Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Another point for Bernie's electability is that Independents are a much larger proportion of the general electorate than the primary electorate. Bernie is the longest serving Independent in Congress and consistently has the highest favorability among Independents. Biden's record on trade, social security, etc. is a huge liability in swing states just like it was for Hillary.

Code Jockey posted:

Hell yes, great thread.

Been sitting in texting queue all day, no texts for me yet. That's kind of awesome really, there are so many people doing texting today! I'll get my shot at some point.

Thank you to everyone who volunteers. This poo poo is so important and I deeply appreciate everyone who is contributing their valuable time to our dude.

We're probably gonna be perpetually understaffed on phonebanking and overstaffed on texting. I would highly recommend taking the training class and signing up for a shift - just an hour to start and go from there. I have call center experience so I'm numb to this somewhat, but I know basically everyone in our generation is anxious about phone calls since we've all been texting for 15 years. If you're phonebanking alone from home, there's nothing wrong with a bit of liquid courage to take the edge off. Phonebanking now is short conversations getting Bernie supporters committed to vote and swaying undecideds so your average call is gonna be a couple minutes or less. If you aren't in or near one of the states voting next Tuesday and canvassing isn't an option, phonebanking is the best use of your time. Getting callers who support Bernie or whose whole families are voting for him is a great shot in the arm to keep you going. The first few calls will be awkward but you'll find your rhythm quickly.

MeatwadIsGod has issued a correction as of 00:40 on Mar 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

I. M. Gei posted:

Speaking of the March 17th primaries, obviously we should spend most of our time working on the states that vote THIS Tuesday first, but it wouldn’t hurt to go ahead and spread some Bernie seeds in the states that primary right after that too. Those states have more than 500 delegates combined; 4 of them have over 100 delegates each, Florida being the biggest of them.

The goal for Florida is gonna be the same as South Carolina and all the other southern states - staunch the bleeding as much as possible. Bernie absolutely has to be viable in these states at a minimum. Biden is gonna get all the gusanos and white retirees in FL unless coronavirus or something keeps them away from the polls.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Looks like the regular dialer is working again (thank god), and there's been a steady stream of text batches today too.