Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macnult

Yinlock posted:

vietnam flashbacks but it's just people having a good time in vietnam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

me and the boys flying the chopper back to base and it's joey's turn to dj. joey loves creedence and is blasting it at full volume. it's my turn to dj tomorrow and they're calling for rain. out of tradition, we're flying out in style: 'riders on the storm' by the doors.

Macnult

charlie don't surf? maybe.. if you don't know the spots. what do you think operation: gnarly charlie was all abut?

Manifisto

we saw hell every day but I swear, it was the banh mi, the banh mi that kept me going

ask me how she's doing

ty nesamdoom!

Dungeon Ecology

it is me
it is me
i am the fortunate son yall

Heather Papps

hello friend

i heard the sound of choppers and it brings me back to that cool helicopter tour i did last year

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

FutonForensic

literal hamburger hill

Chrs

river cruise with the homies

Macnult

FutonForensic posted:

literal hamburger hill

Finger Prince

Sitting in your cubicle at work bogged down with tedium and deadlines and stress, and you flash back to that time in your mid 20s you and your mates went to Vietnam, rented scooters and rode to the beach and there was a little bar there that sold cold beer and you hung out all day and then the sun went down and they turned it into a sort of beach club, Ed scored some questionable E's and possibly hooked up with a local girl, and you made out with that hot Danish tourist and you saw the sun come up over the Pacific, and then you come out of your reverie to the monotonous 60hz hum of the fluorescent lights and the tuneless warble of desk phone ringers.

Escape From Noise

Lost it all at the battle of pork chop hill.

My barbeque skills just weren't up to snuff

google THIS

Yeah, I did three tours in 'Nam. One time the bus broke down.

FutonForensic

Finger Prince posted:

Sitting in your cubicle at work bogged down with tedium and deadlines and stress, and you flash back to that time in your mid 20s you and your mates went to Vietnam, rented scooters and rode to the beach and there was a little bar there that sold cold beer and you hung out all day and then the sun went down and they turned it into a sort of beach club, Ed scored some questionable E's and possibly hooked up with a local girl, and you made out with that hot Danish tourist and you saw the sun come up over the Pacific, and then you come out of your reverie to the monotonous 60hz hum of the fluorescent lights and the tuneless warble of desk phone ringers.

Dungeon Ecology

my buddy came back home with a thousand-yard smile

Goons Are Gifts

I remember that one day. I wish I wouldn't but sometimes you just can't help it. We were alone, it was dirty. It was noisy. We didn't know how we ended up here or why it had to be this place at this time.
They told us about the fire but they didn't tell us that it would rain napalm for hours and hours. I wondered all the time if this, truly, would be the hill I had to die on. On that day I learned something about hell. That it's inside of us and the only devils we can make a deal with are ourselves and no dumb policy or bad decision can change that.

I swear to god, next time the waiter warns me to not use those public toilets after eating Vietnamese I will listen.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Good Afternoon Vietnam!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Smoking marijuana out of a bong that looks suspiciously like a shotgun

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Dungeon Ecology

BORN
TO
CHILL

Yinlock

i thought i had erased my presence perfectly, did everything the books taught me. but of course, charlie never plays by the book.

"you're it" he said, tagging me and running off. it was going to be a long day

Yinlock

FutonForensic posted:

literal hamburger hill

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

haha

Jaguars!

"It was all fun and games until the Tet offensive. I was still really green, just a country hick only arrived in 'nam the week before. See, there's this big holiday, the Vietnamese new year, where the whole place shuts down for a party. The plan was that we'd travel in considerable force up route 1 to Da Nang. Well, we started along and a couple of hours in I'm trying to talk to the driver, he knew a bit of English, and he had a little Polaroid of his family stuck near the controls.

Well, I decided to try a little Vietnamese on him. I tried to tell him that he had a beautiful family. I don't no what I actually said, but instantly his face clenches up in shock and knew I made a mistake I'd never forget. We skidded to a halt and he told me very politely, "Sir, I cannot transport you any more. Please leave this bus." I was stranded in hostile territory. But I had a meal at a cafe and managed to make it back by calling a taxi.

I wish I knew what I said to him to cause such offense. I'd like to see him again and apologise, but he's gone now, and he'd be really hard to find because it's a big country, and when you're saving so much for a holiday, you don't want to end up going to the same country two years in a row, know what i mean?"

oscarthewilde

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
staying in the hanoi hilton for two weeks and talking with your neighbors through the walls by having really loud and good sex

deep dish peat moss

#tbt #hoechiminh lol sarah knows what I'm talking about!

deep dish peat moss

deep dish peat moss posted:

#tbt #hoechiminh lol sarah knows what I'm talking about!

omg girl don't you even! what happens in 'Nam stays in 'Nam!

cda

by Hand Knit

FutonForensic posted:

literal hamburger hill

Jaguars!

FutonForensic posted:

literal hamburger hill

The battle of Long Tan

Yinlock

ambushed by deadly viet-cong guerrilla fighters and forcefully carried off to my surprise birthday party

alexandriao

FutonForensic posted:

hamburgular hill

ftfy

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
How to be a manager for a big time cooperation on vacation in vietnam?

Easy, just don't lead them as much.

Macnult

CHILL
FROM
ABOVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK8325

Fredrik1 posted:

How to be a manager for a big time cooperation on vacation in vietnam?

Easy, just don't lead them as much.