Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I got the idea for this thread from both the "review your rental" thread as well as a derail I started in the "stupid question thread" where Painter of Crap said he had 35 cars in 40 years.

What cars have you owned in your life? Good or Bad, how were they? Which was your favorite?

My first car was a 1986 Chevy Celebrity that I bought in 1997. It was nicknamed the Granny mobile, or just "Granny". It was the same blue that all blue 80's Chevys eventually turned into. I loved the poo poo out of that car. It was a great beater car and the perfect car for a first car. I learned how to change the oil on that car, as well as doing minor maintenance. Unfortunately I ended up getting T-boned at a very dangerous intersection (no one was hurt in my crash, but a local news anchor was killed at that intersection a year or so later so they ended up putting a light there).

So I moved onto my next car, this would have been around 1999. I initially looked at an '86 Buick Century, which was practically identical to the Celebrity, but it smelled weird, so I got a 1989 Buick LeSabre. It was a massive piece of poo poo and I hated it. There was a bad sensor or something, so the throttle was either at idle or full open until the car warmed up properly. Oddly enough when I test drove it, it didn't happen, but I'm sure the guy didn't get it nice and warmed up prior to the test drive.
This was also a learning experience however. I learned to really check cars before buying them, as well as being choosy as to what mechanic to use, because it had a ton of issues that I kept needing to go back for.
I ended up letting my sister use it while I was at college. Apparently she thought that the lights on the dash looked pretty because the transmission completely seized, and that was the end of the Granny II.

From there, (~2002?) I bought a black 1997 F150 from my work. It was my first manual transmission and as anyone with a pickup knows, they are just handy as poo poo and pretty great.

I gave that to my dad in 2003, when I bought my first new car. I did a ton of research and pricing out and ended up landing on a 2003 Subaru Legacy in Mystic Blue Pearl

I loved the all wheel drive, and I picked up a manual transmission (which every car since has been as well). It was just an absolutely fantastic car, but unfortunately it was not a boat.

In 2006, 2 days before moving into my new house, our apartment got flooded by what I thought was a hurricane but turns out was just a bunch of rain:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Mid-Atlantic_United_States_flood
Insurance totaled the car. I started driving the F150 again, as my dad was only using it to do landscaping at his house, it was sitting in the driveway otherwise. Insurance paid out 14K on the Legacy, and I only owed 7 K so I banked the rest and waited a year.

I was looking at a WRX, but the insurance for it would have been off the charts, so I bought a 2008 Subaru Legacy GT in Diamond Grey Metallic

This car was an absolute dream. It was my first turbo car and I'll credit it with making me far more interested in cars than I ever was. I drove this until 2015, when after putting 110,000 miles on it, the turbo, oxygen sensor, and brakes needed to be done. That, on top of a random "Here's 1K to buy a car" from Subaru, led me to trade it in.

I debated going the WRX/STI route but ended up going with a 2015 Subaru BRZ in World Rally Blue. The car is completely impractical as someone who has 2 kids, but fun as all hell to drive. This was a concession from my wife, because we ended up getting a Honda Odyssey in 2012, and I told her no matter what car I want, (so long as we could afford it) she can't tell me no. I drive 95% of the time in my car alone so it doesn't really matter anyway, unless the kids are coming with me somewhere. Then whoever draws the short straw for the back seat gets to be uncomfortable.

I also joined a car club of a bunch of 86's/BRZ's in the area.
I'm still driving the BRZ, I just hit 70,000 miles last week.

I also was a temporary split owner with my dad and my brother on a 1931 Ford Model A hot rod, which basically means that my dad bought it and let me and my brother drive it. I also did some minor work on it too.

This thing was absolutely terrifying to drive, especially on the Philadelphia area roads. Any pot hole would leave you with a 50% chance of ending up in the other lane.
My brother wrecked it while driving it in the city after about 6 months, honestly it's a slight miracle that no one was hurt.

I'm also a half owner of a 1999 Ford Ranger with my dad as well, even though it's at my house for 90% of the time.

I bought this to learn how to do a lot more serious type work on cars, because I currently want to get some sort of late 60's muscle car. I've already replaced the rear suspension, done some interior work, installed a hitch, and my next project is going to be to swap out the drum brakes with disc brakes from if I remember correctly a 90's era mustang, assuming I go the junkyard route.
In about 5 years when my son turns 17, I'll have him buy my dad's half from him and he'll end up getting this as a daily driver, and assuming it survives one kid learning to drive stick on it, my daughter will get it a couple of years later.

Edit: Found a picture of my Celebrity.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Mar 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
2000-2000
First car was an 1989 Buick Century, originally that beige champagne color but now a mossy green on account of the actual moss that had been growing on it for a while since it had been parked underneath a tree for who knows how long. We called it the green monster, drove it for about 4 months till the head cracked because, wouldn't you know it, the headgasket was blown the whole time! It was a deathtrap and besides being able to call it 'The Green Monster' it was a giant POS.

2004-2007

Next was a 1991 Toyota Tercel DX 2-door. 5 speed manual, no AC (but Michigan so whatever). The perfect car, it never ever complained. It would run without oil in the pan, it would start when it was -20 F in the dead of winter, it would always reliably get me anywhere. I had to shove cardboard in front of the radiator in order to get a slight wiff of heat in the winter. Sold it with 216,000 miles on it, the picture is me taking my plate off with the new owner watching.

2007-2011

First car I actually bought myself, my 1974 AMC Hornet wagon. 27,000 miles, lots of underbody corrosion because Wisconsin, my wife and I loved this car. 285 straight six (daddy to the famous Jeep 4.0) and a 3 speed automatic. I dailied this thing for four years, drove it all over Wisconsin, Illinois, and Michigan many times, moved to Florida in it (!), then used it to do on-site computer work for a bit before selling it. Never ever gave any sort of problem, god I loved it.

