Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Square-Enix's Dragon Quest mobile gacha is now live globally!

It's a pretty standard equipment based gacha (similar to Final Fantasy Record Keeper) except you only have 3 units to equip with a weapon/shield/hat/chest/legs/accessories x2.

Battle is based on what skills you have equipped, they can come from your gear or your Vocations.

All of your units can specialize into different Vocations depending on what paths they follow. I'll put all that in a later post.

I've found it to be pretty generous with currency (gems) though you can absolutely whale out too. :20bux: There seem to be plenty of opportunities to collect gems as an f2p.

Anyway, post if you're playing. There's a few of us around in discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Reserved for more info -

Here's a couple of links with some important info:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DQotS/comments/ffnzit/solo_legendary_and_hero_story_events_vocation/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DQotS/comments/fd7xsi/psa_evolve_your_upgraders_for_extra_exp/

Some info about classes:

CaptainPsyko posted:

This came up in a conversation, but I figured it was worth committing to the thread for posterity;

Other than Arma/Sage, you can basically drop all of those one tier for not using appropriate gear/skills; those two fall off harder. A bit more explication because I've got time:

Superstar: Is clearly the S tier healer and multiplayer group option in the game right now. Ideally you have a Gingham Whip, or a Metal Boomerang, or one of a handful of Bows to make this class work, since the optimal load out is as many healing spells as you can fit on your green slots, Soothing Song/Blessed Balm on a blue cross slot if you can find it, and lol nothing else matters for the rest. Hustle Dance and On Stage are an absolutely overpowered combo of abilities, though at the very high end, Hustle just can't keep up with incoming damage and well geared sages/self healing becomes the more common meta. Still, Superstar good. Get one as soon as you pull an appropriate weapon.

Sage The other S tier class with the right gear, it should be noted that "the right gear" is Rubiss Staff, a Sages Staff, or a Metal Slime Staff to get to that tier. If you've gotten two of those weapons and been able to melt one of the latter two (esp. a Sages) to use the spells from both on one weapon, we're talking S+++ tier right now probably. Just absolutely out of this world burst damage and healing potential. If you have one of the other Gacha staffs (Esp. the Celestial Scepter, with it's Kasizz), or want to farm a Staff of Clarity from the current Zoma event up to it's 10x max evolution, you can put together something pretty competent.

In general, to do well with Sage, you want a weapon with at least two Orange and two Green slots, with at least one of each being B or above. (Main skill can count as one of these, so long as it's not a green slot being 'wasted' on something like Dazzle).

Armamentalist Has a similar problem to Sage, but much less severe - basically for this class to work, you want one of the big chase swords like Rubiss/Erdrick/Sword of Kings/Lightning Sword, and, in the case of some of these (Looking at you Erdrick), you also want a good spell attack from another separate weapon pull (Zapple is real good here). But Arma doesn't fall off as hard as Sage does without the right weapon support. So long as you've got any orange slot, and are willing to tailor your spell choice to the weakness of the fight you're heading into, Armamentalist will be pretty decent. Whereas Sage without a lot of luck or effort falls off hard.

Pirate is probably the best pure physical class in the game right now. The stat chassis is reasonably close to Battlemaster for damage, trading a little bit in for survivability (which is good). The passive +1 duration onto all buffs owns against any boss that doesn't just strip them non stop (looking at you Leonidas and Zoma...), and High Seas Shanty's breath damage mitigation is never going out of style. Blast is... fine. The cool down is way too long to use it as anything but a finisher, but it sure does look cool and bring big hurt. And the weapon versatility is top notch.

