Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Crossposting some stuff I posted in other threads in the hopes that those of you who volunteer will use it.

We need to spend the next 5 days hammering Joe Biden’s voting record into Michigan and Washington voters’ heads.

Cuz if we don’t remind every single voter in every state that Biden fuckin loves/loved segregation at least 3 times an hour every hour until every states’ primary, then maybe Bernie deserves to lose. And by “we” I mean Bernie’s campaign media team and all of you reading this (and myself).

In fact, if any of y’all know anybody in Bernie’s campaign (or in any group that supports Bernie) that does TV ads, then y’all need to tell them to push Biden’s voting record and segregation poo poo HARD! AS! gently caress! in attack ads over the next few weeks or longer. Also a reminder that attack ads are best made and put out by 3rd-party groups that aren’t directly affiliated with the Bernie campaign itself, since a whoooooole lot of voters (my dad included) are turned off by political attack ads of any kind from anyone, even a candidate they support.

A lot of people in Florida are probably early voting right now, too. Remember that Florida is CHOCK FULL of old people. Push the “Biden loves segregation and hates your social security” poo poo to EVERYONE, and I mean REALLY hammer that poo poo into their skulls, and give coronavirus to anyone who still wants to vote Biden after that. Next week should be enough time for it to start showing symptoms. don’t actually infect people with diseases, you psycho

If you’re doing texting, phone-banking, or canvassing for Bernie in Florida right now, there’s pretty much no excuse for you to NOT be pushing anti-Biden poo poo to everyone you talk to. And don’t forget to tell everyone to tell all of their friends why Biden bad too!

I. M. Gei has issued a correction as of 22:06 on Mar 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

For those of you who are volunteering, it would help for you to remind voters that nobody will vote for a Democratic candidate if they’re the same as the Republican candidate. Therefore, we need to vote for a Democrat who is DIFFERENT from the Republican.

Voting for a centrist like Joe Biden WON’T make Republicans vote Democrat.

Voting for a centrist like Joe Biden WILL, instead, make Democrats not vote at all. In large numbers!

Republicans will NEVER vote Democrat! There is NO POINT WHATSOEVER in wasting our time trying to change their minds!

NOBODY is going to vote for a Democrat that will do the same poo poo Trump does, when they can just vote for Trump instead!

Therefore, if you want to beat Trump, then you’d better vote for Bernie Sanders!

(This should probably go in the OP)

I. M. Gei has issued a correction as of 21:15 on Mar 6, 2020

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

^^^ Sweet, thanks! :)

Another thing that would help is for you to stroke the voters’ ego a bit.

Most undecided voters are astoundingly stupid people, who want to think they’re actually smart and CRAVE validation of their (possibly non-existent) intelligence. Old people are especially stupid, and remember, right now, OLD PEOPLE LOVE BIDEN.

So, when talking to voters, make sure to push that ONLY STUPID PEOPLE VOTE FOR JOE BIDEN, WHILE ONLY SMART PEOPLE VOTE FOR BERNIE SANDERS!

:v: “Wow, can you BELIEVE some of these people would be STUPID enough to actually vote for a guy like JOE BIDEN? What kind of BRAINLESS GARBAGE IDIOT would vote for a guy that [INSERT BAD poo poo BIDEN THINKS AND DOES HERE]? God!...”

:v: “... but I can tell, YOU’RE SMART! You’re clearly SO MUCH SMARTER than THOSE ANIMALS that like Joe Biden! YOU’RE OBVIOUSLY TOO SMART to vote for that shitbrain Biden! YOU’LL vote for Bernie Sanders, because GOD YOU’RE SO SMART! I bet you’re actually a SUPERHERO! You’re SAVING THE WORLD by voting for Bernie Sanders! Did you know that YOU’RE A HERO for being SMART ENOUGH to vote for Bernie Sanders? YOU should get a MEDAL and AWARDS for being SUCH a Bernie-voting HERO!”

(Obviously you won’t say these exact words. You’ll tweak it to suit your own personal style, to make it sound more authentic and natural, and less fishy.)

Some voters you’ll need to dial this back to keep them from thinking you’re slimy. Some voters are too stupid to get the idea unless you lay it on thick. But this is the general gist of how your pitch might look.

It may help to practice this sort of pitch on friends a bit, so if you have time and some people willing to help you out, practice and workshop it with them! It can’t hurt and can only help (Bernie)! :)

(Put this in the OP too)

I. M. Gei has issued a correction as of 21:41 on Mar 6, 2020

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

hhhat posted:

Yeah the gloves are off Bernie's going on in about Joe and so should we

gently caress Joe btw

I dunno about this pitch though. You sure?

I mean, in real life you’re not gonna lay it on that thick or sound like you’re insulting people.

My point is it helps to stroke some voters’ egos a little when you’re talking to them. Some voters are wise to that kind of poo poo and get put off by it, but others absolutely eat it up. A lot of unemployed housewives and stay-at-home moms love this. People who are bored all day long and feel insecure or inadequate because they don’t have careers of their own (like me :smithicide:) need that kind of validation, and a little ego-stroking can go a long way.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Can we get a mod to sticky this thread?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Can we get some forums banner ads for this thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Speaking of the March 17th primaries, obviously we should spend most of our time working on the states that vote THIS Tuesday first, but it wouldn’t hurt to go ahead and spread some Bernie seeds in the states that primary right after that too. Those states have more than 500 delegates combined; 4 of them have over 100 delegates each, Florida being the biggest of them.