2008-2008

I didn't want to subject my Hornet to snow, so I bought this, a 1985 AMC Eagle wagon. My second car was another AMC wagon. Just like the Hornet above (and directly related of course) it was my glorious chariot during the 2008 Wisconsin winter. It was rusty but still a tank. The cable to switch to four wheel drive was rusted, so I simply went underneath and wrenched the differential over to 4x4 directly and left it in there. Absolute unit. Sold it in the summer as I got a different job that supplied me with a work van.

2011-2012

See a pattern? A first-generation 1982 Toyota Tercel, 4 speed this time with aftermarket AC, bought in Florida as we now lived there. I loved this car too, drove it all along the west coast of Florida doing my onsite computer technician job. AC condenser ended up cracking, that was the end of the AC. Carb was hosed, bought a new one. Started over heating, found out it was the second car I bought with a blown headgasket, carried me through an entire year before the head cracked. Had the engine replaced with a junkyard motor that ran well, sold it for as much as I bought it for. I still have a soft spot for this car. I quit my job because a little side thing I was doing ended up taking off dramatically and I wanted to treat myself.

2012-2013

1994 BMW E34 wagon 525i, a fantastic and handsome wagon. I was no longer commuting so this was just a car I had because you need a car. Fantastic condition, 57,000 miles when I got it. The first time I understood why people liked BMWs so much. Used this to move again, though this time just across town to our newly-bought house.

2013-2016

That side thing took off way beyond what we thought, which allowed us a lot of opportunities. We bought our house, but I also really treated myself this time. Bought this 2013 Golf R brand new. Paid cash for it because times were good and I didn't care. 6 speed manual, had 22 miles on it when it became mine. I played music way too loud, I drove way too fast, I looked for reasons to drive. Drove it from Florida to Michigan twice, took it to Quakcon with some friends in 2014. Ended up selling it to Carvana for $10,000 less than what I paid for, 35,000 miles and 3 years later. 277 car payment for 3 years, not bad. Because I had a 3 year 33,000 bumper to bumper warranty on it with free yearly maintenance for those years it was a joy to have. All I did was put super sport tires on it and installed the euro LED tailights.

2016-2018

Let's get real weird. 1991 Honda Acty Street G kei van. Went from that Golf R to this and had zero regrets. Browsing craigslist one night, saw a kei van (was really an Indian-built Daihatsu) but it was already sold by the time I got to it. Researched, ended up falling down that rabbit hole, bought this from Japanese Classics for way too much money. Used this as my daily for two years. Absolutely great for around town and the city, even took a trip to the keys and camped in it. Not so great for highway travel. This van forced me to start taking car maintenance seriously because suddenly I couldn't run to the dealership or local shop and have work done. Did my first brake jobs, oil changes, trim replacement, carb diagnostic and solenoid replacement, tire install, lots of first on this lil' guy. As my wife and I decided to become a JDM import dealership we started to shed our cars as inventory in order to built up ~capital~ to keep doing it. Was sad to sell this Honda, but wasn't heartbroken, it was time to move on. Sold it for a little bit more than we bought it for.

2017-2017

1994 Lexus SC300 with a 5 speed manual transmission. Convinced myself that we needed a vehicle for highway use. Great car but we had it for a year and didn't use it much. Sold it for more than we bought it for.

2017-2018

While we do have a bunch of cars because we are a dealership now, I'm only going to count the ones that I actually considered as 'mine'.
1985 Daihatsu Rugger. First truck, first diesel (turbo at that), first JDM 'real' car we bought at auction in Japan (previously it was only kei vans as I had this idea that we'd be dealing in those specifically). 5 speed manual body on frame leaf-sprung compact SUV with a 2.8 liter turbo diesel with a name every old man says as 'Rooger' (its RUG-er). Great AC too. I had no idea what I was doing when we got this but goddamn did I fall hard in love with this truck, and manual transmission JDM diesels. Replaced the entire suspension on this bad boy, springs, bushings absorbers and all. If the Acty got me used to getting my hands dirty this truck got me used to being tired after working on it. Those leaf springs aren't light. Made some internet friends in Australia, the U.K. and Indonesia because of this truck. First time I also had to get serious about sourcing parts internationally. First time I realized that white letters out is the best move. I didn't want to sell this but I put a laughably high price on it on craigslist (we were trying to be a dealership, remember) and someone from Georgia came and paid full price. Was our first major profit from reselling an import. Regretted selling this one for a while, till I replaced it later.

2018-2018

1985 Toyota Hilux Surf. Look at it. 5 speed turbo diesel peak-80s-Toyota truck with those graphics and those mirrors. Didn't actually like driving it all that much. By this point we had had a few Land Cruisers and my Rugger and this just felt too car-like. The seating position and ride height made it feel claustrophobic. Just didn't connect with it, which is really odd because it should tick all the right boxes.

2018-2019

This thing though, THIS both my wife and I fell in love with. 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado. We think it was used off-road a lot, or at least something that didn't require registration (no shaken roundel), had a righteous-rear end hook attached to the frame on the back, generally just beat up. Heater core was bypassed. 200,000 hard kms on it, but it did have a turbo diesel engine, 5 speed transmission and rear diff lock. The belts were dry and cracked enough that the alternator couldn't keep up to charge the battery as it was slipping so much. Ended up doing the belts, tensioners and water pump, pushing me deeper into confidence to take on various mechanical jobs. This truck was a 'oh what is a Prado like lets get one and see' sort of buy, somehow though it wormed its way to becoming our main car. Nothing really special about it visually, but the whole package just felt right and correct, like your favorite jeans or shoes or something, or your favorite chair. Something about the package worked great, and started our love of Prados.