Paladin is the class I struggled the most to slot on to this list. The survivability is great, and I think Battle Buddy is among the most underrated skills in the game. (Use it on a Superstar while they're dancing to prevent interruption! Use it in lieu of Defend to Defend for two party members with one button push! Cover the Battlemaster when they get Angry like a moron!). And with the right weapons, they can easily mind themselves with self cast Midheals, etc. as needed, which is something most other physical classes struggle with unless you lucked out and pulled both Meditation, and have a weapon set up to slot Meditation into. But Solar Flair sucks, the weapon list is trash tier, and their damage output just isn't great. They're a good fit in your party if you have the right weapon, but they don't do well as a main multiplayer choice right now, and in general, you have better options. (Special mention though, Paladin has one of the best bonuses to hand out to your other classes for getting to level 80)

Monster Master is kind of the inverse of Paladin's situation. The stat chassis is... quite good! And the weapon options own (Swords! Axes! Hammers! Bows!). Breath attack can hit like a loving train. Or... y'know, it could be a whole lot of hot air and a waste of a very long CT. Crunch... sucks. The Monster Whistle stuff can hopefully come into it's own as they add more whistles, but for now, the only whistle in the game is just aoe damage and a low chance trip proc, so it isn't really enough to justify the class. It's a perfectly adequate choice if you need someone to hold a bow and do damage. Otherwise, probably look to Pirate or Arma.

Battlemaster sucks. I sure do love getting into a multiplayer group with three Battlemasters, one using a dagger, and another carrying a bow! It's great watching them hit Anger right at the start of a boss fight and then get owned by the big spell cast when they can't defend! It's exciting to watch them press Charge Crash and do garbage damage and not actually lower the boss's cast time, instead of hitting the actual skill on their weapon that does damage. Or better yet, hitting their metal skill increasing the cool down of the good buttons, while, again, doing no damage! I love battle masters! :downs:

(They'll come into their own later, as new armor skills make defend less essential, and pairing with a Paladin can mitigate how bad Anger is, and they do have the highest raw ATK stat in the game... but, for almost anything you want to do, you can do it better with Not a Battlemaster.)

Ghostnuke fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Apr 6, 2020

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My dumbass is playing this game, because I apparently have a gacha addiction for IPs I know/like. :shepicide:

Here's a reroll guide for Android.

And a direct link to my comment on how to use someone else's reroll for your game.

And my ID: AAB VJE 3459

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I am playing this game. It is pretty fun. I am already full of regret and pain after throwing my beer money for a night at the Sadness Machine.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

I immediately blew all my Google survey $$ after I installed :cry:

Tombstone Monarch
Dec 21, 2006

Here comes the pay!
I've been playing since launch, and having a great time with it. I'm almost to the point I can begin pursuing the advanced vocations. Definitely making a paladin and a superstar, not 100% sure about how my third character will end up.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Oh cool, this saves me from doing a big effortpost in the iOS games thread. Short version: It’s not good, but I’m having fun with it for now.

OP could probably use some warnings about some of the gross monetization though.
- Locking 3x speed autobattle with skills behind a monthly subscription that autorenews after a “free one month trial” is rather nasty.
- The one month Luck buff is super sketchy too. Once that wears off you have to max out an insane number of jobs to get back to a comparable level of Luck. It remains to be seen how badly drop rates will tank once the newbie month buff disappears.

The gacha seems fine so far mostly because all the gear in it is pretty trash. If you’ve got 3x metal weapons (or two plus Falcon Blade or Erdrick’s Sword) you probably shouldn’t spend any more gems. According to the Discord the power creep in this game is pretty fast and they’ve got five years of content to blow through from the JP version.

On the bright side the Dragon Quest visuals are charming and fun in the way you’d expect. The multiplayer isn’t anything groundbreaking but has been a lot of fun so far. There are some neat twists like the map sparklies. The Battle God set available through tickets in the daily dungeon is top notch and will easily carry you through until we see some better banners to spend gems on.

Oh and for the reroll inclined it’s one of the easiest games to reroll I’ve seen in years. A start with 2x Metal Slime weapons should be doable within a couple hours. I’d guess a start with three of Metal Slime weapons/Falcon Blade/Erdrick’s Sword should be doable with a day of rerolling. Sadly the melee Metal Slime banner got replaced with the caster version and casters seem to be weak at least for now.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

What all does luck affect exactly?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ghostnuke posted:

in multiplayer, every 100 luck is +1 guaranteed chest at the end of the dungeon.

