Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'm bumping this thread to share the news that Altered Carbon has been cancelled:
https://deadline-com.cdn.ampproject...s-1203023456%2F

This sucks. Should I start from the beginning if I want to pick up the books?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ugly In The Morning posted:

There’s another big difference between the book meths and the show meths that was a total wasted opportunity on the show. The book meths aren’t just old because they have the resources to keep sleeving- in the books, basically anyone can get a sleeve if they want one. It may be a lovely synth, or it may be mortgaged with all the horrifying repo that implies if you miss payments, but you can get one. The thing is, most people get tired of living after two or three go-rounds, and then they just get spun up for holidays and family events, and then do that less and less as they become more and more disconnected. The meths are people so convinced of their own importance they can’t accept a world without them in it and they just keep going. Yeah, they accumulate vast resources over their many lifetimes but that’s a result and not a cause. I think that’s a way more interesting thing than “they live forever ‘cause they’re rich”.

So basically all the micromanaging control freaks who would otherwise be stopped by their eventual death, aren't.