Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Despite the ratings dip everything I was told from people who work at the league is that they would almost certainly have done a 2nd season. And as of now even though the XFL is "Dead" its not out of the realm of possibility that they come back for a 2nd season.

I realize this is very much "my uncle who works at Nintendo told me..." territory but as of now there is no plans for a 2nd season but literally nothing is off the table either.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I think I sort of misspoke here. You’re right that everyone is laid off. No one is getting money anymore and the XFL is not planning anything for a 2nd season. So it’s dead.

My nothing is off the table comment was meant more towards the idea that if somehow things are totally fine by the fall which I am not operating on the assumption it is, more that we would need some breakthrough on a vaccine then yes a 2nd season is still possible. That’s all.

Cavauro posted:

it rules that some huge dumb asses who were clear-cut laid off got told "we're in wait and see mode" by cooked cowards and probably fully believe it. word is, there may be an opportunity down the line

It’s also not someone who’s some low hanging person either so don’t feel to bad. I texted Dean Blandino and asked him. That’s all.

Also the reason the XFL title game was going to be held in Houston is because Vince’s mom lives there and he wanted her to be able to come to the championship game. She’s like 100 years old or something.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Apr 13, 2020

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Let’s buy the XFL.

Dana White will buy it and they’ll play in international waters.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
The rock can call in way more favors for promotions than Vince could. Who’s ready for the next Hobbs and Shaw movie to end with a big car chase that ends at an XFL game and the fight moves onto the field.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Good to see the XFL is following in the USFL footsteps and doing the "We're scheduling our games around more important/higher priority events thereby making it so there is zero consistency when games will be."

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Let’s just say I heard a very credible rumor that we could be down to one spring football league very soon. And it might surprise you which league is the one that might fold/merge.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
It's really funny if you read the reddit page for the XFL. The fans for some unknown reason thought they were so much higher class and better than the USFL and this merger is just showing that its just a loving business. And if they're real with themselves one stronger Spring Football League is better than ZERO or two really weak ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Pablo Bluth posted:

Matt Corral benched after the first quarter....

edit: the second QB got a leg injury on a scramble, so he's back in.

I believe the idea with Birmingham is that it’s a qb rotation. They’ll play each for a drive or two and switch off. They ran it like this the past two years.