It's a lot of extra loot.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Ghostnuke posted:

:iiam:

But people on the Discord were saying it mainly affects the number of chests you get at the end of a multiplayer run, and the newbie luck buff is sufficient to get three. What impact if any it has on quality of drops is unknown I think? Could be no big deal, could be catastrophic when the newbie buff falls off. Hard to say, but skepticism is my default position when it comes to gacha games.

A couple posts were suggesting that rather than burning +luck buff foods we really want to be hoarding them right now as they get more difficult to acquire once the DQ2 event goes away. Eventually the DQ1+DQ2 events become permanent, but that might take years.

Reddit tipped me off to the 5stam multiplayer Slime Dungeon being a great place to farm materials for the new crafted items. It’s low level so you just start the dungeon and walk away till it’s over. Seems to be working out after a couple runs.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Oh yeah, I could see that sucking if you only got like 1 chest at the end. On the other hand, even when you get the 5* drops they aren't great anyway.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ghostnuke posted:

Oh yeah, I could see that sucking if you only got like 1 chest at the end. On the other hand, even when you get the 5* drops they aren't great anyway.

The five star drops are actually prettyh good! The problem is you need about 30 of them to get them evolved up to the point where that’s true.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Really? I've got a ton of the Cannock and Middenhall (?) ones and they seem pretty lackluster

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ghostnuke posted:

Really? I've got a ton of the Cannock and Middenhall (?) ones and they seem pretty lackluster

Gotta evolve and combine them up to max.

The armor sets provide you with the exact resistance you need to mitigate the damage in the event.

And the weapons have fairly good slots and reasonable attack numbers at max. (The Tantagel sword had a particularly good lineup of skill slots, but that one is gone now).

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Right now most of the gear, including gacha stuff, is rather bad. It gets better according to JP players, but for now it’s a pile of DEF and usually a resist of some sort. Part of why the metal weapons are sought after is that at least they’ll have value for metal slime farming once their stats quickly become obsolete.

Eventually resists start to matter a lot more too, so the event gear might end up being useful for that. I don’t know that I’d want to sink too many resources into levelling them now though. I’m just evolving whatever pieces happen to drop from the multiplayer fights and not worrying about it too much.

Battle God + a random gacha weapon is sufficient to clear anything currently in game.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

BGrifter posted:

Right now most of the gear, including gacha stuff, is rather bad. It gets better according to JP players, but for now it’s a pile of DEF and usually a resist of some sort. Part of why the metal weapons are sought after is that at least they’ll have value for metal slime farming once their stats quickly become obsolete.

Eventually resists start to matter a lot more too, so the event gear might end up being useful for that. I don’t know that I’d want to sink too many resources into levelling them now though. I’m just evolving whatever pieces happen to drop from the multiplayer fights and not worrying about it too much.

Battle God + a random gacha weapon is sufficient to clear anything currently in game.

Yeah, to be clear, other than maybe the weapons (if you don't have a good sword or dagger and want to use an armamentalist for example, Tantagel or Cannock are solid enough; Middenhall sword also isn't bad if you need a second sword with battlegod), you should probably not level any of this stuff, but evolving it up to have a perfect piece is just gold which is plentiful.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
The cost to evolve a few pieces is low as long as you don’t level them so it’s absolutely worth doing. Eventually resists will matter a lot more than they do now, and those pieces might serve as a stopgap measure to help farm better event gear.

From what I’ve managed to pick up on the Discord a lot of players in the JP version lean on the accessory slots to cover resists. That’s why a lot of players are crafting the Blue Slime and Golem Earrings. They have a chance to result in a high quality craft (Metal Slime Earrings and uhhhh maybe Gold Golem Earrings?) with a useful resist and a secondary stat.

Not an essential thing by any measure, but it might save some headaches down the road. Farming materials is just a matter of setting the multiplayer thing to queue for the lowest level slime/golem dungeon, hitting the auto-join button, and at the end hitting next for the loot. If you can do that sort of low-attention requiring farming and queue up Slime Earrings till they turn Metal, it might prove useful later.

