Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
Right now I'm using startpage, but I heard somewhere that it is corrupt or something, so I'm thinking on switching to duckduck go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
dogpile

all the search engines

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

i do not know much about privacy tbh so i use duck and it's nice to not see adverts based on what i was thinking about, but dont treat that as a legitimate opinion because once again i do not know anything about privacy, use whatever, nothing matters anyway, earth is already doomed, nobody is doing poo poo to save it, i'll continue on shitposting till im dead, which is probably going to be soon looking at rise of facism in central europe

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

bing it up your rear end, op

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

please put me down for "gently caress off moo cow" on this poll

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I switched to edge which comes with bing, but holy poo poo are the search results much better on google. I figured there'd be no difference but so many times I couldn't find some documentation I was looking for on bing and it'd be the first result in google.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

the area 61 neighbourhood on geocities because of all that Jeff epstine crap

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

stick to the webring my friends. stick to the ring

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
alta vista rip

pram
Jun 10, 2001

akadajet posted:

I switched to edge

haha 5

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Skim Milk posted:

bing it up your rear end, op

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
lycos cause dog

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

barkbell posted:

alta vista rip

asta la vista :negative:

also there was some skeezy dumb crack/trainer website that was also a frequent place I used during the broke middle school (post primary? whatever the term referring to like the awkward youth years)

it was something like gamecrackz or something i dunno. something of its time :rip:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Bored Online posted:

lycos cause dog

lycos deez nuts

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bulgakov posted:

asta la vista :negative:

also there was some skeezy dumb crack/trainer website that was also a frequent place I used during the broke middle school (post primary? whatever the term referring to like the awkward youth years)

it was something like gamecrackz or something i dunno. something of its time :rip:

are you talking about astalavista.box.sk? or gamecopyworld?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
hotbot because i'm a smug insufferable Wired reader.

actually i checked and hotbot is a vpn now.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Bulgakov posted:

lycos deez nuts

:kingsley:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Hed posted:

gamecopyworld

for me it was this

cheque_some
Dec 6, 2006
The Wizard of Menlo Park
in middle school i liked alltheweb because google was too mainstream

now i bop around between startpage and google, with some duckduckgo thrown in

or bing if i'm using Edge for some reason. it's amazing how even after all this years some really specific pages won't come up with really specific search terms anywhere on the first pag eof bing results, while it's #1 on bind. idk what they are doing

when bing first came out i stopped using it when i couldn't find a download page on microsoft's own site until i switched to google :sad:

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
"Search the Forums"

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

https://www.ecosia.org

it's a non-profit that plants trees. oh, and it has a direct link to the full size image in the image search results, it annoyed me to no end when google removed that from theirs and i was still using it.

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

card catalog

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

relative_q posted:

card catalog

it Just Works.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

dogpile

all the search engines

i had a highschool teacher who always said this was the best search engine

larper
Apr 9, 2019
DDG sucks loving rear end, but I haven't yet figured out how to anonymize google search so I use it for everything but documentation. Its maps are OK too. I wish there was better yelp integration for business searches

taafis
Dec 1, 2008

keep it nappy or braided up dirty in the cockpit, blazin' up
gently caress search, i find everything i need on fosi.ural.net

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
I really like duckduckgo because the results are almost always completely useless

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Maximum Leader posted:

I really like duckduckgo because the results are almost always completely useless

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dewey decimal system

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.

Maximum Leader posted:

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

ddg has worked fine for me for a bit over a year now, I’ll need to pop open goog in an incognito window maybe once a week but the rest of the time the results are functionally equivalent

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Maximum Leader posted:

same, but bing

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
just use grep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
posting a new thread to ask