Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Square-Enix's Dragon Quest mobile gacha is now live globally!

It's a pretty standard equipment based gacha (similar to Final Fantasy Record Keeper) except you only have 3 units to equip with a weapon/shield/hat/chest/legs/accessories x2.

Battle is based on what skills you have equipped, they can come from your gear or your Vocations.

All of your units can specialize into different Vocations depending on what paths they follow. I'll put all that in a later post.

I've found it to be pretty generous with currency (gems) though you can absolutely whale out too. :20bux: There seem to be plenty of opportunities to collect gems as an f2p.

Anyway, post if you're playing. There's a few of us around in discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Reserved for more info -

Here's a couple of links with some important info:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DQotS/comments/ffnzit/solo_legendary_and_hero_story_events_vocation/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DQotS/comments/fd7xsi/psa_evolve_your_upgraders_for_extra_exp/

Some info about classes:

CaptainPsyko posted:

This came up in a conversation, but I figured it was worth committing to the thread for posterity;

Other than Arma/Sage, you can basically drop all of those one tier for not using appropriate gear/skills; those two fall off harder. A bit more explication because I've got time:

Superstar: Is clearly the S tier healer and multiplayer group option in the game right now. Ideally you have a Gingham Whip, or a Metal Boomerang, or one of a handful of Bows to make this class work, since the optimal load out is as many healing spells as you can fit on your green slots, Soothing Song/Blessed Balm on a blue cross slot if you can find it, and lol nothing else matters for the rest. Hustle Dance and On Stage are an absolutely overpowered combo of abilities, though at the very high end, Hustle just can't keep up with incoming damage and well geared sages/self healing becomes the more common meta. Still, Superstar good. Get one as soon as you pull an appropriate weapon.

Sage The other S tier class with the right gear, it should be noted that "the right gear" is Rubiss Staff, a Sages Staff, or a Metal Slime Staff to get to that tier. If you've gotten two of those weapons and been able to melt one of the latter two (esp. a Sages) to use the spells from both on one weapon, we're talking S+++ tier right now probably. Just absolutely out of this world burst damage and healing potential. If you have one of the other Gacha staffs (Esp. the Celestial Scepter, with it's Kasizz), or want to farm a Staff of Clarity from the current Zoma event up to it's 10x max evolution, you can put together something pretty competent.

In general, to do well with Sage, you want a weapon with at least two Orange and two Green slots, with at least one of each being B or above. (Main skill can count as one of these, so long as it's not a green slot being 'wasted' on something like Dazzle).

Armamentalist Has a similar problem to Sage, but much less severe - basically for this class to work, you want one of the big chase swords like Rubiss/Erdrick/Sword of Kings/Lightning Sword, and, in the case of some of these (Looking at you Erdrick), you also want a good spell attack from another separate weapon pull (Zapple is real good here). But Arma doesn't fall off as hard as Sage does without the right weapon support. So long as you've got any orange slot, and are willing to tailor your spell choice to the weakness of the fight you're heading into, Armamentalist will be pretty decent. Whereas Sage without a lot of luck or effort falls off hard.

Pirate is probably the best pure physical class in the game right now. The stat chassis is reasonably close to Battlemaster for damage, trading a little bit in for survivability (which is good). The passive +1 duration onto all buffs owns against any boss that doesn't just strip them non stop (looking at you Leonidas and Zoma...), and High Seas Shanty's breath damage mitigation is never going out of style. Blast is... fine. The cool down is way too long to use it as anything but a finisher, but it sure does look cool and bring big hurt. And the weapon versatility is top notch.

Paladin is the class I struggled the most to slot on to this list. The survivability is great, and I think Battle Buddy is among the most underrated skills in the game. (Use it on a Superstar while they're dancing to prevent interruption! Use it in lieu of Defend to Defend for two party members with one button push! Cover the Battlemaster when they get Angry like a moron!). And with the right weapons, they can easily mind themselves with self cast Midheals, etc. as needed, which is something most other physical classes struggle with unless you lucked out and pulled both Meditation, and have a weapon set up to slot Meditation into. But Solar Flair sucks, the weapon list is trash tier, and their damage output just isn't great. They're a good fit in your party if you have the right weapon, but they don't do well as a main multiplayer choice right now, and in general, you have better options. (Special mention though, Paladin has one of the best bonuses to hand out to your other classes for getting to level 80)

Monster Master is kind of the inverse of Paladin's situation. The stat chassis is... quite good! And the weapon options own (Swords! Axes! Hammers! Bows!). Breath attack can hit like a loving train. Or... y'know, it could be a whole lot of hot air and a waste of a very long CT. Crunch... sucks. The Monster Whistle stuff can hopefully come into it's own as they add more whistles, but for now, the only whistle in the game is just aoe damage and a low chance trip proc, so it isn't really enough to justify the class. It's a perfectly adequate choice if you need someone to hold a bow and do damage. Otherwise, probably look to Pirate or Arma.

