Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

I'm really socially anxious and after canvassing once I got the training to host and have been canvassing in very conservative Eastern Washington.

In doing so I've met a lot of really cool people, convinced a lot of undecideds to feel the Bern, and the worst rejection I've gotten has either been "no, we're republicans now" or "no never that guy". Because I go with my 4 year old, we don't always get the full 50 done, but every time we've changed at least one person's mind and everybody is surprised that anybody is canvassing in this area.

I was also nervous about a large Spanish population and my inability to speak Spanish, but even that has been a very surmountable obstacle, as showing Bernie's picture has produced warm reactions in spite of my inability to communicate verbally.

Go knock doors, text, or phone for Bernie!

Not many people have signage here, so it's always nice when they ask for one of our banners to put in a window :bernget20:

vvv Yes, doing this hard, and in general have been adding lots of people to Minivan / Bern app since many voters in the lists here have moved out but have politically inactive family that are registering to vote for Bernie!

tonberi has issued a correction as of 19:41 on Mar 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU