Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Marder Section

Marder near strongpoint

Pop smoke to cover the reorganization of our lines. I hope this isn't a mistake.
Other marder
Inch forward and fire at will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
6th Company

Pull back elements of 3rd platoon to the fort (closest to the fort line, not in foxholes, ideally), all others hold position.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
GARKO

Eastern AT gun, continue firing. It, and infantry within Crisbecq, should prioritise targets along the yellow line in this image:

Crew of the knocked out AT gun, rather than journeying to Crisbecq, should move QUICK along the red line and join the other crew, which will a) continue attempting to recrew the gun (worth a shot, right?), b) provide spotting for that flank, and c) prepare to fire on any contacts that cross that open space in an attempt to flank 6 Ko.

Infantry in the east should hold positions, but I want the squads along that hedge to Crisbecq's west, near the strongpoint, to reposition along the reverse slope. Squad 1 (black) will pop smoke and move SLOW to the foxholes indicated by the arrow. 2 (white) and 3 (green) will move as indicated by their arrows, QUICK. All three will then adjust facing and target orders to aim at the top of the slope (purple line, adjust if wrong) and fire on any contacts that attempt to crest it.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
8 Ko

Company HQ will move FAST out of its current bunker and head for the Gun #1 trenches

Both HMGs and HMG HQ will move FAST to the cluster of trees/hedge near the Marder. Deploy in a position that can get good LoS on our forward pillboxes. I want to rake anyone who crests that hill and tries to assault the fort.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

German Turns 25-27

This turn brought to you by the Hover-Sherman (TM).

Turn Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDI2suUaOsA
Its a bit long but a looooot happened.

Turn Maps

What, just what.

Artillery mission

Oh poo poo I think this is more Americans (maybe Pioneers?)

Misc Pics

So many GI's, so little space.

Splat, it's those MG on the west flank.

The Panzershrecks are in range, they only need for the Shermans to edge forward and let them see them.

https://imgur.com/a/xdq6gHB
^^^ A helpful album full of images!

Requests for screenshots etc asap please!

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due 3PM EDT / 7PM GMT on Monday, March 30.

Special note now that the fighting has reached the fort. There are a bunch of weaponless bunkers scattered around the trench complex of the fort proper. These basically represent the underground bomb shelters of the fort, so they can be used to protect against shelling. I don't intend for these to be used as actual fighting positions though (notice I pointed them all towards the rear), so please play accordingly! Both teams will get this message.

Fray fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 29, 2020

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Battalion Orders

Fight.

I don't know why they've decided to put their entire main advance right up on an impassible hedge, but take advantage.

Infantry, do what you need to do to keep pouring lead down.
Marders - if you can get a shot on those last two tanks, do so. Otherwise continue supporting the general defense.
105s, hit that hedgerow.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Redacted, writing up a slight amendment to orders.

Flesnolk fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Mar 29, 2020

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

8 Ko

If it rallies, Company HQ will move FAST out of its current bunker and head for the Gun #1 trenches. Try to run a route out of enemy LOS.

HMG HQ will move FAST to the cluster of trees/hedge near the Marder. Deploy in a position that can get good LoS on our forward pillboxes. I want to rake anyone who crests that hill and tries to assault the fort.

Have the leftmost (the one closest to town) HMG TARGET BRIEF the largest visible American concentration in the woods for 90 seconds.

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Mar 29, 2020

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

The Americans can't cross the dense hedges so are stuck where they are. There isn't a danger of them cresting the strongpoint anytime soon. Also the mortars are out of ammo sadly.

Right now we need to get all of 6th co onto the fire line and both the Marders lobbing HE at the Americans. We have siezed the advantage as they had to move to position but now they can be given target area orders the intensity of fire will go up a lot and they outnumber us significantly so it's going to be a rough few turns.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Marders, forget the tanks, HE away!

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

One other thing. I've noticed that for casualty objectives such as the Germans have, the game counts points according to percentage of crew casualties rather than vehicles knocked out. That's loving stupid and not what I wanted, so heads up that at the end of this I'm going to make whatever manual adjustment of the score is necessary to count by vehicles knocked out.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
GARKO

Any infantry in Crisbecq that can see the contact circled in red, or even that specific bit of ground upon which the contact in red stands, should open fire on it with TARGET or TARGET AREA orders, whichever gives a given unit a better shot. I mean it when I say I want it to get hit as hard as possible. Eastern AT gun, evaluate if the location of the contact in gold can be seen upon adjusting facing; if so, face it and open fire. If not, adjust facing however necessary to see the red contact and open fire on its location.

