Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

why didnt anyone tell me about this thread u bastards`

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

google maps is back down and now our github is down. my alarm didnt go off so i woke up half an hour late. and we have a release today.

i think ima go back to bed

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

cult is the only credible interpretation unless u are a spook or chowing down on psyop spook food

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

1500NZD is like 900usd

that being said i have no idea how much those guitars normally go for

also i would imagine being a tiny island nation makes everything pretty expensive

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

the thing with the Falun Gong is you have to be able to put on your Soviet hat to be able to interpret them aka using a deeper level of political inspection than most Americans are familiar with

You have to be able to tease apart the fundamentalist new age religion aspect, the anticommunist aspect, the reasons the CCP might not like them very much because they are a fundamentalist new age religion, the reasons the CCP might not like them because they're an anticommunist group, and the reasons the CCP might not like them very much because of just the nature of the CCP and a marxist-leninist-maoist organization in general

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

rotor posted:

i understand the CCP is mad with them but I don't really care. There's lots of fundamentalist religious weirdos on earth, and I honestly don't care about them until they're actively loving with people scientology/prosperity gospel style, which falun gong does not seem to be doing.

obviously their newspaper is hosed up and not really a legitimate news source, I'm just sayin that they seem relatively benign and aren't some weird hosed up cult.

attempting to cause a revolution in a country of 1.6bwould be bad for a lot of people so

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

rotor posted:

wow someone should have told mao about this

China had a population of 300mil in 1939 lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

australian dudes were about to whinge about shutdowns and then they saw how well that was going for the americans and fell into line

it probbo helps that its autumn and the weather is getting wetter

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Shaman Linavi posted:

email from CEO today saying offices are staying closed until August 1st. so much for those nice summer walks around the parking lot

and our $60/month roni stipend is even getting extended maybe

summer walks around your neighbourhood are probably way better tho eh? take your dog with you too!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

hope yall are fuckin strapped in and ready for Meatless Monday Through Saturday

carry on then posted:

wait till the vaccine comes out and it's discovered that it doesn't work

it’s hard for a vaccine to work when it appears u can get it twice

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Midjack posted:

if that’s true every time you get it you tear your lungs up a little more so it may take several rounds but it will ultimately kill everyone.

don’t forget all the other organ damage!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

Two women here last week went into a Walgreens and started stealing stuff while coughing loudly and saying they had covid to keep the staff away. They got arrested and are now being charged by the FBI with robbery affecting interstate commerce, which is a $250,000 fine and 20 years in jail. Lol

someone did that in detroit and got a terrorism charge lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I ordered pad Thai with scallops and squid and it was very good

enjoy ur sea food while you still can

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

what’s a good chair that I can have a doctor write a script for and hopefully have the insurance pay for

I keep having horrible back spasms courtesy of my 30$ Walmart office chair

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

apparently I have the 1500$ aeron at work

also apparently it’s 1500$

lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my coworker recommended this so unless insurance covers 90%, I’ll go cheap

https://www.autonomous.ai/office-chairs/ergonomic-chair

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my wife works on the labour and delivery unit and as it turns out 78% of pregnant women don’t display symptoms and they just discovered this two weeks ago

whoops good thing they didn’t give their unit any PPE unless the mother had symptoms!!

also my wife is due in three weeks so hopefully poo poo wasn’t Typhoid Mary! good thing they only just opted to test all employees yesterday

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

mods please do the needful

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

wow RE: RE: RE: RE: ported!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

wait drat i should have used that in the quote of the bad post

i am an idiot

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

haveblue posted:

welp, just got told they're letting the lease expire on our physical space and mailing us equipment and personal items

our business unit is intact so we're all still employed but I guess wfh is forever now

yeah my company had two buildings before all this and now we're consolidating into the bigger of the two

I'm extremely happy to have perma wfh

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Midjack posted:

nobody is going to abandon open offices or cubicles, they're too inexpensive to make that attractive.

you know whats even cheaper? reducing your square footage which brings down your rent and utility costs. Just have an office with some employees who need to be on site full time and some conference rooms for when you have clients coming for a pitch or important meeting

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DuckConference posted:

in other news the update on this

my name now features prominently on a spreadsheet being passed around management. the pressure is dropping at the centre of this tropical storm of bullshit and home depot is all out of plywood sheeting.

idk how hurricanes work is this good or bad

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

abigserve posted:

It's scary how competent the Ausgov response to COVID-19 is and I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop

the liberals saw how well it’s going in the states and realised hey maybe being a complete knob isn’t the greatest idea after all

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i’ll accept that.

i know after awhile he was starting to not want to do his daily facetime calls with his family and would rather sit around and play 360 games with me on the couch. so it was probably a coin flip if i were sending him in one direction or the other lol

"ah poo poo wife aggro, gotta log boiz gg's"

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Uptime Sinclair posted:

sorry your mom raised your rent op

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Methanar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHe8rPZzPRE

I don't own a PS4 and can't actually bring myself to play video games that I didn't play when I was <12 anymore, but I did watch this guy's entire series on 1.75x speed.

I'm pretty sure this game is way better to watch than play yourself. You get to skip all the grinding bullshit and its just so much faster.

this is the pro strat for all single player games

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

funny how the so called ps4 pro comes with the least pro 'headset' thing ive ever seen. dollar store rear end lookin thing.

get urself a pair of sennheiser GSP 600’s, op

works with ps4 and PC

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Broken Machine posted:

i guess la is staying at home for up to another three months?

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-12/coronavirus-beaches-reopen-los-angeles-county-move-toward-new-normal

they're going to have to give everyone more money, or they're going to end up with a ton of desperate people broke and jobless, homeless

glad i'm not in la (we love it)

no the headline is just wrong

they’re gradually loosening restrictions and are in phase two as of yesterday

the LA times just wants to incite Michigan style protests because it’s owned by a bunch of shitheels

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

our offices opened back up, but we had a meeting and our boss had a lot of cuss words to say about how stupid that is, so i guess we're wfh for the long haul

same

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

my boss is already talking about coming back as soon at it's legal, which for now would be june 1, because he is a small business tyrant

tell him your wife is a doctor so you’re at risk and will probably get it eventually so you’ll continue working from home until there are 0 new cases

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PCjr sidecar posted:

instant boss-jitsu that since you’re going to get it as a hcw spouse you’re safer in the office and no point in trying to avoid it since you’ll get it eventually

then u can tell ur coworkers what the bossman said and they can all yell at him about not wanting to catch the rona from HPH

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Something lawful posted:

Are you lot working more or less now? I've dialed it down to a 2 but some of my megacorp breatherin are working weekends and stuff. Weird. :angel:

i work less but get more done

funny how that works

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fart simpson posted:

we basically don’t eat anything that isn’t spicy

same

food without spice is bland

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

while we are airing our food stuff I will go on the record and state I prefer soda and water room temp no I will not be taking any questions thank u

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

actually I guess I should mention that I have 28 fillings from stomach issues I had when I was a teenager so my teeth are extremely sensitive to cold

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my daughter wanted to try my Indian food so I gave her a tiny amount even tho it was pretty spicy. she immediately demanded more and stuffed it into her face, then coughed and drank a bunch of milk, then demanded a third helping.

now I get my Indian and Thai food medium+ instead of hot+ so we can share :3: it owns to have a lil food buddy because my wife doesn’t eat anything with flavour beyond garlic and black pepper.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I shave my head every day and it suits my needs

u guys should try it bald is beautiful

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

More like Fat, 32, shaver.

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER