Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Oh hey how have I not noticed this thread before?

Sifting through the diagram that looks like it's the connector for an Evap Leak Detection Pump:

If that thing is just a rubber plug and not some noise suppressor like I thought, at least. Wiring colors match up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

This is the FSM I used for that:
https://cdn.xjjeeps.com/pdf/en-us/2000-service-manual.pdf

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Krakkles posted:

You should!

I love it. My daughter was asleep by the time I saw this, but I can't wait to show her, she'll love this.

Seconded. Also, this might be one of the most AI images in a while - LS, DSM, and a stack of rackmount servers, all in one shot.

Krakkles posted:

This is definitely the biggest wiring repair I've tackled so far - I'm basically comfortable with it, but I definitely spent a bit too much time staring into the abyss of that picture last night.

In your shoes I would be very tempted to pull the harness out of the Jeep entirely to do the work, given how many splices you have to make. Might not be a time saver overall but could contribute greatly to your sanity.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah, I was helping a friend by inspecting the WJ they just got - that makes three out of three Jeeps I've had my hands on where that poo poo is crispy at best.