Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Hell yes, great thread.

Been sitting in texting queue all day, no texts for me yet. That's kind of awesome really, there are so many people doing texting today! I'll get my shot at some point.

Thank you to everyone who volunteers. This poo poo is so important and I deeply appreciate everyone who is contributing their valuable time to our dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Kazak posted:

I can also rely on at least one good prank response each time I phone bank. Tonight it was some guys pretending like I'd dialed a secure line at Area 51 and they were demanding to know my name and supervisor. At the end of the call they said they were going to have my position traced in 30 seconds so I responded "woah that's pretty cool, vote for Bernie on Tuesday!" *click*

lmao that rules

MeatwadIsGod posted:

We're probably gonna be perpetually understaffed on phonebanking and overstaffed on texting. I would highly recommend taking the training class and signing up for a shift - just an hour to start and go from there. I have call center experience so I'm numb to this somewhat, but I know basically everyone in our generation is anxious about phone calls since we've all been texting for 15 years. If you're phonebanking alone from home, there's nothing wrong with a bit of liquid courage to take the edge off. Phonebanking now is short conversations getting Bernie supporters committed to vote and swaying undecideds so your average call is gonna be a couple minutes or less. If you aren't in or near one of the states voting next Tuesday and canvassing isn't an option, phonebanking is the best use of your time. Getting callers who support Bernie or whose whole families are voting for him is a great shot in the arm to keep you going. The first few calls will be awkward but you'll find your rhythm quickly.

Yeah admittedly this is beyond me at the moment, maybe when I get more comfortable with texting though. I know this is really valuable to do.

hhhat posted:

Yeah, there's nothing more amazing than being like, ready, and they're like 'omg we already called everyone in that list?' cause the volume of work that Bernie volunteers perpetually surprises the organizers. Hell yeah to you for doing texting!!!

I finally got in and did a small set of texts and IT FEELS AWESOME. I only ended up getting two replies, and when I saw the first one come in it was a total "oh gently caress oh god I'm going to gently caress this up and cost Bernie Washington by EXACTLY THIS ONE PERSON'S VOTE" but... honestly, it went fine. The person was a doofus and was just baiting me, but at least when I thought they were sincere, it was great practice. After a few messages it was super obvious they weren't acting in good faith, and so I moved on.

The other person just said "No, please remove me" and that was easy.

Even just doing that (and sending out a bunch of initial contact texts that didn't get responses) feels loving great. This feels so much more involved than clicking two buttons and donating cash. There's a crazy amount of support info for Bernie's positions, so it's not like you have to memorize everything, and a lot of human support in the Slack channel.

Stopping for tonight, I'm heading out for the weekend but will pick back up Sunday night probably.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Aesculus posted:

Literally anyone in the world can volunteer there is no loving excuse, I'm in Australia and I've sent thousands of texts and made a few calls too :rms:

oh my god we suspected Russia this whole time, when it was the Aussies who were interfering with our elections!!

(thank you cool aussie person, I used to have a good friend in Tasmania and holy gently caress was it expensive to call her)

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
the bernie dialler is like one of those oldschool phone phreaking devices, except instead of giving you free long distance calls, it gives you free health care

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Some Guy TT posted:

just checking in to say that this spoke texting stuff is surprisingly fun its like posting except im not being an rear end in a top hat who types in all low caps

its kind of what i would expect d and d to be like if d and d didnt suck

Lmao this is a perfect description of how I feel about it

Can't wait to get back into it sunday

It was kind of hard at first to remain nice and not let my chapo brain loose but it isn't that bad

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime
That's why I volunteer for Bernie on my personal time

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Texted a bunch yesterday, the initial nerves are totally gone and now I'm having a blast. I will again today after work, looking forward to it.

It's interesting hearing how people respond. From what I can see, those who aren't on board with Our Bernard (and aren't Trump idiots, lol Florida) are not excited at all about voting for Biden. No one has enthusiastically said HELL YES JOE BIDEN 2020, it's just... ehhh, I guess Joe Biden? kind of responses.

I wonder how that'll change as more and more mainstream media are questioning his fitness. Meanwhile Bernie has a loving heart attack and comes back even stronger than he was before.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Motivational Subwoofer posted:

Hey, I finally managed to claim a text assignment! :toot: It's nice not to feel totally useless.

Nice! :respek:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Bernie dialer not working for me at the moment. Why?!?

Spoke (the texting app) broke yesterday too lol

these platforms cannot handle how hard we gently caress for Bernie

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Donated another $20 to Bernie, because gently caress Joe Biden and gently caress the DNC!

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Texting today and getting a lot of very strong positive support for our dude. Nice feeling.

Looking forward to the debate today, hoping he gets the knives out.