slide down after you kill him (75% of the time).

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I think the game glitched here but with amazing results:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/fg9jek/killing_an_invisible_hacker_on_labs_that_was/

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

ShowTime posted:

What's the easiest way to level strength right now with the cap? You can't just hit your friend a bunch anymore. Every raid I go into I try and throw a grenade and it's taking forever. Should I just try and melee as many scavs as possible? Strength level 3 is the only thing setting me back from my hideout (that and time).

Get your gear, buy 2 empty fuel cans and walk through the raid. Just casually walk - running will level you endurance and walking slow will level covert movement.
It's slow as gently caress, but reliable and still faster then grenades.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hey, they did the thing https://twitter.com/bstategames/status/1237764844213993473?s=20

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
https://twitter.com/bstategames/status/1238029328136404995?s=19

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
In a reply to that:
https://twitter.com/Pestily/status/1238035787641479172

If loving PESTILY can't get to Elite during one wipe, then the system is loving broken man.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

ShowTime posted:

Patching is apparently done, according to their twitter.

Edit: And it is working. Lots of new icons and stuff. Grenade case requires some new things.

Yeah there are new barter items and recepies with them right?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
What I want is a way for the hideout to generate skills instead of passive income.
And I want Jeager dead.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

ShowTime posted:

Shoreline power station also has scavs, usually 3 or so late in the raid. There are 2 scavs that spawn way up north above the village around a couple weapon crates. I find those two some of the easiest scavs to get.

There's also a scav Sniper on the Power Station roof sometimes and it's the only Sniper that I've see spawning wing NVGs of any kind. You can't get on the roof and his body will never drop to the ground >:[

Kikas fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 13, 2020

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Bucnasti posted:

Nikita mentioned something in one of the videos about a "comfort system" I assume it will be something like a heat level based on how much armor you're wearing or something else that we'll have to keep track of and slow us down.

Well, heat skills are already in, just disabled. And snow was talked as post-1.0 DLC.
So there might be heat management down the line.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
drat, this will poo poo on early wipe. Or new players in general i guess.
I liked the idea that you could luck out on killing a better player, because death comes easy to all in Tarkov, but I guess now you're gonna be forced to use that gear instead of selling it for cash. So it's kinda the situation I am now at, with 3 weapon cases full of looted guns waiting for their turn in the meat grinder.

I think that armor/mod items will be the ones hit by this the most, not ammo. Which is actually good, since it means more people running armor 3/4 all wipe. This might be an okay system.

gently caress having to actually find keys for quests now tho. And gently caress "kills with x gun" quests, that's gonna be a bit harder to complete. Overall this might be a change big enough to shake up the meta, disrupting all levels of play. I am cautiously optimistic since the last few "oh gently caress this sounds horrible" changes have actually turned out as not such big deals or actually positive. And I'm a casual Tarkovian. Currently gonna take a break tho - no way I'm gonna get through the remaining 3 Punisher quests before next wipe, and getting my new case and losing it a week after would break my heart.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Doodles posted:

After the weight changes last month and the skill wipe going with them, I've heard a lot of complaints on how long it takes for players to get their strength & endurance back and I had a thought: Has anyone proposed adding an exercise/weight training area to the Hideout, which would give bonus XP to those two things once built? Seems like it would be reasonably straightforward to implement.

Yeah an upgradable Gym area as a money/item sink was proposed a few times here and I've seen it pop up contantly on Reddit. I am sure that Nikita is aware of the idea, I just don't think they're gonna implement it anytime soon. They even have the assets, there's a bench and some weights in one of the Reserves' garage.

Maybe it's one of the secret hiedout upgrades post wipe, they supposedly added a crapton of crafing items there, maybe a new area or two as well.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Rebind "check escapes" to a single "o" press and unbind "check time". Checking escapes will show you the time, there is no need for this to be separate things.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Does anyone have any tips for finding an AVS in raid? I hit level 15 and I gotta say that I have not seen a single one.