It's looking like we'll need to reinforce the fort. 1 Platoon, leave present positions and move for the fort trenchlines, going FAST for one minute and QUICK the rest of the way. Upon arrival, face the hedgeline and put down TARGET AREA orders on the nearest contacts. Units circled in blue should attempt to be in the positions indicated by the arrow before round's end; where this is impossible, inputter has discretion to pick positions that can aid the defence.

Western gun crews, continue with previous orders. This is a (heh) long shot, but we need all the help we can get, so on arrival at ordered positions, set TARGET AREA orders for either of the enemy formations indicated by the red arrows, whichever Saros feels there's a better chance of actually killing.

Edit: Amended orders. Gold contact is tempting, but looking at its position I'm pretty sure the AT gun wouldn't be able to see it, and even if it did hitting it would be dicey. I'd rather mess up the guys I know I can hit. Also, I rewatched the turn video and saw this unit (circled in green) can't see literally anything at all:

Move them QUICK to somewhere in cover they can see at least one of the areas indicated with red. Preferably the contact I ordered shot at earlier. Please do so in a manner which does not dislodge currently-engaged forces.

Flesnolk fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Mar 30, 2020

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Marder Orders

Commanderless Marder should reenter the fray when possible. When the Shermans are confirmed out of action, begin firing high explosive shells at American infantry.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
6th Company

All Panzershreck units move forwards to engage the tanks. I think I want them to use HUNT if they're in effective range of 300 meters, and MOVE or FAST to close in if they aren't, but I leave this up to the inputter's discretion. My intent is to engage the tanks with a full force, either to destroy them outright, or make them back up to a position where they can be taken by the Marders.

Recrew any MG bunker that can provide enfilade fire on the American side of the hedgerow, the C6-D6 line. Ideally (again) with non-MG elements from other units, with other elements occupying the strongpoint trenches where they can fire as well. I'm aware that this subjects them to tank fire, but it'll also distract them for the Panzershrecks to close range.

All other units make whatever minute alterations in position are needed to put as much fire on the American hedgerow as possible. Again, if the strongpoint trenches let them fire on the infantry, do so.

In addition, in the unlikely event that the American infantry position breaks off, and the tanks remain to cover a retreat or whatever, I authorize Panzerfaust equipped elements to get as close as needed (possibly the original foxhole) to engage the tanks as well.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Reinforcements

Regimental HQ comes through on the radio. Over the din of the fighting right outside his bunker, Major Sniper can barely hear the staff officer on the other end. When the idiot finally gets to the point, however, a grin slowly creeps over the Major's face.

The following will arrive at 1:25:00. (that's in five minutes)

(2) Panzer IV
Green experience
Arriving at the map edge on the road from Fontenoy.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due Noon EDT / 4PM GMT / 5PM BST on Wednesday, April 1.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

German Turns 28-30

Bada bing bada boom.

Turn Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQU16eDnW6o

Detailed unit clickthrough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh4K_JNkGfQ

Maps

Screenshots

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Battalion Orders

Well done, all, well done - we continue to make them pay heavily for their advance.

BattHQ - Move to rally GarKo elements
6Ko - Continue pouring fire down, reposition as needed
8Ko - Pull back that exposed HQ, rearrange HMGs as needed
GarKo - Rearrange as needed to consolidate your squads
Marder - Try to get a shot on that last tank, I leave it in you and Saros' hands

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Mar 31, 2020

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
GARKO

Western gun crews, continue harassing fire on the heavy weapons platoon and any other targets of opportunity. Battlefront made the, in my opinion asinine, decision to make AT guns impossible to recrew, so the best you can do is keep sending bullets downrange, but that's better than nothing.

