Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I watched this movie last year after it was featured in an RLM video, which is worth a watch after you’ve seen the movie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIC6D77YYgY

It’s such a weird, but enjoyable watch. There are parts of it that I like as much as any horror movie I’ve ever seen. And there are other parts that are completely out of place. It’s really a wild ride.

The relationship between Kinderman and Dyer is absolutely the highlight of the movie. I’m particularly fond of their opposing perspectives on god, especially this exchange, which I’ll spoil because I want everyone to experience it for the first time while watching the movie:

Kinderman: The whole world is a homicide victim, Father. Would a God who is good invent something like that? Plainly speaking, it's a lousy idea. It's not popular. It's not a winner.

Father Dyer: There you go, Blaming God.

Kinderman: Who should I blame? Phil Rizzuto?

Father Dyer: You wouldn't want to live forever.

Kinderman: Yes, I would.

Father Dyer: No, you wouldn't. You'd get bored.

Kinderman: I have hobbies. In the meantime, we have cancer and mongoloid babies and murderers, monsters prowling the planet, even prowling this neighborhood, Father... right now, while our children suffer... and our loved ones die, and your God goes waltzing blithely through the universe like some kind of cosmic Billie Burke.

Father Dyer: Bill, it all works out right.

Kinderman: When?

Father Dyer: At the end of time.

Kinderman: That soon?

Father Dyer: No. We're going to be there. We're going to live forever, Bill. We're spirits.

Kinderman: Oh, I would love to believe that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU