Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

hunnert car pileup posted:

SI is obv pretty :barf: right now, but here's a longform on Randy Lanier for anyone interested:

https://www.si.com/longform/true-crime/randy-lanier-indycar-drug-smuggler/index.html

That article is from 3 years ago before they got bought out FWIW (not that they were great before that)

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://jalopnik.com/indycar-should-have-chosen-the-deltawing-1842783780

:barf:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Listening to the Dinner With Racers from 3 years ago with IMS President Doug Boles and he proclaims the Hulman-George family will never sell the track because it means so much to them.

oof

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I just started watching this. During practice he asked Wickens what wheel he was using and he said he had one with hand brake/throttle built into the wheel but it wasnt working right (the brake was an on/off switch) so he was using whatever he had at Barber which was seperate from the wheel and he said "this is not an ideal track to be steering with one hand"
yikes

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

i've never played iracing but you can at the very least def. watch replays after the race in like a dozen different camera views including behind car.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Lando gonna race at COTA this weekend in a not-at-all staged twitter invitiation

https://racer.com/2020/04/22/mclarens-norris-to-race-in-indycar-iracing-at-cota/

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I'd be shocked if it wasn't a Schmidt Petterson engineer.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I really liked the other iraces (even if COTA is the most boring ever) but I have zero desire to watch a fake indy. Cowards should have done Spa or Monza.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Indy 1000 with 66 car grid*

* every McLaren still bumped

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

your friend wicka posted:

Views: god dammit Mario shut the gently caress up

settle down wicka

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

y'all already forgotten that Mazda exists, smdh

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

iospace posted:

Four characters: 787b

that was 30 years ago my dudette, you know what I mean

*edit*

https://jalopnik.com/sebastian-vettel-should-continue-his-racing-career-in-i-1843466559

:lol:

Basticle fucked around with this message at 14:45 on May 15, 2020

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Neither will ever happen but it would be funny just to see your meltdown.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Since there's literally no sports right now, NBC is showing Texas on NBC Proper in primetime. The ratings should be interesting.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Isnt Sochi a street circuit

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Vasukhani posted:

there's a discord?

link is in the OP

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Didn't PT comment on her feet or shoes last year too?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

holy poo poo lol

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

what am I looking at here

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lol remember when he got the pole at Indy and everyone here liked Marco for a week

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

race owned but also suprisingly there wasnt a single commercial break in the last like, idk 20 loving laps of the race, ?????????

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

WindyMan posted:

They have a lot of commercials to get through but they always make an effort to get through them all so the last major chunk of the race is without interruption.

It defintely dosent seem like that.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://amp.indystar.com/amp/6045922002

:jerkbag:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Roger also claims because he has no idea who's even going to race next year its not safe to have people drive at IMS for the first time (???)

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I think we found Marco's new ride.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I would assume literally no one on earth expected them to.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

That ESPN poo poo (losing your ride because a loving corporation was embarrased by you being naked near their logo) was possibly the dumbest poo poo to happen in motorsports in the last decade.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

gret posted:

I don't think anything can be worse than the milk gimp.

but that was great

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Conor managed to keep the Air Force money and is sticking with ECR for the road coarses. :unsmith:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Frond posted:

You can make a joke about his legs, but I'd rather you not.

:chloe:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Apparently Aldo Andretti died 2 days ago :smith:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Not gonna lie that seems like a relatively good deal vs NBC Gold?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Cessna posted:

I think Grosjean has had enough BBQ lately.

:vince:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

gently caress

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Cowards wouldn't even put an author's name on that lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Not for over a month?