2018-2018

1993 Autozam AZ-1. I really tried to live with this as my actual car (especially because we had so many to fill in the 'real car' gaps) but this thing was too much of a compromise. True, it IS the coolest thing in the entire world, it makes you the most popular person at Cars and Coffee, and you get the double hit of 'woah what is that?' then you park and open the doors and they go 'HOLY poo poo WHAT IS THAT?!'. People talk about cars handling like they are on rails but they probably haven't driven something like this. Mid engine, turbocharged, 5 speed manual and exotically light. You turn the wheel, you dart where it points. It even had a decent amount of space on the rear shelf behind the seats so we could do grocery shopping in it (once I took out the spare tire). But driving in it with my wife just made the whole ordeal too much. Even then sometimes I just want to go to the store, but attention follows you. For getting attention from the public nothing tops this thing, save for maybe a DeLorean.

2018-2019

1994 Daihatsu Rugger. I like them, ok? This one was a cherry example I bought from the original owner in Japan. Every maintenance record, all the manuals, all the original keys. Original bitchin' stereo. Had 20,000 km on it when we bought it, I added 2500km. Same story as usual, 5 speed manual, body on frame turbo diesel compact SUV. It was just about perfect and I truly did plan on keeping this. Like last time, I listed it with an absurd price on it. A retired navy guy (stationed in Indonesia during is tour) came from northern Florida and paid full price :negative: This one stung less than the 85 I had before because it was less visually my style. I'm more into the 80s SUV style rather than the 90s, you know?

2018-2020

This beautiful blue bastard is the most perfect vehicle we've had yet. 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, 5 speed manual, turbo diesel, big-boy four door this time. EX5 trim, means the top level. Springy suspension seats, sunroof, fantastic OEM stereo, comfortable, quiet, handsome as gently caress. We put a lot of miles on this one. It's everything that people like about old Toyotas, dead reliable, excellent lookers and respected deeply by a lot of people. I say it was the most perfect, because if you know anything about Prados you know that the real killer combo is everything this one has, but the KZ engine rather than the L that this blue one has. I ended up finding a fantastic condition replacement for this truck, so we listed this one for sale with, again, an absurdly high price. A dude from California came and paid full price.

2018-Present

1991 Suzuki Carry kei truck. 660cc, 5 speed manual, 4WD street legal perfect pickup. This thing pulls more weight than all other vehicles we've had combined. Plus, this lil guy has factory air conditioning! Really, this is exactly as much pickup truck as we need. Low and completely flat bed, removable side panels, and a top speed of about 60 mph. Perfect for Lowes runs as pictured. Everything about it is inexpensive, but not cheap. This is a commercial vehicle not unlike the millions of F150s made, just smaller. Maintence is the easiest thing in the world, tires are 30 bucks a piece, and you can take it anywhere and park it wherever you'd like.

2019-Present

1984 Daihatsu Rugger soft top convertible. I absolutely love this truck. It has everything I love about Ruggers in how they drive, sound and look, but in quite rare drop top version! Same stuff as before, turbo diesel 5 speed combo, soft top and AC. Bought off a dealer lot in Japan, I was in love the moment I saw it. Because I've had Ruggers before I knew exactly what I was getting and this thing doesn't disappoint. Like the 85 I had I went and replaced the entire suspension. Replaced the wheels and tires too. Recharged the AC (still holding its charge hell yeah) and have been driving it during the winter here in Florida. It isn't perfect, it has some cosmetic blemishes and some rust patches on the body I should take care of, along with an interior that needs the seats reupholstered. Doesn't matter though because I truly do not want to sell this, and if people ask I throw out way too high numbers. I am the second owner as I have all the original everything from the dealership, including all its maintenance history and owner's manuals. Eventually I would like to repaint it a bright white and put some sweet 80s decals on it. Time will tell, but this is far and away my most favorite vehicle I've ever owned.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Dailies:
99-2001: 94 Saturn SW1, white, 5-speed
2003-2007: 99 VW Jetta, green, 5-speed
2007-present: 2007 Honda Fit, silver, 5-speed

Trucks:
2009-2011: 98 Ranger, green, 5-speed
2011-2015: 04 GMC 2500HD, white, 4-speed auto
2015-present: 2015 GMC 2500HD, white, 6-speed auto

Projects:
'01-'09: 84 VW rabbit GTI
'05-'08: various rabbits, think I had 4 at once at one point
'06?-'14: 93 Civic EX coupe
'18-present: 98 VW Jetta TDI

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

1991 Honda Civic Si - one of the cars I learned to drive in, was gifted from my parents. A great car that I genuinely miss sometimes, but I was young, blew up two engines (the original D16A6, which I replaced with a ZC, which lasted about 10-20k before oil starvation killed it). A bunch of poo poo was breaking, and this went to forum's poster sza (of firebird of doom fame), who autocrossed it for awhile, then sold it to another autocrosser, as far as I know. I still wonder what happened to this.
2006 Scion xB - bought new in early 2007. A good car, for sure! I got tired of making the payments, though - I was in my early 20s and paying way too much for this.
1991 Mazda Miata/MX-5 - I also miss this one sometimes. It was a lot of fun, when it wasn't breaking horribly. djcommie is basically the only reason this thing lasted as long as it did (~40-50k while I owned it, I think?), and when it started having what sounded like a very expensive problem (loud metallic clunk on clutch release), I started shopping for something newer and faster, found it with his help, and gave this to him when we went to pick it up.
2000 Mustang GT - Something newer and faster. Bought it in 2012 with 118k, blew up the 4.6 about a year later at about 130k, put in a 5.4 and have been loving it ever since. Some small mods - lightweight flywheel, Bilstein shocks, a couple of brake upgrades, in-dash carplay, added LATCH to the rear seat. Have zero real desire to sell this, because I genuinely like it, but I need a family car, and of the two I currently own, this one is less "keep it forever, stupid".
2000 Jeep Cherokee (4dr) - Bought as a second car in 2013 when the Mustang blew up. Wasn't supposed to be a project. Is a project. Extensive list of things done to it, love it with my whole heart, never ever giving it up.

