Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
If you want to play tarkov with goons there's a big discord full of those people at:

https://discord.gg/fxvqwE6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

tithin posted:

so what is this game, is it good
are there aus servers or is it hosed

1) it is a game about shooting russians and sticking stuff up your butt
2) it is the best game of the past 10 years
3) it has australian servers and there are even australian goons on the discord who play it

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The kill quests with the weird garbage conditions can be done really easily with other goons on the discord.

you need at least two people, you and the person you're gonna kill in whatever dumb way, but you can bring more people so you can knock some of them out in just one raid

You and at least one person in the other group need to be set to exactly the same tarkov server. You do that in the launcher, both of you pick the same server as your only server.

Whoever picked the same server as you has to lead the other group, since tarkov groups always follow the server settings of the group leader.

Go somewhere like night shoreline or night interchange, click 'ready' at the same time, cross your fingers, and you're in the same raid.

By 'sync dropping' like this its very easy to finish the tremors/flashbang quests, as well as stuff like "kill 3 pmcs with a mosin on woods in one raid."

Like people said above, you can take a zagustin injector, wait 60 seconds, and get tremor.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Grenades used to work much better than they do this wipe

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
It was probably the :reddit: and the streamer that got them to do this lv 15 thing

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Fewer people on - less matching time its fine

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Ambaire posted:

Truly, a voice of reason. Limited trader money would also help, resetting with their normal resets and global for all players.

Nah they already tried making tarkov a game about having the lowest ping to st peterburg and setting your alarm to go off when traders reset it was really dumb.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Toalpaz posted:

Whats a good sight for the MPx at 50 meters. The holographics kind of let me down by being way off zeroing I think... I am at the default FOV. Am I limited to using red dots because it's 9mm?

cobra

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Cup Runneth Over posted:

tarkov!!

e: actually its because you put a PK-06 on your MPX you disgusting piece of filth

^ what did you think would happen?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Stux posted:

dont get the pk06 bit still do i need to spend time watching bad tarkov streamers or something to understand

play the game and before long you'll see a very distinct pattern emerge with all the awful tryhard scrub people you kill or find dead

alternatively just look at the gun with your eyes

also, for god sakes dont watch 'streamers'

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

InevitableCheese posted:

I love how every recent change is almost intended to kick new players straight in the nuts repeatedly.

Raid in with your Lvl 1 Trader weapons and PS ammo, laptop running your maps and wiki pages, and get smashed in the first two minutes. Then since you can’t just pick up healing and food/water on the flea, you’re spending at Therapist for even more between raids. Either that or wait 20-30 minutes to even play for healing or scav timers (not to mention queuing times). Traders are going to need a serious rework if they want to improve player on boarding at all.

I’m not too worried about the changes myself, but for someone learning the game fresh it’s going to be rear end.

Tarkov should be a free to play mobile game

the game has too many players its why matching takes so long, this change will be good for us

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Stux posted:

i use the pk06 on everything cos i like the sight picture and it feels accurate at max fov and i havnt found another sight i like as much

shame on you

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

InevitableCheese posted:

It’s a bad thing if you wish your game was being played by less people. I guess from a business perspective BSG doesn’t actually give a poo poo if you play at all/stick around.

When a AAA company that’s competent at game design and programming, and can afford a decent infrastructure, inevitably picks up this games style and detail, it may be full of MTX for lovely cosmetics but will probably be the better game.

i sincerely doubt it

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
nikita is a genius developer, the best of his generation

the hacks that make ripoffs will just make more garbage games and you shouldnt get tricked into playing them

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
A friendly reminder that it was streamers who did this to our thread(s).

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
They should have banned everyone that cheated up their str/endurance.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
New str/end system is kinda dumb and they are shitbags for not just punishing cheaters and instead resetting everyone.

I do like that it punishes fat greasy gearlords and helps the poor though.

Interchange lighting changes are nice, "pull a lever before you can put the key in the kiba door" is dumb.

Would have been nice if they actually added ichange raiders.

Nikita govnovich is still the best game developer of a generation hands down

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DaveKap posted:

Dunno if anyone else updated the news about the "banned for asking for a refund" thing but...
https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/fhx6nt/regarding_the_bsg_stole_topic_turns_out_they_didnt/

They put in a chargeback before asking for a refund. If you don't know, chargebacks are brutal on companies and it's very common to ban people from your service if they try to commit one.

A :reddit: making poo poo up for attention and all the gullible :reddit: believing him? I am just shocked.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
You can leave stuff in the system appreciation package mail indefinitely and it wont expire or go away. Its free storage for all that stuff until you actually want to use it.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
hopefully they ban the str/end cheaters

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Great Beer posted:

China is effectively banned from American servers due to the ping limit but the cheaters are just using vpns to connect anyway. That's why you see so many people lag skipping all over the place.

They don’t use vpns to do it, since that couldn’t lower their ping. They hack the launcher to remove the ping limit in selecting servers.

The us west coast is within the ping limit of many of them already though, since the limit is too high.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
pmc stats are good, cheating is bad

punish the cheaters its simple!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

ShowTime posted:

I really wish we could message other scavs. Sometimes I just want to message them to tell them how loving idiotic they are for ruining both our raids. Go into a raid, don't fire on the guy even though I have the jump on him, announce my presence and do the wiggle. It's returned. Continue to kind of move about the building with him nearby as i'm trying to find a PMC sniping at people. loving idiot shoots me in the back, doesn't kill me, but I have a loving hunting rifle with no scope and die to the next 3 shots. Well you now get to loot the second worst gun in the game, with only 1 extra clip, and absolutely nothing else. Oh, btw, now the other scavs want to kill you and know where you are.

