Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
i really want to phone bank or canvas before i gently caress back off overseas but ive been stymied in these efforts by the fact that i dont have a working smart phone which frustrates me to no end because even though im right in vancouver right now everything ive read about these volunteer events seems to say i need one or else i cant even bother

i would love nothing more than to gently caress off to one of these events and get to work but without a smart phone or car it just doesnt seem like its possible for me to actually do anything man i just wish i could call whoevers in charge around here and see if gadgets are actually as important as the websites making them sound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
its a hotel computer unfortunately and my proprietary notebook charger is hosed and im on my way out of the country since i dont actually live here right now

i remember doing the literal obama phonebank in 2008 and also hilary canvassing in 2016 and was caught off guard by how digitized everything is now in this country i no longer live in

i really regret being complacent and not preparing for this better people who dont share my bizarre lifestyle choices please dont make excuses because i feel like poo poo right now and youre gonna feel like poo poo too if you dont do anything

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
drat i wish i knew that a couple hours ago the website was emphasizing the rsvp and smart phone bit so hard i really wasnt sure everything has a start time and an address so its not like it would be hard to gatecrash

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

stephenfry posted:

also,,, Canadian vancouver? dm me? e oh yeah I don't have plat whoops

no washington vancouver slash portland

hhhat posted:

And on slack you get a cool icon next to your name!

Don't tell everyone but VCs get to man the guillotines

tell me more about this slack can i use it to do international bernie phonebanking just so long as i have a functional headset along with a computer

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
all right ill give it a try when im done with my traveling and work stuff which should be uh sunday your time i think dont have access to a headset right now i pmed you my email which im assuming is necessary to be invited anywhere

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
just checking in to say that this spoke texting stuff is surprisingly fun its like posting except im not being an rear end in a top hat who types in all low caps

its kind of what i would expect d and d to be like if d and d didnt suck

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
the call slack seems to think itll be fixed in maybe ten minutes

theres no texts right now either presumably because there are more volunteers than texts which is good but kind of sucks for me since i woke up early to start texting today

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
finally got a small batch of texts one guy asked what bernies platform is in regards to free food and seemed genuinely impressed when i explained all the ways bernies plans would decrease the relative value of food to the point it might as well be free

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
im taking comfort in how all this pennsylvania stuff implies that the campaign is in for the long haul even if tomorrow is a disaster

how was textbanking today i didnt do it today because yesterday there were no sets are gamedays usually super busy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
textbanking ruled today they had a bunch of stuff for new york about tomorrows volunteer call and i managed to talk a biden supporter into voting for bernie by promising him id be as persistent for biden in the general as i was being for bernie with him