Not all that long of a history. Probably due to the fact that I hate making car payments - the Scion was the only car I bought new / didn't pay cash for, and given my age at the time, paying $700/month (between payment and increased insurance) was not something I enjoyed.

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 16, 2020

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

So are we including cars we bought with the intention of flipping? Work cars we drove as daily drivers?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Car #1

My first car was a 1990 Mazda 323 Sedan with flaking red paint and a automatic gearbox that also had a button that made it rev higher than usual. Not sure what that was about but 16 year old me thrashed the poo poo out of it.

I had that for about 3 years. It was great and I put a lot of miles on it visiting friends and going on lovely road trips.

It died of old age and cooked itself to death on a late night trip home from the movies,

Car #2

I had another Mazda for 4 weeks before it blew a head gasket. My dad brought it for me and didn’t check it properly because he trusted the kindly old geezer selling it. Turns out he just got scammed. It was lovely and I can’t even remember what car it was

Car #3
I purchased an ex-rental Nissan Sunny B15. In this navy blue colour.

Normal appliance car. Did a lot more road trips across New Zealand a lot of commuting. Had my first car crash in it and as I only had third party insurance I had to pay out of pocket for a new headlight and get the front fixed up.
It eventually developed a timing issue that was going to cost more to fix than it was worth so it went to the trash head in the sky.

Car #4

2005 Suzuki Swift in Black.

I loved this car. It held all my poo poo for my at the time hobby of LARPing (never do it, it sucks)
And it was like a tank. I was not doing well financially at the time and I ended up not servicing it for about 3 years, I paid through the nose to get it cleaned up internally and it was still running well by the time I wanted to upgrade.

Safety wise. Not the best. Fun for the dollar? Worth it,

Car #5
2018 Honda Civic NT Turbo Sedan.

Great car for someone like me who, at the time, mostly just commutes but wants some comfort and something that can go relatively quickly when you want it to. It has a CVT gearbox but the Flappy Paddles turn it into something with preset gear ratios (if I understand the documentation right and I probably don’t) All I know is that putting it in ‘sport’ mode and using the paddle was fun and pretty quick when it wanted to be.

I’m doing pretty well in my work life at the moment and it was finally time to become a weirdo petrolhead, so I traded it in a month ago for my current car

Car #6

2019 Honda Civic Type R

It’s obnoxious looking
The crystal black pearl is hard to keep clean
I’ve already chipped the right rear wheel due to a pothole
If I’m not careful leaving my driveway I scrape the underside of the carbon front splitter
It uses about 3-4 extra litres of fuel per 100km driven compared to the sedan
It’s the first manual car I’ve owned and there’s been more than a few stupid stalls (I paid for a driving instructor to come around a few weeks before I made the upgrade to make sure I could still drive manual after 10 years of not owning one and only learning in my dads)

But it’s the most fun I’ve had owning a car and I don’t regret making the upgrade. I might if some speeding tickets start coming in and it is very easy to speed in. It can go over the residential speed limit and into getting a ticket and a fine territory in first gear.

I do feel a dick taking a lot of photos of it but it makes me happy https://imgur.com/a/z5YGH9o

It’s second hand and the previous owner only put 9500km on it in that year he owned it so it’s still basically brand new, and still has 3 years of free servicing and roadside assistance. Theres a few cheeky extras thrown in that I wouldnt do myself if I got it new, the full paint protection they try and up sell you on, a plastic interior protector for the trunk and the illuminated Type R door sills (which loving rule but aren’t worth the $800 upgrade)

It’s nice that there’s only about 200 in the country too so when I see another Type R on the road it’s like seeing a buddy. I’ve accepted that this will probably be my last gas powered car. (Electrics are cool from the ones I drove but they weren’t there for me yet)

Solus fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Mar 15, 2020

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

OK. The list.

None are/were flips and does not include company cars (have had 12 of those since 1996)

1. 1971 Toyota Corona Mk.II 4-dr sedan (2/78)
2. 1966 Ford Econoline window van (5/82)
3. 1974 Mustang II (9/82) (light blue, bent frame)
4. 1974 Plymouth Fury III 2-door hardtop (9/82)
5. 1967 Cadillac Deville convertible (5/84)
6. 1974 Toyota Celica GT (9/84)
7. 1976 Toyota Corolla GT (8/85)
8. 1965 Plymouth Fury III convertible (9/85)
9. 1974 Ford Mustang (the ORD) (4/88)
10. 1982 Toyota Celica Supra (9/88)
11. 1973 Buick Electra 4-dr H/T (7/89)
12. 1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass S convertible roller, stuffed a Buick 455 into it (8/90)
13. 1974 Lincoln Mark IV (Durf's waspmobile) (9/90)
14. 1978 Dodge Challenger (Dave's little Mitsubishi thing) (2/91)
15. 1972 Buick Electra 4-dr H/T (paid $1) (7/91)
16. 1978 Honda Civic (6/92)
17. 1976 Chrysler Newport 4-dr H/T (12/92)
18. 1986 Ford Escort L 2-dr H/B (2/93)
19. 1967 Pontiac Catalina 4-dr. post sedan (9/93)
20. 1982 Buick LeSabre 2-dr H/T (3/94)
21. 1981 Dodge Ram 250 conversion (5/95)
22. 1986 Pontiac Firebird V6 5sp T-top (7/95)
23. 1969 Buick Electra convertible (rust bucket)(3/96)
24. 1966 Pontiac Bonneville convertible (5/96) (totalled 9/22/00)
25. 1966 Pontiac Bonneville convertible (11/2/00)
26. 1970 VW Type 1 sedan (My son's first car when he turned 17) (3/09)
27. 1968 VW Type 1 sedan (combined with the above to make one solide Type1) (5/09)
28. 1974 Dodge Dart Custom 4dr (8/12)
29. 1993 Mercedes e320 sedan (11/12)
30. 1999 Honda Accord EX 5sp coupe (9/16)
31. 1979 Dodge Ram pickup (5/17)
32. 1993 Buick Roadmaster station wagon (3/18)
33. 2007 Nissan Versa (3/19)
34. 2004 Honda CR-V (8/19)
35. 2000 Honda Accord V6 2-dr (8/19)