You loving idiot.

I cannot wait for the scav revamp to happen.

alternatively, whenever a pscav kills another pscav, it means one fewer pscav, which is the best outcome since pscavs are scum

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

ShowTime posted:

You can gently caress right off. Playing as a scav is such a fun way to play this game.

doesnt make pscavs not scum!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Cup Runneth Over posted:

every trader aggressively asserts that scavs are less than human, except maybe skier, whom everyone hates

"Wasting Scavs is no big deal, they are no humans anyway."

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
the mosin is a complete piece of poo poo and a chore to use for the garbage quests where you have to

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
drat the tarkov thread is talking about fuckin streamers again

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

ShowTime posted:

Watching streamers with drops enabled is maybe one of the best things in this game though. Especially when juicy drama comes out of it. We all love talking poo poo about BSG and tournament organizers and this is the perfect opportunity.

jesus

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

ShowTime posted:

I've subbed to Pestily several times and have gifted a handful of subs too. I appreciate his content and what he's done to promote the game. Still can't watch too much of him before I want to watch something else.

dude

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
All i want is some goddamn immersion or realism make it so the silencer heats up and if you bump into your buddies they grunt and yell

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
the reddophile and the streamer are winning big :(

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

ShowTime posted:

Huge change I think everyone but relisters will be happy with.

jesus

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

ShowTime posted:

Chill out. The change is basically just to stop relisters who buy their M995 and poo poo and relist it. Or people trying to manipulate the flea market. It's not that big of a change. The biggest change is that hatchlings will have a harder time selling poo poo because the stuff they find will likely be marked as not found in raid. Are you a hatchling? If you aren't, you don't have poo poo to worry about.

There is small group of people (in this thread even) who want the game to be one way and then a bunch of other people that want it to be the other way, which is the way it's going. It's also still just a beta so who knows if this change lasts.

oh word?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

ShowTime posted:

I really don't see what the big deal is with this change.

Dont worry about it

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Famethrowa posted:

I get why they are trying to shut down relisting coz it's objectively bad, but the inflation this is gonna cause will be insane.

which will of course lead to more stratification between sweatys and everyone else when only sweats can afford slicks regularly

thats a weird way to say 'objectively good'

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Ultimatefire posted:

So, what are bullets going to cost if you can only list them from found in raid?? Who are the level 40 people excited that they will be able to buy their 140 personal limits of bullets at a time from peacekeeper, now that the global limit won't be used for relisting?

I only have played during the last few months so I always had flea in the game - if I had to wait until level 33 or whatever to get BS 5.45 rounds from Papa Prapor because none were on flea - which I just now hit after the last couple months of nolifing this poo poo, I don't think I would have stuck with it.

It's the one advice everyone gets, don't skimp on bullets. Do people think they bought less bullets under leveled than they buy once they have access to traders??? It's a huge part of what made the game playable, and leveling people to 10 for flea is already a huge difference than 5, grueling in comparison. Am I wrong to be worried that there won't be access to decent ammo??

Maybe it will be fine because everyone will be equally handicapped. I'm prepared to learn to love the AKM instead of the AK-74m.

Fake edit: I'm probably doomsaying on this issue, forgot that max hideout can craft high powered rounds that are found in raid. Still, aren't they going to be 3k a shot or more, with such limited supply?

Yeah its a crazy stupid idea

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Hazdoc posted:

You can still flea things found in raid, which is going to be all keys the first time they're found. You just can't resell a key to another player, if you're done with a key, it goes to therapist now. Key prices are something that is unlikely to change with the new flea market.

Yeah when supply goes way down prices tend to stay the same thats good thinking.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
stockholm syndrome gamers man

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Hazdoc posted:

How much is the supply going to change, Nostradamus?

The current supply is all the keys bearing a "found in raid" icon and also all the keys that have been taken into a raid once and dont have the icon anymore.

The future supply will only be the keys bearing a "found in raid" icon and none of the keys that have been taken into a raid once.

I don't know if you know this or not but there are a bunch of early shoreline quests that require different keys to complete, keys with very low spawn rates.

Now and in the past, after a person used the key to complete his quest, he could sell it to someone else who wanted it on the flea market. In the future if they actually go through with this idiocy, none of these keys will be available for sale.

When there are fewer goods available for sale, we say that the "supply" of them has gone down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Hazdoc posted:

How much of the current key supply is people selling keys they've used?

It's hard to see why you'd think it would matter.

I don't know if you know this or not but demand for shoreline quest keys is very different six months into the wipe than it is early in the wipe. Early in the wipe many thousands of people all need the same keys at the same time to do the same quests, and very late in the wipe this isn't true, since a huge proportion of people have already used the key to complete the quest.

If they actually go through with this extreme stupidity, one of the awful consequences will be specific to the early wipe when nearly everyone needs the same few rare keys to complete early quests and get access to better gear from vendors.

Maybe there's some kind of person that actually thinks stopping people from reselling vendor items is a good idea. I can't understand that point of view, but there are all different kinds of people in the world and it's certainly believable that there are those kinds of people.

What I can't really believe is plausible is that their are ones that they think it is good to get rid of one of the best things about the game, its market for secondhand stuff.