Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Apparently all XFL players are being permitted to immediately sign with NFL teams if they can find a taker, which is also surprisingly decent of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It sounds like someone felt they really needed to list 3 reasons to sound credible but could come up with at most like 1.5. “And uh, I totally saw him text his wife that one time! Yeah! Got you, fucker”

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Is this the thread for saying the death of the XFL was scripted

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Don’t forget “bought by The Rock lmao”, proving that life is in fact scripted.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I really have to wonder what drives someone like Wade Phillips to sign up to coach an XFL 3.0 team at the age of 74. He's widely regarded as one of the best defensive coaches of his era, has a Super Bowl ring, and surely has plenty of cash socked away. I respect it, but like what positive impact can this have on your life.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

That was where I got too heh. Kind of a figurehead coach who can delegate anything that sucks to his underlings and just do whatever parts he enjoys.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

hell yeah let's go the seattle sneks

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Waifu Radia posted:

so is there any reason to watch the xfl i guess

you're a sicko TFF poster and it is several more months of "football" in the offseason doldrums

or, you REALLY liked the story arc of HBO's Ballers

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

Isn't this version of the xfl being treated as a development league for the nfl? I seem to remember reading that somewhere

Closest article I can find is a hand wavy agreement with the NFL to share “insights and best practices” that either league comes up with. I think the AAF had designs on being a more explicit feeder/development league. But it turned out to be a huge Ponzi scheme that never actually had any money behind it so welp

Its main legacy was giving us the chance to watch Hackenberg play pro ball for which I will be forever grateful

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

Wasn't Foster run out of the NFL because he couldn't stop getting arrested?

Yeah he had a series of DV charges which ultimately led to him being released by SF. Then Washington immediately claimed him because of course. Charges were ultimately dropped but he spent a lot of time on the exempt list, then got hurt real bad, and hasn't played in years.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

dingo with a joint posted:

So this is still going to be a thing, right? I wasn't imagining it? There's still going to be football now? XFL2 was fun.

Yeah the last season of Ballers was real life and the Rock owns football now and it is gonna kick rear end

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I watched parts of both games. It’s very far from being good football. But it is pretty fun. The Wade Phillips coached team absolutely dismantled their opponent. At the end his assistants were all hugging him and looked like they were thinking “oh holy poo poo did we luck into being on the one remotely good XFL team???”

As Kalli pointed out the arm strength difference compared to the nfl is super noticeable. It takes forever for the ball to get to the receiver which makes for a lot of very easy picks.

The different tiers of extra point conversions is interesting in theory. But nobody can even convert the 1 pointer from the 2 yard line or whatever consistently lol so it’s a bit moot.

The mini game of “hey I remember that guy! He loving sucked so bad in college/nfl” is fun too. Hi 2 u Paxton Lynch.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 19, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Seattle / DC game was pretty good! Even if the wrong team won :argh:

A lot of disgusting turnovers is the summary of week 1. It’s the first week of a new league full of bad players so whatever. But at some point the league has to advance beyond “literally every play is 50% chance of a turnover”

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

As a fan of the Sea Dragons who has stood by them for their entire history, through good times and bad, I will not tolerate such slander.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Better not gently caress with my beloved Seadragons :argh:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

RIP Sea Dragons you were pretty cool

Like half the league in Texas lol. Probably makes sense demographically but maybe at least try to appeal to someone north of the mason dixon line. I guess there’s Michigan

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 1, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It didn’t say much. Seemed to be a memo to players about logistics. Pay (bad), how the dispersal draft for teams that are being dissolved will work and some dates. Arlington TX is the “league hub” whatever that means but teams will play home games somewhere in their home market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Oh hey this poo poo is on huh. *checks box score* the Panthers leading receiver has -1 yards lol