Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

We'd better be keeping Sherman and SGT Chowdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

It all happened before I got to Sam Houston, but I found out that a few of the guys here at the Fort Sam band ended up getting to know Bergdahl pretty well while he was here. One of our french horn players got tagged to hang out with him, give him a hand with stuff, and ease his transition back into life stateside. A couple of other guys ended up drinking with him fairly often outside the NCO barracks they all lived in.

Apparently he'd feed the stray cats around the barracks, and then trap them and re-home them with people he knew. Any time he had to go to Bragg for his court-martial, he'd show up with a case of Shiner and a bag of cat food and ask a friend of mine to feed the cats while he was away - which pretty much amounted to dumping cat food on the ground by a conex that was across the street, but whatever.

Opinions on him were mixed, but everybody agreed he had some brain problems going on. Whether those were pre-existing or a result of the whole Taliban thing, I don't know.