Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I just got back from canvassing. It was a little rough at first but it got better.

Although I'm an incredibly white guy with probably one of the most stereotypically Irish names and I canvassed a black working class neighborhood.

Most people were at church or work. I managed to move one old lady from committed to Biden to maybe Bernie.

Shits going to work if we volunteer instead of getting blackpilled on a gay dead comedy forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

stephenfry posted:

Are Victory Captains trained to ask volunteers "How'd it go?!" at the end of every session or something?

I guess the reasoning is that people feel heard and appreciated? And you want to give them a chance to mention if anything bad happened?

Have to assume any actual data is collected through the tools

Mine asked me and I was feeling a bit down because out of the doors I knocked, all but 3 were not home and 2 of the 3 were having none of it, but the captain said basically that was good and what they'd expect and to come back tomorrow to canvas more.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Im gonna do some text banking after twerk tomorrow

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I can't stress enough how important canvassing is.

I have johnson county (the really wealthy suburbs of KC on the KS side) tags on my car. And like I could understand why they would have been suspicious about a white guy walking through their neighborhood at 10 am on a sunday knocking on doors. Even then though, once I got one lady to start discussing medicare for all (my #1 issue) I was able to get her from being definitely biden and dismissive of me to her saying "I might just vote for Sanders" and telling me who else to canvass in the neighborhood.

If my suburban white rear end can go into a working class black neighborhood and come out with at least 1 changed mind then anyone can do it. I'm a fuckin dork with a clipboard!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

durrneez posted:

I've been feeling really dumpy and depressed so I signed up to phonebank and canvass for Bernie in Ohio next weekend.

This thread has been super motivating!

Do it. It might be a little tough and discouraging while you're doing it but once you're done you'll feel great.