Hunt for Reshalas guards on Customs, they have them. If you go for the head you might even get one with more then 15 durability!

EDIT: Also for the quest you can just buy them.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Wait, I can just buy them? Well poo poo, I thought it said I need to find them. I will try that when I get off of work later, thank ya.

I hear this a lot, guess I will need to hunt them down. Last time I killed them, I managed to loot Resh, but some beefy boys rolled up and scared me off and I could not loot the rest.

If you have to find stuff in raid, the quest always has 2 parts: one with "Find X in Raid" and another one with "Turn in X". If it has one part, you don't need to actually find the items in-raid.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Jarf posted:

Yeah it's a checkbox under sound then you have to restart the game after enabling.

I'd say it's harder to hear generally because the sound overall is quieter but it's miles better for actually telling which direction and how far away things are.

Wait till it rains. Goddamn the rain is deafening in the lovely lvl1 headphones.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Haha, "non-balistic replica" :allears: At least now you can put a flashlight in the "Gear" slot of a helmet, so this does have it's use. And of course it will still take a faceshield, so it's not as useless as it might seem.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Man the servers were rear end today. Lost connection a total of 6 times over 2 raids and then died to a very Looper scenario - walking through Shoreline, suddenly I see that my right arm is blacked out. Then I start bleeding. Then I just die.

Made it past a guy running at a fence, constantly. Shot him twice in the head, he just screamed and kept running. poo poo's fucky.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I think that it was confirmed that there is a lot less loose loot overall, so I guess that you just got unlucky? I've seen marked rooms contain just one item, so maybe they can now be empty.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

andyf posted:

Are the little micro-stutters caused by player scavs zoning into a raid, or unrelated?

I've had them fixed by going from 8Gb to 16Gb of RAM.

Wrt: AI Scav hostility

Scavs work in groups, and are only hostile within that group. So if as a Scav you wipe out scavs in the big red warehouse on Customs, the scavs at the gas stations won't shoot you. However the groups are unknown and you got no way to tell which is which, that example is the only one I have confirmed but my buddies had similar experiences with other groups.
I think Shoreline is hosed this patch, i keep getting disconnected every time I run it. I've also can't find anyone for the life of me there, it's insane.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Remember to buy recoil pads from papa Prapor for all your Kalashnikovs, they really loving matter for recoil control at full auto.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Aksu is kinda bad tho, but I will admit it is my goto gun from LL1 Prapor and I'm level 5 right now. Also for people who go into run "naked" - invest in a balaclava. It's dirt cheap and removes a big bright "shoot here" point when you are sneaking. I just wish I could roll down my pmc sleeves without buying another shirt but what can you do.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Phobeste posted:

Just had a run in interchange with my buddy where we completely desynced, couldn’t see each other and couldn’t see scabs except some frozen ones, but could interact with the map and open doors for each other. Great way to get that oli logistics manifest and hit Emercom medical lol with only a few strays from random invisible scavs to worry about

This is literally half of my Shoreline experience this patch.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh hey they banned backpack stacking on your character, now you can only do it in your stash.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Shoot all scavs. Shoot em all, all the time. Noone is safe now. Scavs moving loot is gonna be hillarous tho.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Jarf posted:

Can't wait to hear that classic grenade launcher "ploomp" sound and have a minor panic attack before exploding. I hope they give them to scavs!

Probably Raiders will get them.
Labs will never be the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Stux posted:

i learned on customs and the map really isnt as bad as everyone makes out, the "choke" is pretty large with numerous ways through. still looking forward to seeing it expanded though cos its my fav map

if youre dropping money ona 1440p 144hz monitor you might as well get one with gsync as well and then not have to worry about if you can maintain the full 144hz in all games at all

Don't get confused tho, Freesync is basically the same as G-Sync, and there are 10x as more monitors with Freesync. It does work on Nvidia cards as well.

Also the stutters are more likely due to the game being not fully optimized, so it will lag and stutter on most pcs. Or networks. Or planet allignments. The world of Tarkov is unforgiving.