If occasionally tapping your phone every few minutes isn’t something you want to do then don’t stress over it though.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Oh ok, that makes a lot of sense actually. I wondered what the point of running the legendary events after the first time was, you just get a bunch of the same 5* stuff.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Playing this and running around as a lvl 61 battle master. The Dimension of Ghouls challenge fight is bullshit because Hargon and Malroth triple hit on their standard melee and they have high crit rate so have fun trying to get a deathless run. Ultra slime and the last 2 golem stage bosses are jerks too.

At least my 2nd set of slime earrings were a great success and gave me metal slime earrings. :toot:

Ghostnuke posted:

Reserved for more info -

Here's a couple of links with some important info:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DQotS/comments/fd7xsi/psa_evolve_your_upgraders_for_extra_exp/

I never noticed this. :negative:

e:

CaptainPsyko posted:

Yeah, to be clear, other than maybe the weapons (if you don't have a good sword or dagger and want to use an armamentalist for example, Tantagel or Cannock are solid enough; Middenhall sword also isn't bad if you need a second sword with battlegod), you should probably not level any of this stuff, but evolving it up to have a perfect piece is just gold which is plentiful.

The Cannock 'sword' is a dagger. :ssh:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Playing this and running around as a lvl 61 battle master. The Dimension of Ghouls challenge fight is bullshit because Hargon and Malroth triple hit on their standard melee and they have high crit rate so have fun trying to get a deathless run. Ultra slime and the last 2 golem stage bosses are jerks too.

Ultra Slime and Golem aren't so bad if you're merciless about kicking the level 24 warriors that keep queueing up.

As for the dimension of ghouls challenge fight; having a Superstar and one other healer (another superstar, or a sage or a paladin with a willingness to actually cast heals), and a food bonus makes it pretty managable tbqh. Yggdrasil Dew is clutch for deathless runs.

quote:

The Cannock 'sword' is a dagger. :ssh:

Yeah it is. I said so. :P

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Also, FYI, there's like a half a dozen or so of us with a room on the goon SWGOH And Things discord server; pm me for an invite so we can do Malroth runs and such.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Yeah it is. I said so. :P

Please don't pick on me and my inability to read words. :v:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Just got another two goons their perfect malroth clear swords. Bring a superstar, bring dew, and know the pattern of the fight and it's really not so bad. the triple attacks really aren't a huge deal. It's mainly about making sure that you

1) use the ice cream cone food combo; people talk up the stun resist on the slime gummies but it's a trap, the defense down will own you.
2) bring Wakerobin's to wake people up from sleep. you will eat a sleep.
3) otherwise, just kill Hargon as fast as possible; if you eat two kabooms, you probably lose.

4) for Malroth, the big thing is that you want to make sure that you aren't transitioning his health bar across colors (triggering the stun/defense down/lightning combo of death) at the same time as he's about to finish casting a breath attack; getting hit by both of those near simultaneously will wipe you, so just slow down with the damage hotshot.
5) related to this, the DEFEND BUTAN IS YOUR FRIEND. Make sure you level up the defend skill (or it's equivalent) on your shield to keep the charge time low, and be ready to use it as he's about to cast a breath, or anytime you're getting low.

6) in case of emergency, yggdrasil dew will save your rear end after either of those aoe's, and prevent him from following it up with an attack to murderize some poor weakling.

Finally, after that second big stun, burn him the gently caress down as fast as possible. Grats you win.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Is there any good way to farm skill orbs other than the key dungeons? Weapon/armor upgrades drop from stuff like the DQ2 event dungeons but spheres are rare as hell.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

CaptainPsyko posted:

Also, FYI, there's like a half a dozen or so of us with a room on the goon SWGOH And Things discord server; pm me for an invite so we can do Malroth runs and such.