Battlemaster sucks. I sure do love getting into a multiplayer group with three Battlemasters, one using a dagger, and another carrying a bow! It's great watching them hit Anger right at the start of a boss fight and then get owned by the big spell cast when they can't defend! It's exciting to watch them press Charge Crash and do garbage damage and not actually lower the boss's cast time, instead of hitting the actual skill on their weapon that does damage. Or better yet, hitting their metal skill increasing the cool down of the good buttons, while, again, doing no damage! I love battle masters! :downs:

(They'll come into their own later, as new armor skills make defend less essential, and pairing with a Paladin can mitigate how bad Anger is, and they do have the highest raw ATK stat in the game... but, for almost anything you want to do, you can do it better with Not a Battlemaster.)

Ghostnuke fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Apr 6, 2020

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

I immediately blew all my Google survey $$ after I installed :cry:

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

What all does luck affect exactly?

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Oh yeah, I could see that sucking if you only got like 1 chest at the end. On the other hand, even when you get the 5* drops they aren't great anyway.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Really? I've got a ton of the Cannock and Middenhall (?) ones and they seem pretty lackluster

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Oh ok, that makes a lot of sense actually. I wondered what the point of running the legendary events after the first time was, you just get a bunch of the same 5* stuff.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

CaptainPsyko posted:

Also, FYI, there's like a half a dozen or so of us with a room on the goon SWGOH And Things discord server; pm me for an invite so we can do Malroth runs and such.

This, just post if you need an invite. We need more people to harass with stamp spam.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Anyone get anything good with their free 10-pull? I got two 5* on mine, but the banner seems pretty meh overall. The Storm Spear, Orichalcum Claws seem pretty decent, and the Solar Rod and Headsman's Axe too, to a lesser degree. Of course I got none of those...

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

The banners other than the Metal ones have good stuff on them, (Erdrick's sword, the stuff I listed earlier) but the banners have way too many possibilities to get excited about them. It's like a 1 in 20 shot that you'll get anything good if you do manage a 5*.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

That's true, something will have to change assuming they want anyone to use anything other than the mostly free Battle God set. Trying to pull 8-10 copies of one specific 5* is some galaxy brain level stupid.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

3 seems like A LOT. Most of the good stuff was on the first half off that banner

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

I mean this is just advice in general, but pulling for anything specific in this game seems like a ticket to disappointmenttown. There's a handful of weapons on the banner out of FIFTY FOUR loving 5* possibilities.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

omg I know 850K? holy poo poo

e: basically just pick rock and right every time

Ghostnuke fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Mar 25, 2020

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

I was present for it's birth :vd:

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Most of the Rubiss stuff on this new banner is amazeballs, but there are 99 5* possibilities...

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Added to OP.

Get in on that Rubiss banner before it goes away tomorrow, this poo poo is pretty OP. I blew a ton of gems, but I managed 2x staff and 1 sword, it's very :getin:

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

CaptainPsyko posted:

On the one hand, the new banner is trash garbage

Hooo boy, you aren't kidding. Kinda nice to have a break though.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

I'm stupid, but I'm posting this here in case anyone else is too:

I just realized the different Alltrades categories also give bonus XP to the base classes. IE sage also gives bonus to mage and priest. It's useful.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

How do y'all feel about Rubiss sword vs Zenithian sword? Using Rubiss on my pirate right now and Rubiss staff on two sages. I'd be losing a moreheal and about 40% main skill damage by switching to Zenithian, but it debuffs zap resist. I'm wondering if it's probably worth it to switch.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Yeah, been meaning to post something about all that. Is there a list anywhere of what is good to alchemize or are we just on our own here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Good time to start playing if anyone was on the fence. Rubiss banner is back and free 3k gems right now, plus a ton more in the treasure maps.