Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
In USFL news, the Tampa Bay Bandits are now the Memphis Showboats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Little surprised that Perez didn't stay in the USFL, but I guess we'll be seeing players continue to bounce around between leagues

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

A QB called Pass has to be great, that's nominative determinism for you

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

A QB called Pass has to be great, that's nominative determinism for you

you'd think so but Jawan Pass has always been very good at everything about being a QB except actually being able to throw a football

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

New jerseys just dropped:
https://twitter.com/XFL2023/status/1600556951531831311

I expected Seattle to be more green given the logo but I dig the orange.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

oldskool posted:

New jerseys just dropped:
https://twitter.com/XFL2023/status/1600556951531831311

I expected Seattle to be more green given the logo but I dig the orange.

Why do those one-color uniforms look so much better than the godawful color rush NFL unis?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Magnetic North posted:

Why do those one-color uniforms look so much better than the godawful color rush NFL unis?

Excuse me, Seattle's color rush uniforms are the best uniforms in the NFL hands down.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

schedule is out

https://www.xfl.com/schedule

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Good to see the XFL is following in the USFL footsteps and doing the "We're scheduling our games around more important/higher priority events thereby making it so there is zero consistency when games will be."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a league should do teams based on traits rather than locations. like the vegas vipers could be the vegan vipers instead and all vegans would root for them. 100 vegan football fans would pack the stadium every week

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

lets go oilers

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1619038678638288896?t=You1twns9GLZFczbO0E2ZA&s=33

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Wasn't Foster run out of the NFL because he couldn't stop getting arrested?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

DariusLikewise posted:

Take your pick, he pretty much did everything possible to be run out of the league. The 49ers waived him, everyone thought he was going to clear waivers, and then Washington of course claimed him. They got like a month of bad press about it. So of course they kept him, and when he was finally off suspension, he tore his ACL and LCL during his first practice.

He never played for Washington, who didn't pick up his option.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

Yeah he had a series of DV charges which ultimately led to him being released by SF. Then Washington immediately claimed him because of course. Charges were ultimately dropped but he spent a lot of time on the exempt list, then got hurt real bad, and hasn't played in years.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
So this is still going to be a thing, right? I wasn't imagining it? There's still going to be football now? XFL2 was fun.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

dingo with a joint posted:

So this is still going to be a thing, right? I wasn't imagining it? There's still going to be football now? XFL2 was fun.

Yeah the last season of Ballers was real life and the Rock owns football now and it is gonna kick rear end

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I have tickets to the San Antonio Brahmas on Sunday so yeah it better be a real thing

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

so down to see some football at lumen field for :20bux: but boo on making the dragon look worse

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I'm conflicted between the Vegas Vipers and the St. Louis BattleHawks for my XFL team. Haven't decided that one yet.

As for the USFL... can't wait for another season of the Michigan Panthers being total garbage! hooray

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Maybe football teams named Panthers just aren't allowed to be and stay good

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

surf rock posted:

As for the USFL... can't wait for another season of the Michigan Panthers being total garbage! hooray

Jeff Fisher retired, but Mike Nolan took over!

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

surf rock posted:

I'm conflicted between the Vegas Vipers and the St. Louis BattleHawks for my XFL team. Haven't decided that one yet.

KA KAW

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
XFL 2.1 starts tomorrow.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
XFL is back baby

Again!

Again!!!!!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

XFL 2.1 starts tomorrow.

it’s on

they’re openly talking about the spread

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

it’s on

they’re openly talking about the spread

Yup.

Should we just do a GDT for the whole season?

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

oh drat they got geronimo allison in thise league

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Dwayne should've just said "do you smell what the XFL is cooking" instead of what he actually said

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
GDT thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4024511

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I watched the Vegas game yesterday. It was worse clownball on both sides of the ball than a 2022 Colts game, so it wasn't much of a struggle to turn it off when I needed to do something else. The gimmick of everyone being MIC'D UP during the game was interesting.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I watched parts of both games. It’s very far from being good football. But it is pretty fun. The Wade Phillips coached team absolutely dismantled their opponent. At the end his assistants were all hugging him and looked like they were thinking “oh holy poo poo did we luck into being on the one remotely good XFL team???”

As Kalli pointed out the arm strength difference compared to the nfl is super noticeable. It takes forever for the ball to get to the receiver which makes for a lot of very easy picks.

The different tiers of extra point conversions is interesting in theory. But nobody can even convert the 1 pointer from the 2 yard line or whatever consistently lol so it’s a bit moot.

The mini game of “hey I remember that guy! He loving sucked so bad in college/nfl” is fun too. Hi 2 u Paxton Lynch.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 19, 2023

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The XFL is dead to me ever since they stole my beloved NY (nj) Guardians away.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Oh my God Hines Ward is the brahma coach

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Docjowles posted:

The mini game of “hey I remember that guy! He loving sucked so bad in college/nfl” is fun too. Hi 2 u Paxton Lynch.

Excited to watch AJ McCarron "play" QB today

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
On the one hand, we're not in the offseason any more, and probably need a new thread. On the other hand, the XFL is rather by definition what one watches while real football is in its offseason.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

dingo with a joint posted:

On the one hand, we're not in the offseason any more, and probably need a new thread. On the other hand, the XFL is rather by definition what one watches while real football is in its offseason.

its still the USFL offseason!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Seattle / DC game was pretty good! Even if the wrong team won :argh:

A lot of disgusting turnovers is the summary of week 1. It’s the first week of a new league full of bad players so whatever. But at some point the league has to advance beyond “literally every play is 50% chance of a turnover”

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ben Dinucci time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Shinjobi posted:

Ben Dinucci time

*blaring circus music*