Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
What is going on with Will Arnette? Is he on the sauce? He seems bloated and out of breath all the time. It's really weird. Every line sounds like he had just run up a flight of stairs to deliver it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Here in America, we have the freedom to count whatever nouns we want. It's in the Constitution!

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Is there a way for US goons to watch LM Aus?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

Tubi on your Roku?

Score! Thanks!

Who is this clown in the red suit. "People have used the word...DILF." Which people? Had they been hit in the head?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Yeah, I'm about to finish off S2 and it's been great. The people are all such amazing builders AND people. Except of course for loving Kale in S1, but it seems as though they learned their lesson from that shitshow. An utter pleasure to watch.

Also Hamish is 10x the host Will Arnett is.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Slyphic posted:

I've got some bad news..

....drat. I had been afraid of that.

Unless you are just referring to them bringing Ke back for the all star season, which I had already heard about.

HootTheOwl posted:

Ugh, another zero host.

?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

Kales redemption arc is an enjoyable watch at least, he doesn’t seem a bad person and the show kinda did allow him to become a villain in s1.

Kale didn't strike me as a "bad person," per se, so much as a self-centered rear end in a top hat who used his neurodivergency to excuse his lovely behavior. Unfortunately, you also don't need to be a bad person to ruin it for everyone else - you just need to be an rear end in a top hat.

Was it much of a redemption arc for him on the show? Maybe - I hope so! But I've seen recent (last two years) social media comments from him that continue to take no responsibility and blame how he was made to look on the show, which is extremely difficult to credit.

quote:

There’s a contestant coming in s4 who is worse and from what I’ve read of her social media posts, is portrayed exactly how she is in real life. From what I gather, she made no friends among the cast for that year. She’s a dark mark on the show for sure.
Yikes. You know it's bad when a contestant on a whacky kids toy themed reality program is labeled a "dark mark on the show."

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Slyphic posted:

There was no redemption arc. He doesn't change his behavior at all. I feel about S5 Kale almost exactly what I felt about S1 Kale.
That just makes me sad for the guy. Also for Trent, who I think I read got to be his partner for that adventure.

quote:

I found her a worse person but not more annoying and impactful than Kale. It was mostly feeling awful for her team mate (they were paired together by the show, not a natural team).

Just the worst when they pair people up, and even more awful when one turns out to be a huge jerk. I'm still not sure how Billsy managed not to punch Kale in the stomach so hard it made his studs declutch. Surely he knew the entire audience would have pooled money for his legal defense.

HootTheOwl posted:

will = zero =10 x0

Oh I thought you were talking about Hamish.

The bit in S2 hanging build episode where he stays suspended for all the shots...lol....

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

God the dream would be 2 seasons a year, regular LM AU and then a gimmick one like this / GM etc. I love how the AU show is scheduled with 3 episodes a week, but it does mean it flies by when it starts airing. 2024 isn't that long away now at least...

I know that seems tempting but it's basically what they did with Top Chef back in the day and it killed the show.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Finally finished LM AUS S2. Holy poo poo. The scale of these final builds is mind-blowing. Do the subsequent seasons manage to continue elevating the game in the way that S2 improved over S1?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Awesome.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Slyphic posted:

I tried making an abridged cut of an episode of LM:US last season starting by cutting out any time the judges were talking, Will's skits, the most annoying 'social media' moments from the contestants, and I was already below 15 minutes. The final cut was sub 10. I've never felt the need to this with AU.

That's because all of the things that need to be cut out of the US version are actually good in the AUS version - the judge talk, Hamish's skits, even the contestant background bits.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Just popping in to say: LEGO Masters Australia S3 was amaaaaaazing. I mean, wow.

And it blew me away how different the final 3 (and final 4 and final 5 even) were to one another stylistically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

ruddiger posted:

The Australian Lego masters eps are on tubi, but they only have the first four seasons.

They have 4 now? Used to only be the first 3....