This, just post if you need an invite. We need more people to harass with stamp spam.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Anyone get anything good with their free 10-pull? I got two 5* on mine, but the banner seems pretty meh overall. The Storm Spear, Orichalcum Claws seem pretty decent, and the Solar Rod and Headsman's Axe too, to a lesser degree. Of course I got none of those...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I got 2 as well. A, uh... Shield, and Scholar's Cap. It was free, so I won't complain. I already have Metal Slime Axe, Boomerang, and Bow, so...

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I got a storm spear. Already had a hero spear and metal slime spear, so.... not sure if usable.

Also, FYI the max level Baramos battle is very very easy, and, more importantly, the max level upgrade tunnel battles (the 40 stam per run ones) are basically the best xp/stamina in the game short of level 60+ all trades temple with at least 2 of your 3 chars getting the beefy 5x xp multiplier for being a favored class for that particular boss. And, y'know, the drops are upgrade orbs that are rare and precious af right now.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Got a Megaton Hammer that has less ATK than the metal weapons I already have when maxed and a random shield that seems fine I guess.

The gacha items available right now feel so bad. Rerolled for two metal weapons at the start and got a third from the free daily pull. I haven’t seen a single thing on any of the banners since launch I’d actually be excited to pull.

Sitting on 33k gems and I dunno if I’ll ever actually spend any of them unless they put something cool on a banner real soon. Already starting to get bored with the game.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

The banners other than the Metal ones have good stuff on them, (Erdrick's sword, the stuff I listed earlier) but the banners have way too many possibilities to get excited about them. It's like a 1 in 20 shot that you'll get anything good if you do manage a 5*.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
There’s stuff that would be ok I guess like the Erdrick’s Sword from the DQ2 banner, but I can’t say any of it is particularly exciting. Then like you say there’s tons of crap cluttering up the banners.

I dunno. None of the marginal upgrades so far have seemed worth spending gems on knowing it’ll get outpaced so quickly. I’m curious to see what the DQotS version of a “can’t miss” banner looks like or even just a single crazy OP chase item.

Even the whales on my friend list don’t feel particularly nuts. Mostly they’re better levelled than other players, have 30-40 more DEF, 10-15 more ATK, and a bonus weapon skill from another gacha weapon.

Edit: Ok that was an understatement. Got one guy on my friends list who’s closer to around 60atk above my main at level 182 Battlemaster vs my 73 Pirate. That’s considerable, but I’m unsure how much of that is the 100+ level difference and I don’t know what his sub job bonuses look like.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 17, 2020

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Guess my question was answered due to the new even with the farmable orb drops.

Ghostnuke posted:

Anyone get anything good with their free 10-pull? I got two 5* on mine, but the banner seems pretty meh overall. The Storm Spear, Orichalcum Claws seem pretty decent, and the Solar Rod and Headsman's Axe too, to a lesser degree. Of course I got none of those...

I pulled the new 5* staff (which is a club, because ok sure) and the 5* holy warrior/knight top.

Then I blew 3k gems on the metal slime banner and got the metal slime claw + the suzaku bow. I shouldn't have pulled on the metal banner though because I already have the metal slime bow, axe, and club.

BGrifter posted:

There’s stuff that would be ok I guess like the Erdrick’s Sword from the DQ2 banner, but I can’t say any of it is particularly exciting. Then like you say there’s tons of crap cluttering up the banners.

I dunno. None of the marginal upgrades so far have seemed worth spending gems on knowing it’ll get outpaced so quickly. I’m curious to see what the DQotS version of a “can’t miss” banner looks like or even just a single crazy OP chase item.

Even the whales on my friend list don’t feel particularly nuts. Mostly they’re better levelled than other players, have 30-40 more DEF, 10-15 more ATK, and a bonus weapon skill from another gacha weapon.

Edit: Ok that was an understatement. Got one guy on my friends list who’s closer to around 60atk above my main at level 182 Battlemaster vs my 73 Pirate. That’s considerable, but I’m unsure how much of that is the 100+ level difference and I don’t know what his sub job bonuses look like.

