Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I just hope we get to see the NFL champion refs vs the XFL champion coronavirus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
RIP XFL. I honestly enjoyed it and I'll miss it next spring, although TBH my viewership may have dropped off some around the end of March when the weather gets good and I want to do other poo poo on weekends.

The real shame is that we're probably not going to see another alternative sports league of remotely close to this quality pop up for a long time. I really wish it had succeeded just because I feel like it would have been good for sports in general.

I really do hope the NFL adopts some of the rules changes the XFL made. Especially, and I know drat well it'll never happen, but forcing transparency on the officials was the best thing the XFL did. NFL refs and their giant egos are the worst thing about the league, and now we've seen the perfect solution to it.