Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
This movie is one of my favorite movies ever. I still can't believe a movie where almost every scene is just two characters talking to each other is so intense. I love when it sinks in that the blurry first person intro with the "I had a dream about..." line is a dream of a spirit in a resurrected body that is possessed dreaming of murdering that kid because the possessor and the body are murdering the kid :wtc: There's so much good poo poo in that movie, and there's some genuinely good humor in it too. The book, Legion, is excellent too.

I have to agree about the theatrical version, overall, being a little better than the director's cut. They did what the could but like others mention you can tell the ending is super abrupt because that's just all they had salvaged to work with.

I always wished Blatty didn't get his stuff meddled with by Hollywood so much though. Exorcist III is outstanding and the other movie he directed, The Ninth Configuration, is great great stuff too. Would have loved to see more from him.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU