Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Col.Schultz
May 14, 2010

Till we come to some beginning within our own power...
Tried to sign up for a few sessions worth of phone banking, but can’t because I don’t have a US phone number. I’m australian based and can make the time zones line up well enough (and speak with authority on the benefits of and barely noticeable tax implications of Medicare for all). Not to mention having spent enough time lurking the Succ Zone to be able to rattle of chapter and verse about why Bernie is best (and beats trump).

I want to help out and am happy to do whatever I can remotely (and as a non citizen). So if anyone has ideas feel free to let me know (or DM me).

My one achievement so far is convincing a colleague who is a dual citizen registered to vote in the Maryland primary to go Bernie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Col.Schultz
May 14, 2010

Aesculus posted:

Literally anyone in the world can volunteer there is no loving excuse, I'm in Australia and I've sent thousands of texts and made a few calls too :rms:

Aesculus, how are you signing up for phone? Or should I just go with text banking?

Col.Schultz
May 14, 2010

Aesculus posted:

Both the Bernie dialler and the Bernie texter are web based platforms. Even if you're overseas and can't make international calls or texts you can still use them.

For the Bernie dialler just input your country code or any number for your phone, login as instructed and let the page access your microphone. Even if you can't make any of the training webinars there are resources and a slack link at berniesanders.com/call (also the place you go to login to call people!)

Thanks. I realised my mistake, I kept trying to sign up for a shift to make calls, and it kept bouncing me saying that I didn't have a US phone # or Zip code, but the Dialer works just fine. I will diarise some of the available shift times and make calls tomorrow and Monday.

Thanks for the help.

Col.Schultz
May 14, 2010

One hour on the phone for Bernie just then. Four in the bag for Bernie (each bringing 2+ friends). A few polite declines, about 20 answering machines and wrong numbers, and one thing (which I can only assume is some sort of AI bot) where a guy was trying to buy a car in the background and only came back into the call whenever I spoke.

Will be waking up early tomorrow to do some before work. Thanks for those who provided assistance on how O/S people could dial in.