Eastern crew and surrounding units, we'll have to decide whether to nominate you for the Iron Cross or court martial you for cowardice after the battle, so survive until then. Withdraw from the woods along the red line and move towards the easternmost cluster of houses, circled here in black:

Upon arrival, take up positions indoors, facing the town's eastern approaches. Maximise potential line of sight on contacts coming up that road or out of the woods. I will leave movement speed (my gut says SLOW for one minute, then QUICK the rest of the way, to minimise chances of getting shot in the back) up to Saros' discretion, as well as whether to issue an order to HIDE for the purposes of resting and restoring morale once indoors.

1 Platoon, and 2 Platoon's third squad (B team), hold position in the town. The circled units are to maintain fire, using TARGET AREA orders on corresponding coloured lines; Saros can switch to TARGET orders for taking out specific contacts at his discretion.

Units in green are to target the red line, focussing especially on the machine gun contact. Blue targets purple, teal targets maroon, gold targets grey. If in doubt, shoot at who you were shooting at last round, or the largest group of American contacts visible to you.

2 Platoon, except for the aforementioned squad, are to reform into squads, regroup and try to rally. I will leave the specific details to Saros' discretion, although it would probably be wise to pull back to a part of the trenches not actively under fire and HIDE until morale returns to normal.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Marder Section

Remnants of the Marder crew that was destroyed are attached to the closest infantry unit and are out of my command. The Marder still surviving should continue to try and hit the shermans (input is supposed to just hunt for LOS)

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

8 Ko

Mortar platoon HQ move FAST to the woods directly behind them. Break contact with the Americans and get to safety. We'll get Klaus the Funker later.

HMG HQ check facing and positioning to make sure it can hit any Americans who assault over the hill and into the fort proper.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

6th Company

Recover Panzershrecks and use them to engage the final remaining Sherman.

Recrew the MG bunker and strongpoint trenches to provide enfilade fire.

Western MG and HQ to withdraw to safer position, out of LOS from enemy HMGs if possible.

All remaining units intensify fire on the hedgerow and adjust as needed.

In the slightly less unlikely event that they pull back from the hedgerow, Panzerfaust elements are authorized to reoccupy the foxholes there and attempt to engage the Sherman if it remains to cover the retreat.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

24 hour extension!

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

German Turns 31-33

(The one where the Americans bring up their reserves.)

Turn Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlghKWZ63-M

Turn Maps

Unit screenshots
https://imgur.com/a/rIA1W0L

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due 3PM EDT / 7PM GMT / 8PM BST on Sunday, April 5.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Bat Orders

Infantry - Continue holding the line, repositioning and reforming as needed to ensure maximal efficacy. Rearm as possible.
Tanks - move to a central position to target their infantry pushes.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
GARKO

Western AT crews and infantry in Crisbecq, hold fire for one minute, for the sake of ammo preservation. After one minute, resume fire with TARGET or TARGET AREA orders on the nearest visible contacts. In the absence of visible contacts, resume fire on targets from the previous round. Saros has discretion to order units to HIDE if need be, as well as make emergency adjustments to orders, positioning, or LOS. Any units that have not completed their movement orders from previous rounds, such as the eastern AT crew, are to do so as top priority. Elements of GARKO at the fort (so most of 2 Platoon) are to, at Saros' discretion, regroup in the trenchworks, set up LOS on the Americans at the hedge, and focus on recovery for the moment. Open fire at any targets of opportunity, or if 6KO and 8KO look likely to be overwhelmed.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Marder Section/Tanks

RIP Marders. Do what you need to do.

Photoshop ate my image quality! The tanks should follow the white axis to get into position, and fire at will along the angles of attack (red arrows). Use commander discretion for LOS and staying out of the way of Shermans

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 5, 2020

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

8 Ko

TARGET for 1:00 that MMG position in the woods with one HMG.

If possible, TARGET the other HMG on the ends of the barbed wire in the woods to hit GIs trying to get around the obstacle.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

6th Company

As soon as medicing is done on the panzershreck, move to a position where it can ambush the tank should it come forward to engage the strongpoint.

Keep the bunker manned; move more units into the strongpoint if needed.

Company command, move to rally broken 3rd Platoon elements.

One complete squad per platoon (rifle and MG elements) can come off the line at a time to rearm--ideally least ammo first, if nothing more important (like being shot at) is taking place. Strongpoint bunkers have ammo, so that may shorten the time needed for 1st and 2nd platoon.