Whoops missed the 2000 Dodge Intrepid with the smaller explodey V6. Ran great right up until the engine selected the 'milkshake' option.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 17, 2020

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Here's a list of what I can remember off the top of my head not including some parts cars.

Early years: 16-18(Arkansas)
1. 1991 VW fox. rearended a pickup, bought it for $100.
2. 1984 Nissan sentra, never got this one running, $75. threw a rod with ether.
3. 1990 Lincoln town car.
4. 1989 Isuzu trooper II. 2.8 piece of oil burning poo poo with 300k-mi
5. 1983 Nissan sentra. traded the trooper for it. rustbucket. drove it from memphis to Los Angeles in 34 hours. bhg killed it.

18-21(California)
6. 1974 vw autostick. Never got it on the road.
7. 1988 Toyota Supra N/A auto with sometimes reverse. 300k-mi another piece of poo poo.
8. 1986 Honda Prelude SI 5 speed. no a/c, p/s, iacv would stick. EFI/A-series was solid.
9. 1987 Toyota supra turbo/automatic. Kid reversed the battery cables. Flip car, got it running.
10. 1968 VW Beetle converted into a baja. Huge piece of poo poo that I spent way too much time/money on.
11. 1989 Toyota 1 ton pickup, ex uhaul, 3vze, slow thirsty turd with typical 3vz issues.
12. 1992 Ford festiva, slushy. used aspire wheels/suspension to lift it.
13. 1978? Porsche 924. Pinkless freebie. was a project.
14. 1993 Jeep Grand cherokee limited. 4.0/slushy. Slushy did cryco things so it was sold.
15. 1995 Land Rover discovery. Naturally another turd.
16. 1994 Land Rover discovery. became a parts wagon for the 95
17. 1990 Chevrolet 2500 suburban. 454/4l80e. Drank all the fuel. Warmed over engine. Got stolen
18. 1975 Chevrolet luv. 9" rear, set up for a SBC. Project car, flipped it.
19. 1977 Chevrolet 1500 suburban 4wd 350/350. Project car, flipped it.
20. 1958 VW Baja Bug. oval window, Engine came in a 5 gallon bucket. Built it up. Later roasted it from the Santa Ana winds.
21. 1987 Mitsubishi Mightymax. Clean. Carburetor would stick at WOT, whatever cycle the key.
22. 1986 Lincoln Mark VII LSC. Loud, fat car on air suspension.
23. 1989 Honda Prelude SI no 4ws. 5 speed. a/c took a poo poo a week after buying it.
24. 1988 Ford festiva, carburetored piece of poo poo.
25. 1986.5 Toyota Supra. N/A, 5 speed. Used parts from the 88 with no reverse to get it running.
26. 1993 Chevrolet blazer. 4.3. Drove this turd cross country. shat out the 4l60e shortly after.

21-23(Alabama)
27. 1987 Yugo GV. bought it for $250. drove it for nearly a year.
28. 1989 Range Rover classic. bought it running hot. fixed it. Drove it a while. bowden cable would stick.
29. 1988 Mercedes 190e. E class 3L swap. flipped it for the 5 speed disco.
30. 1995 Land Rover Discovery 5 speed. Project. rusty crusty flip piece.
31. 1995 Range Rover classic LWB 4.2. Became a parts car for the 89
32. 1991 Cadillac Brougham hearse. 5.0/4l60 and 6000lb of slowness.
33. 1992. Ford Festiva. P/S, A/C, and a 5 speed!
34. 1990 Range Rover classic. Black. best rover I've owned. Dummy me pulled the engine to help a customer.
35. 1996 Land Rover Discovery rotbox. 5 speed! Bought it back with big tires, a lift, and an overheating engine.
36. 1997 Range Rover p38. piece of poo poo. Wrapped it around a telephone pole when the master cylinder failed.
37. 1991 Ford festiva. BP 1.8 swap. Fast piece of poo poo. Shattered the trans.
38. 2007 Ford F250 6.0 diesel. PSD things happened. Bought it for $1500 in 2011.Fixed it. traded it for the first bus.
39. 1996 Range Rover p38. This one lasted a while. Green. lifted it, tires, built a 4.6, interior,etc. Got hit in Pasadena.
40. 1993 Mercedes benz 320TE. Bought it for $900 in ATL not running. Was in LA with it 3 days later. Had no reverse.
41. 2001 Land Rover Discovery II. Bought it off a customer. flip car after fixing it.

24+(NV/CA)
42. 1968 vw baja bug. Planned a diesel swap. didn't happen.
43. 1996 Land Rover Discovery SE7. 5 speed, rioja red. 4.6 swap, lift, tires, etc. Parted it cause gently caress rovers.
44. 1991 Mercedes 190e. Project car. fixed it up. Sold it after discovering the crank was hosed up. Welded the harmonic balancer to it.
45. 1990 F350. 7.3 turbo/5speed/4wd. Field found old piece of poo poo. current ongoing ever so slow functional restoration.
46. 2017 Chevrolet Volt. driving appliance.

