Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I face tapped him with a saiga 9

That M4's mother was also its sister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
The AK 104 with the FLIR on it was a worthwhile trade when bitcoins were down under 100k, now they're pure sale value.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Famethrowa posted:

the arcade sounds in the mall really exposed how godawful the sound engine is. really cool walking by and having the bleep bloops phase in and out of existence

Or how the Kiba alarm, even with comtacts on is completely inaudible at the top of the escalator between mantis/brutal

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
The audio differenc eis night and day, i don't know why it's not enabled by default aside from the fear of a thousand neckbeards screaming that a thing is different.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

idiotsavant posted:

Some advice from one garbage player to other garbage players: Jaeger's Cold Blooded is a loving miserable garbage poo poo quest but it also opens up a bunch of other quests, including one that gives you 0.3 Jaeger rep (holy poo poo!!). Here's how I got it done:

1: stack a bunch of PMC kill/Factory quests like:
Skier - Stirrup (3 pistol kills)
Skier - Friend from the West pt 1 (7 USEC kills)
Jaeger - Huntsmen path: secured perimeter (8 kills in Factory office)
Jaeger - Cold blooded (of course)
Maybe something like Prapor - Punisher 5 if you're there (PMC kills w/ scav vest & 6b47 helmet)
Mechanic - Scout (three Factory exits)

2: get a cheap gun for headshots. I ended up just sticking with a P226 - a pistol and two mags of Pst was like $15k max. I tried a Kedr/Klin and they own for Factory but not so much for getting headshots if you can't aim well like me. I found pistols easier to aim for heads with and you only lose $15k a run. Pst is decent and cheap, and 18 round mags mean you can spam some without running out of bullets like with a 1911 or TT.

Note: this is for lovely players like me who can't aim and die a lot. Doing it this way means you can prep like 10 setups (pistol, 2 mags) and just zip through them.

3: get set up for tremor. I found the easiest and cheapest way was by maintaining dehydration. You can let it run out in another raid and go from there, or eat a full jar of mayo or a bunch of Slickers bars. I found the Slickers bars were a great cheap way to maintain 0 hydration if I had to go screw around in my hideout or take care of other chores. I tried all combos of vaseline, ibuprofen, painkillers, propital, etc. I think the most effective way was either painkillers or ibuprofen - I'd keep one stack in my alpha plus an IFAK and/or a propital/Factory key.

As long as your hydration is low (<5 for Ibuprofen, <7 for painkillers) you take one or the other immediately upon getting into raid and hide for 30 seconds or so for the tremor to kick in. WAITING IS CRITICAL! I got two extra headshots that didn't count cause it was too soon. Propital can be nice because it heals you while you lose health from dehydration, but honestly I usually died before it would have mattered, and a heal or two from my IFAK kept me going just fine.

4: get dem headshots. I did most of it this PST morning when it was busy, not sure what best times might be for everyone else.

5: gently caress you Jaeger

edit: two other things to pay attention to: healing after raid doesnt re-hydrate you thank goodness, and sometimes I'd randomly get like +20 hydration when I got in raid. It can be useful to stick a slickers in your secure just in case, and worst case scenario you can take 2-3 painkillers back to back to knock your hydration back down.

Alternatively, just keep an arm fractured (you can select not to heal fractures at the end of a raid) and just take painkillers to see properly and then play as normal. ! managed to do that quest today using that method.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Im getting a lot of hanging at the end of matches, occasionally spinning blue wheel of death and then crashing to desktop.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Gabriel S. posted:

I really wish I could use ALT-Tab in this game and it'd stop stealing focus.

Running borderless made alt tabbing a lot less painful for me

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

The Clap posted:

Slap a flashlight on your gun and just sweep every corner, all the time. You probably know this but flashlights are excellent right now, very few downsides as far as I can tell. If someone's in a position to see you waving it around and gather your position, they can probably already hear you anyway.

One major downside is they're visible through walls/floors/ceilings

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

The Clap posted:

This actually reminds me of a cool little trick Klean was talking about a while back. If you use alt+A or alt+D to shine your light around corners, if anyone is looking at you they'll only see the flashlight and glare - just like how it would look if you were actually standing there. Klean would work it into a sort of juke around the corner but I was more interested in using that technique to bait out a bunch of shots and throw them off before any sort of actual peek.

If you keep a switched on cheap rear end flashlight in your anus and drop it after some shots have been launced at you, it is the perfect bait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
I'd recommend a basic bitch SKS and a pocketful of PS ammo as your 'still learning the game' cheap loadout, unless you get a hold of the .366AP ammo the VPO-215 will leave you hella disadvantaged in most situations. 7.62 PS will dome most players as well in class 3 helmets and often class 4, the 215 ammo will mostly just bounce off.