Once that squad rearms and returns, the next squad can break off and rearm, etc. Alternatively, if ammo sharing is modelled for things that aren't ammo carriers for big units (like Flesnolk's AT guns) the units that rearmed can move to distribute ammo to other units.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

German Turns 34-36

Press F to pay respects.

Or more accurately refuse to loot your friends body of the crucial weapon he was carrying, this happens a lot.

Turn Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYEbRqVGvOw
In summary. gently caress.

Unit Clickthrough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT-lU2xXbyc
Apologies for the vid but screen shot uploading is very painful at the moment and I didnt actually take my normal ones because I forgot to turn on my screenshot program.

Turn Maps

Basically our fort defense is shot to hell by mortars. If the tanks can deter the Americans for now we can hopefully pull our guys off the line and recombine squads/medic up our MG's but right now of the eight MG's we had on the firing line only two are operational and one of those only has sixty rounds. American mortars have demonstrated an uncanny ability to snipe our squad commanders and gunners and our troops are very insistent on not looting their buddies corpses.

Oh and the commander who was calling the fire mission got killed and the mission has been auto-cancelled. So yeah we have to decide on another atry target in ah, fifteen minutes.

Some Screenshots
https://imgur.com/a/xdmvdde

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due 3PM EDT / 7PM GMT on Thursday, April 9.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Battalion Orders

The situation grow grim, but I intend to make them pay dearly if they want these guns. I thank you for standing by me.

Shoot whoever is responsible for siting those bunkers.

6Ko - Fall back on the fort and recombine as possible. We're going to need every man able to hold a rifle in order to defend the fort before long. Likely time to start setting up secondary lines of defense in the fort.
GarKo - Keep at it, not that you can move much under bombardment.
8Ko - Reposition as necessary with remaining forces
Tanks - Continue as ordered

105s!

Call in artillery - circular or line as deemed more effective - on the area between the strongpoint and the fort trenches - I consider the former lost, at this point, and within 15 minutes they'll be knocking at our doors.

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 6, 2020

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

6th Company

Company command continue to rally any elements they can get into shouting range from from the fort trenches. Any and all company elements capable of receiving orders and not within the perimeter of the fort, fall back to the fort walls now.

1st and 2nd platoons, fall dig in such that they can put fire on gun number 1. The MG noted as low on ammo is to enter a fort bunker and resupply.

Everybody keep in mind that they need their engineers to win, and since we can only see the one engineer unit in the sea of contacts, they can't be that large a component of their force--two platoons or less, maybe. If all else fails, we can dedicate all our resources to killing or routing the engineers and "win" by making them unable to complete their win condition.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Armored Orders

Continue to carry out aforementioned orders.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Saros posted:

German Turns 34-36

Press F to pay respects.

Or more accurately refuse to loot your friends body of the crucial weapon he was carrying, this happens a lot.

Turn Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYEbRqVGvOw
In summary. gently caress.

Unit Clickthrough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT-lU2xXbyc
Apologies for the vid but screen shot uploading is very painful at the moment and I didnt actually take my normal ones because I forgot to turn on my screenshot program.

Turn Maps

Basically our fort defense is shot to hell by mortars. If the tanks can deter the Americans for now we can hopefully pull our guys off the line and recombine squads/medic up our MG's but right now of the eight MG's we had on the firing line only two are operational and one of those only has sixty rounds. American mortars have demonstrated an uncanny ability to snipe our squad commanders and gunners and our troops are very insistent on not looting their buddies corpses.

Oh and the commander who was calling the fire mission got killed and the mission has been auto-cancelled. So yeah we have to decide on another atry target in ah, fifteen minutes.

Some Screenshots
https://imgur.com/a/xdmvdde

Can I get the replay?

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Grizzled Veterans of 8 Ko

TARGET the marked locations for 2:00

QUICK to the bunker. ACQUIRE 2000 rounds of 7.92mm and return to original position. I want to have extra ammo on hand for the HMGs.

Sailormen of GarKo

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 7, 2020

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Will the HQ actually share ammo with the MG units?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

German Turns 37-39

Turn video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQke62Hyu_o

Unit Clickthrough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwADV1o6nGE

Screenshots

Chin up chaps.