The volt is actually #59 or so with all the parts cars.
Edit: I forgot a AW11 Mr2 or two. Love me some AW11.

Bikes:
1. 1987 Yamaha FZR1000. Project.
2. 1988 Yamaha FZR400. This one racked a ton of miles. 2 engines, etc.
3. 2004 Yamaha yz450f dirt bike
4. 1999 Yamaha Yz250 supermoto plated in CA
5. 1999 Yamaha R1 Flip bike. had it a little while. kind of a beater
6. 2007 Yamaha KLR 650. Fat stupid turd. Killed it.
7. 2001 Suzuki DRZ400. built a 470 for it. Dualsport/supermoto/mini-nerdventure. awesome bike
8. 2004 KTM 950 Adventure-S. Big orange pig
9. 2008 Yamaha WR250R. Fun little fuel injected dual sport.

Buses:
1. 1954 GM PD4104. 2V detroit 2-stroke diesel, 4 speed. Tall geared bastard with lovely ram style power assist steering.
2. 1969 Gillig DT16. Flat cummins, 262, Atmo turbo, 15 gears, tandem drive.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 16, 2020

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I've had a lot fewer cars than CSB, but this is what I can remember.

• 2001 Chevy Cavalier. It was crap but it still got places. Unless I parked in or near a snowbank, then it was immovable.
  • 2006 WRX wagon. This was great but it was a rebuilt title, had terrible paint and I was always removing previous owner bodgery. This taught me a lesson about paying actual money for cars, so I started to experiment with cheap poo poo like...
  • 1997 Impreza Outback Sport wagon. I got this for $1000 from a rallying club friend, put new headlights and a knock sensor in it, and ran it forever. I replaced the transmission with a $50 one to get rid of input shaft bearing noise. It was so good, but I began to grow weary of Subarus and bought a Miata (see below). This '97 continued to be the best car I ever owned until someone in a parking lot totalled it on Mother's Day. Then it bounced around the community and a bunch of other people have owned it.
  • 1991 Mazda Miata. This was an ex-race-car. It had holes for the giant wing in the trunk, PSS9 coilovers with super stiff springs, no heat and a really big swaybar. It was the best winter car I ever drove, after I fixed the heat (self-adhesive thermostat gasket was installed with the backing paper still attached) and put studded KW22s on it. I ended up selling this to a friend who nuked the motor from oil starvation on track, then he sold it to another guy who turned it into an Exocet.
  • 2003 Impreza 2.5TS wagon. After the death of the Outback Sport, I wanted another Subaru, but I didn't want to pay any money for it. I started out hating this car because it was porkier than my '97, but it held up admirably with near-zero maintenance. The only major fault was the transmission mount falling out after I replaced the stocker for a Group-N and tore the threads out of the captive nut in the body. Also the rear strut towers were entirely rust; I didn't feel safe putting people in the back of it anymore, so I sold it to a buddy who is still driving it.
  • 1990 Toyota Celica. This was the inaugural Trans Mountain car. Slung and I bought it, we spent a ton of money on putting new suspension and other components into it, and it was rock solid. Except the head gasket was bad so it constantly tried to overheat when stuck in traffic, say in the summer when you are doing a road rally through Vancouver. I drove this some more after, and then we sold it to some kid who was going to turn it into a turbocharged "half-Trac." I saw it a few months ago driving around in a distinctly non-turbo fashion.
  • 1997 Mazda Miata. I started missing my old Miata, so I decided to get a stock 1.8L one. It was owned by an idiot (he lubed the outside of the speedo cable, to give you an idea) and I spent most of my time reversing his work. After spending a ton of money on winter storage and even more money on restoring it to stock, I drove my buddy's NB Mazdaspeed Miata and realized I had made a huge mistake and should have just paid much less money for a beater NB. I sold it at a massive loss to some guy who lives near my parents, who then sold it at a massive loss to someone else a few months later to make rent.
  • 1988 Lincoln Town Car. We got this one for free (it was a 'tip' for doing some septic work), fixed the fire-prone alternator wiring, slammed a Taurus alternator in with an F150 alternator harness and ran it for like fifty thousand loving kilometers. We also put General Grabbers on it with Ranger steelies. I'm 90% sure we spent fewer $/km than anything else I've ever owned on this massive, stylish turd. I actually made a profit on this car somehow.
  • 1992 Honda Civic DX. I was going to run this one in Trans Mountain but decided against it because I would have to choose between either having Slung or all of our gear in the car. I put like $1600 into this car all-told and it was great, but it had enough rust that I was starting to get sketched out about driving it anywhere I might be T-boned or rear ended. The previous owner told me that he replaced the alternator four times. What I think actually happened was that someone jumped the car backwards and blew out like all of it. I had to recap the ECU because it died at one point from having the main power rail cap explode. Things that didn't work when I got it: high beams. Low beams. Turn signals if the headlights were on at the same time. Speedometer but only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Wiper high-speed. Intermittent wiper function. The radio. Dome light. Tail lights. And the reverse light switch was on in reverse (N, 1-5: reverse light on. R: reverse light off. Even kastein had no idea why this was happening.) Great car, sold to a buddy who needed it who immediately turned around and sold it to his brother who riced it out. I made a small loss.
  • 2005 Saab 9-2X Linear. I, uh, gently caress this car. I decided after the '03 Impreza that I would get "a nice Subaru" with "low miles" that would be reliable. The previous owner was a teenager. We somehow hosed up a timing belt job. Then the engine grenaded itself from oil starvation. So we put in a JDM EJ203 and it is fun to drive, but I'm also sort of sick of looking at it. I will run this thing into the loving ground, and it thoroughly encourages such actions. The smaller motor and enormous aftermarket rear sway bar finally reminds me of the '97.
  • 1982 Toyota Supra. I don't know if I can legitimately count this as 'mine' because Slung and I have both poured money into it, but it is currently an engineless, transmissionless, mouse-nest-infested piece of poo poo that's sitting on a trailer in his back yard. At one point it was owned by a friend (and customer) of mine, which we only discovered a year after we got it and I casually mentioned my Supra ownership status to him at a party.
  • 2005 Acura TSX. This was another Trans Mountain car. It's now my daily driver after we (Slung) poured thousands into it that we never got out of it. The 6-speed manual transmission exploded almost immediately during ownership and had to be swapped.
  • 2020 Mazda 3. This is my wife's car. It is a car. It's really nice, and it starts all the time. Before this, she had a 1998 200SX SE-R that is the most hateful, irredeemable piece of automotive garbage that has ever been given wheels.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 16, 2020

