Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

BYOB, circa 2020

Yobbers!
We here at the BYOB flight control center decided that it is time for us to rise again to be with the stars. We will build a spaceship and visit other worlds!
The spaceship will be a wandering spaceship thread that we move across various subforums that invited us in, we can prepare a little theme or game or a topic to chat about or something for them and then - that's the important part - start POSTING. Additionally, we will invite everyone in the visited subforum to also check out our home in BYOB, offering them a super cool gang tag if they start a thread here, or post across existing ones. Of course, anyone can join in our journey and visit other forums with us and party.
Now, to make this dream a reality, we will need your famous creativity and talent, because we don't have such a gang tag yet. Any and all suggestions or ideas are welcome, we maybe could even do multiple ones (Alien Krew? BYOB Space Ambassador? The possibilities are endless) and everyone can choose what badge they want to carry. Everything goes here, we could even include a nice spaceship drawing to post in every new forum or include a gift basket full of alien goo or just tons and tons of pet pictures, I mean, who doesn't love those!

Some technical notes regarding gang tags in general: The limits are 180x50px, not larger than ~200kb. Of course, keep it SFW etc. you know the drill.

Once we settled about some art choices here, we'll post the spaceship, ask mods that would like us to visit their forum (we already got some invites :peanut:) and launch in T-post seconds.
Let's go!!

Is there a spaceship smiley? :cthulhu: probably but uhm :bandwagon: kinda works, too.
:krakken:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

GaG and I are v excited about this journey through the vastness of space.

Does anyone have that old banner ad with an mspainted spaceship and it says "your exciting future" "new posting worlds" on it

ty manifisto

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
maybe a gang tag that says BYOB in the Babylon 5 title font? I have no photoshop skills or I'd whip up a prototype

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Manifisto

okay, I'll spitball. for a gang tag, one idea is a star field with "space buds" written in the 2001 font (see poster below) and have a cute little spaceship (perhaps a flying saucer?) (🛸?) cross the tag from like left to right or something.

alternatively we could just rip off the poster wholesale and include the star baby, but I like the idea of having a spaceship if that's the thread concept.

e: apparently Gill Sans was the font used in the movie, but the number "2001" in that poster is some other font I guess

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 11, 2020

ty nesamdoom!

Yinlock

Yinlock

bonus while i was looking for cardboard spaceship pics:

lmao this kid's face

Macnult

shoot for the moon

even if you miss, you’ll post among the stars

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
My God, it’s full of stars!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Tin Tim

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

feel free to dl and add more stickers or sick slogans

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 11, 2020

Thank you Pot Smoke Phoenix!

Heather Papps

hello friend

grey boards: the final frontier. these are the voyages of the chillboard BYOB. its forever-year mission: to explore strange new worlds. to seek out new jokes and new chill areas. to kindly go where no orb has gone before!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

Heather Papps posted:

grey boards: the final frontier. these are the voyages of the chillboard BYOB. its forever-year mission: to explore strange new worlds. to seek out new jokes and new chill areas. to kindly go where no orb has gone before!

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

biosterous

(here's a png of the cat with helmet is anyone wants to use it: )

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

biosterous posted:

(here's a png of the cat with helmet is anyone wants to use it: )

Rollingcat with space helmet tumbling through the empty void of space would be pretty fun

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Yinlock

Macnult posted:

shoot for the moon

even if you miss, you’ll post among the stars

put this rad kid in the ship

Tin Tim

Space cat is now real and also along for the ride

Look at that lil scamp rubbing against the cockpit and peekin out into space

alnilam

Tin Tim posted:

Rolling cat did NOT come in through the south entrance

Escape From Noise

Putting Black Elvis/Lost In Space by Kool Keith on the sound system and just cranking it.

Manifisto

a stab at implementing the gang tag concept:

ty nesamdoom!

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Tin Tim posted:

I can't tell if that scribble on the hood is an R2 unit or a diagram of the Death Star. Either way, I would love to sit in it right now.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

biosterous

if we leave spots open on the spaceship we can collect a new sticker for each forum we visit, and at the end of the trick the ship will be covered in souvenirs

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Escape From Noise

*Keeps saying turn on the thrusters, then thrusting in place*

wearing a lampshade

Smoking weed in the airlock

Tin Tim

biosterous posted:

if we leave spots open on the spaceship we can collect a new sticker for each forum we visit, and at the end of the trick the ship will be covered in souvenirs
I actually love that idea a lot

albany academy posted:

Smoking weed in the airlock
Smoking weed in the central air duct

alnilam

Tin Tim posted:

Smoking weed in the central air duct

the scene in ALien where they're watching the blinking dot come towards the guy in the air ducts, but the guy is smoking and the blinking dot is someone else who wants to come chill and share the joint

ty manifisto

owlhawk911

alnilam posted:

the scene in ALien where they're watching the blinking dot come towards the guy in the air ducts, but the guy is smoking and the blinking dot is someone else who wants to come chill and share the joint

:rznv:

Jolo

That scene in 2001 a Space Odyssey where Dave is outside of the space station saying "Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL" but then HAL just says "Who?? Dave?! Dave's not here!"

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Jolo

When I thought of that joke I didn't remember that the character from 2001 was named Dave. It worked perfectly.

Tin Tim

Intently studiyng the construction plans of the ship and the camera placements while cross checking with the time tables for everyone's shift to find the one blind spot where I can bogart my last doob

wearing a lampshade

alnilam posted:

lol

he's staring at the blinking dot until its right on top of him - the new chiller taps him on the shoulder and he turns around and goes "woah! you snuck up on me!"

alexandriao

"open the pod bay doors HAL"
"but youll ruin my hotbox, all the weed smoke will be sucked out to space"

Goons Are Gifts

Manifisto posted:

a stab at implementing the gang tag concept:

Aww like it

alnilam

It's good tag

alnilam

Sorry i got so carried away with space jokes that i forgot about what really mattered

Goons Are Gifts

I mean if we can make a space joke become a gang tag we could get the cake and also eat it!!

alexandriao

Goons Are Great posted:

I mean if we can make a space joke become a gang tag we could get the cake and also eat it!!

just lol if you don't eat cake before you get it

also lol at linear time

Escape From Noise

In space, no one can steal your weed.

Goons Are Gifts

lol good one I laugh at jokes that weren't even made yet

alexandriao posted:

also lol at linear time
See?

manero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al3zQWAAQ3E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZlqqO_AyYA

owlhawk911

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

In space, no one can steal your weed.

i have one weird trick to keep my weed from ever being stolen: share it first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

biosterous posted:

This is a super nice idea by the way and I figured we should decide on one of these great spaceships soon and then see which gang tag concept takes the win

If anyone has an idea but not the Photoshop magic, feel free to just describe it or paint it or something, I'm sure we can work this out