There's a whale on my friend list with an Erdrick's Sword +50 and a full set of the armor+shield at +35-40. Needless to say, they rip poo poo apart and take basically no melee damage unless they get hit by a crit because they have around 550 defense.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Evil Fluffy posted:

There's a whale on my friend list with an Erdrick's Sword +50 and a full set of the armor+shield at +35-40. Needless to say, they rip poo poo apart and take basically no melee damage unless they get hit by a crit because they have around 550 defense.

Yeah, that sounds right to me.

I suppose I should clarify that when I say stuff on banners feels really unimpressive I’m referring to a single copy of that item. Maxing out a 5* weapon would take either superhuman levels of luck, or a lot of spending. I could dump the 33k I’ve amassed so far into any banner and it’s unlikely I’d see enough copies of the weapon to max it.

Very much missing Opera Omnia’s “one copy of the EX and you’re done” system coupled with the pity system after 15 rolls.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Yeah it seems like the long term means to max an item is going to be "turn in junk 3-4 star gear for points and but those 30k crystals" which is... not ideal.

On the upside, a full set of +4 Battle God gear taken to +50 will turn one of your (melee) characters in to a pretty powerful unit. Or a set taken to +2 (with a +4 sword) and then a +0 set of armor for the other two characters, though at that point farming event 5* gear for the other two is probably the better option.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

That's true, something will have to change assuming they want anyone to use anything other than the mostly free Battle God set. Trying to pull 8-10 copies of one specific 5* is some galaxy brain level stupid.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yeah it seems like the long term means to max an item is going to be "turn in junk 3-4 star gear for points and but those 30k crystals" which is... not ideal.

On the upside, a full set of +4 Battle God gear taken to +50 will turn one of your (melee) characters in to a pretty powerful unit. Or a set taken to +2 (with a +4 sword) and then a +0 set of armor for the other two characters, though at that point farming event 5* gear for the other two is probably the better option.

Speaking for myself, I max evolved the chest/pants, sharded one of the swords for the skill (haven't combined the others but probably will.), and made a +2 hat and kept the others separate because the hat has the most op skill of all right now.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Hey goons. My college buddies and I are looking for a new mobile game to play together after we recently quit Dragalia Lost.

I love DQ so I installed this yesterday and I like it so far. A lot of it is nostalgia.

How is the multi-player aspect? Are there high level raids and stuff that we could do way later down the road?

Also could I please get an invite to the discord? Even if my friends decide not to play this I'm going to stick with it for the foreseeable future.

I was reading upthread that metal slime stuff isn't that great but as a new player I'm throwing all my gems at that banner and this morning I got a MS dagger, MS whip, and Hero Spear in the same pull so that seems awesome for me.

What should I be focusing on early game? I haven't really messed with upgrading stuff yet because I don't want to waste materials on lovely gear. I'm just doing whatever quest seems fun and leveling up.

My current nerds are level 11 and in the story I'm about to fight the giant octopus in the ocean.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Get to chapter 2 to unlock the daily quest so you can run that for tickets to get the battle god armor for your characters since that’ll last them for awhile and has some really good passives.

Think of what advanced classes you want to use and level their base jobs. Like war/martial artist is battle master.

There’s coop for story levels you’ve cleared, and for most events like the dq3 one going atm.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Evil Fluffy posted:

Get to chapter 2 to unlock the daily quest so you can run that for tickets to get the battle god armor for your characters since that’ll last them for awhile and has some really good passives.

Think of what advanced classes you want to use and level their base jobs. Like war/martial artist is battle master.

There’s coop for story levels you’ve cleared, and for most events like the dq3 one going atm.

Thanks. I just got vocations, made everyone something different, then used my 3 metal dungeon keys and got a ton of levels thanks to my MS gear and helpers with MS gear. I'm going to continue the story for a while and see what else I can unlock.

Is the DQ3 banner good? Now that I have a couple MS weapons I feel like pulling on that banner has diminishing returns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

I must be looking in the wrong place, because the only Daily Quests I've found are for generic stuff (Skill Orbs et al) and Vocations.