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
1989 Ford Ranger 4x2 5 speed 2.3L. Bought in 2002 for $500, sold in 2003 for $500. Red with a black and tan interior. Very rusted, very slow. I grew up in the mountains of Southern VT and drove ~12mi to school. It was awful in the snow because I was 16 years old and didn't have money to put snow tires on it.

1996 Nissan Maxima SE 5 speed. Bought in 2003 for $3700, sold in 2007 for $750. Classic mid-90s Japanese sedan color combo of green over tan cloth interior with GOLD PACKAGE It was a great car, but had a bunch of deferred maintenance that I did not catch. Learned a lesson. Very reliable. Great, smooth powertrain with the VQ30DE. Fast, practical, pretty fun to drive. Ended up needing new suspension bushings, calipers, and a few other things by 2007, and I was a poor college student who had no real need of a car so I sold it on to a Bulgarian dude who wanted a car for his wife. Started some small wrenching with this car.

2010 BMW 128i 6 speed. Leased in 2010, kept through 2013 and end of lease. Deep Sea Blue metallic over black, sport package and heated seats. I miss this car. It drove really well and was my first exposure to BMW. I got a job that paid ~50% more than I was expecting out of school and so I picked this up with some of my spare money. Not the best with money decision for a 23 year old, but lease rates were really good and I think I paid $350/mo zero money down. The car was a little too good - not super exciting around town. Moved it from Boston to DC to North Carolina as work took me around. Drove it all over, up skiing in snowstorms where it performed really well. My wife kind of learned to drive stick in this car.

2013 Ford Focus ST 6 speed. Bought in 2013, sold in 2019. Black over black. This was a pretty good car, and I told myself I would buy it if Ford brought it to the US. Not particularly reliable - a long series of campaigns and recalls. Particular low notes were when the ignition cut off on I-93S in Dorchester, MA at highway speeds due to a wiring harness problem. Also had grounding / vampire issues. Also had a recall on door latches that was never resolved. Sync was bad. It was fun to drive and reasonably practical but kind of a sub optimal set of compromises. The interior design was particularly wasteful. My wife really learned to drive stick in this car. I got tired of the road noise and ride harshness after moving to Michigan. I decided I hated black cars, too.

2000 BMW E39 M5. Bought in 2018 as a sort of pre-wedding stress related impulse buy for myself. Imola Red over Imola Red. Picked up a bunch of deferred maintenance (sway bar end links, thermostat, belts, valve cover gaskets, front struts, rear sway bar bushings, steering wheel misalignment) but it has been quite reliable thus far and is my summer daily.

2019 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack 6 speed. Bought in 2019 to replace the Focus. VW was giving out absurd deals on finance and they offered me like $1300 more for the Focus than I wanted. Silk Blue over tan interior. Our winter daily driver/practical car. Very practical, well designed interior, decent to drive, CarPlay and all that jazz. great driving appliance without being stupendously dull. Will probably see us through the birth of children in a couple years.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

1. 1986 Ford Escort GT hatchback, 16-18 years old. Rural Tennessee. This wasn't owned by me, but had been dad's trash hauler/work commuter for several years until I got my license and became the main user unless the insurance company was asking. It had some pretty excellent clear coat mange, and was so badly out of tune that I had to hold in all three pedals at a stoplight in the wintertime. After learning to drive that five speed, I was all set for any future manual transmissions. Got a whole $75 for it a few years later and saw it around town with some new wheels for a couple of years after that. The wheels probably quadrupled the value of the car.

2. 1999 Ford Escort SE Sport sedan, 19-24 years old. Atlanta and DC area. Mom and dad have been Ford Forever so the local dealer made an okay deal on this one. Extremely unremarkable. Did fine moving me through the last couple of years in college and the move to DC. I took care of it, but the alternator started to check out and I was extremely flush with cash due to volunteering for some strenuous assignments early in my career, so after buying a house I still had enough cash for the next one. Got $1000 for this one even with the flaky alt after 100,000 miles.

3. 2004 Acura RSX Type S, 24-32 years old. DC area. Hell yeah I loved this car and still miss it. It made twice the power as the Escort and got the same fuel economy. Handled great, was small and fun. That all-red instrumentation that you could dim down to just barely visible when you were the only thing on the road was divine. The only thing I wished it had was a 3.5 port for an iPod though I could still use a cassette adapter since it had a tape deck. It had a recall for a bad transaxle gear at one point, and later on needed a new short block when it cracked a cylinder and kept going even with a dry dipstick. That was when the slow-motion self-destruct started where over the coming two years I had to replace the front end two and a half times (how do I bend three front axles?) and multiple CV joints. I got $5000 for it after 8 years and a quarter million miles. I never got to take it coast to coast like I wanted and I had to let it go before getting a full ten years out of it when quarterly repair costs eclipsed a new car payment.

