Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Phone banked a few times before and it was extremely rewarding to be around other supporters, and to talk to individuals and change a couple people's minds.

It's very easy to do in groups (preferable) or on your own, swallow your misgivings or anxieties and get Bernie elected!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

stephenfry posted:

is there any sensible way to "profile" people when phonebanking? I know I want to kneejerk bring up Biden + NAFTA at every opportunity in michigan, but it might not persuade affluent people

I just ask people what their top issues are/what is most important in a candidate

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

stephenfry posted:

thanks for the smart answers

I get quite a few people saying they don't care about politics. I press them, of course, maybe by asking if the people they care about care about politics. Or asking what matters to them in this world.

I think that's a "Refused"

Tonight was a really good night on the phone for me, I sometimes get a few people who had not thought about who they were voting for yet and didn't have any particular pet issues.

For those folks I just expound on my own top 3 issues climate/m4a/worker representation for a minute and this always seems to make people say "yea actually that all sounds really good" and each time they've committed to Bernie by the end of the call

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I can also rely on at least one good prank response each time I phone bank. Tonight it was some guys pretending like I'd dialed a secure line at Area 51 and they were demanding to know my name and supervisor. At the end of the call they said they were going to have my position traced in 30 seconds so I responded "woah that's pretty cool, vote for Bernie on Tuesday!" *click*

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I wish my state (NY) wasn't so late in the season so I could go knock on doors and win folks over with my charm sooner, until then all I can do is donate and phone bank for Bernard who will win

Phone or text banking is easy and low stress, do it fools, you'll be glad you did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

spacemang_spliff posted:

I can't stress enough how important canvassing is.

Fuuck I wish I could take off work and go canvas in upcoming states, I love talking to old ladies and they love me