4. 2012 Subaru STi Limited, 32-38 years old. DC area. gently caress you, Subaru, I paid cash for this and it was an unrepentant piece of poo poo. I liked the power and handling, but I didn't like having to be towed a half dozen times in the last three years of ownership. Click here and start reading from January 9, 2016 to watch me fall out of love with this idiot hellcar. Should have gotten the Scion FR-S or another RSX-S. Carmax gave me $15,000 for it and I sank so much money into fixing this thing over six years.

5. 2018 Honda Civic Type R, 38 years old to present day. DC area. This takes me back to the dear departed RSX, feels a little bigger but not as big as the Subaru (gently caress you). Same power as the Subaru (gently caress you) but only out of two wheels. No torque steer thanks to some good suspension design, and aside from the ridiculous factory dubs this thing came on getting damaged from Beltway potholes and subsequently replaced with 19" FK2 Type-R wheels, no problems with this car coming up on 50,000 miles and almost exactly two years of ownership. I hope to get an honest decade out of it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I've had mostly crappy cars and never a new one.

1974 Oldsmobile Cutlass "S" (not the Supreme) - 9mpg on a good day
1974 VW Super Beetle - Sold it for the next vehicle
1970(?) VW Bus - This was instrumental in The Tampa Incident™. Owned for a whole three months.
1974 VW Beetle - Bought for $1 from a neighbor. It was rusty as all gently caress, but only needed metal brake lines and a new carb. It ran for a year before literally faling apart Bluesmobile style. It beat taking the bus.
1984 Dodge Colt - bought from the shady husband of a co-worker. Not a horrible car, but not great. Sold it to a neighbor whose crackhead girlfriend ran it into a telephone pole a week later
1971 Buick Skylark- Once belonged to an ex-boss. Blown head gasket
1973 VW Beetle - sold it for what I paid for it.
1984 VW Jetta - belonged to my then wife who had gotten it from her mechanic ex-husband. It survived being lightly brushed by a Semi in Atlanta
1993 Pontiac Grand Am. Had the 3.3L V6. Gave to my then stepdaughter.
1986 VW Fox. Goddammit I hated this loving car. Got the front end smashed in a parking lot. Had to hold the hood down with pins
1994 Ford Escort Wagon. Slow but solid. It helped me move after the divorce. At least 50 round trips to move my stuff. I miss that car. Longest period of time owning a single car - 12 years
1996 Toyota Camry. Had 263k miles.
2004 Toyota Corolla CE. First automatic since the Grand Am. Was my parents' car until my father had to stop driving due to age. Only 103k miles.

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 17, 2020

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

1984 Honda Civic Wagon - This is the car that I learned to drive on. Its most notable feature was that it was a 5MT and had a forgiving clutch which was good for learning on. The rust monster got this one.
<went away to college for a year, no car>
1989 Honda Civic Wagon - This was 'my' first car and was a hand-me-down from my father. Again it was 5MT and it was also a RT4WD model. I flogged the crap out of it driving all over the back roads. Ownership of the car reverted to my father when I enlisted in the Army. It was totalled in a rear-end collision while I was out of the country. Also of note my parents decided to drop me from their insurance policy while I was gone which made for an unpleasant surprise when I returned from overseas and went to buy my own car.
2002 VW Jetta Sedan - 90hp of Pump Deuse power! I bought it new off the lot in NY below sticker because gas was cheap, no one wanted to drive diesel, and even fewer people wanted a stick shift. It was a great car until my wife spilled a bottle of breast milk on the carpet. After that it never smelled right despite mutiple attempts to clean the carpet. Traded in to a dealer
2004 VW Passat Wagon - bought on the expectation of starting a family, nothing special performance-wise but impressive hauling capacity and very comfortable
2009 VW Jetta SportWagen - replaced the 02 Jetta as my daily driver, again a TDI but this time with an automatic transmission because I was impatient to get rid of the Jetta
2007* Dodge Grand Caravan - bought used from my uncle in 2016 to haul stuff around in, nicknamed 'Punishment Wagon' or 'The Garbage Scow', keep meaning to get rid of it but it's just so useful to have it
2014 VW JettaSportWagen - replaced the '04 Passat which was totalled in a collision, did good service for about 18 months and totalled in a collision with a Z3
2015* Toyota 4Runner - used the VW TDI buyback program to buy this, acquired with 75K miles on it in 2017, now pushing 120K, it's a truck that does truck things
2014 VW GTi - we learn nothing, bought to replace the '14 wagon, lasted about two years before losing an argument with an MDX, kinda pissed about it at the time but eh, it's just a car
2018* VW Golf SportWagen - hopefully the new driver aids will keep this one around longer than its predecessors
2009* Mini Cooper S - turbo / stick / came with JCW tuning kit, bought to relieve the 4Runner of daily driver duties, proving to be a fun little car if expensive to maintain

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

1998 Honda Accord, silver with the pop-up headlights and 5mt. I rolled it over down a ravine in the rain. It had the common fuel relay problem but I didn’t know what it was until years later.

1982 Datsun King Cab pickup with Sport Package (red, white, and blue tape stripes and black mirrors) and 14” chrome saw blade wheels. I installed a speaker box, made in shop class, that took up the entirety of the rear cab, and my friends would ride on top sometimes. 3 speed auto.

1988 Honda CRX DX. White with blue interior and 98 horsepower of fury. It’d walk a V6 Mustang or Camaro. 5mt. A Good Car. Eibach coilovers, Camaro dual-exit muffler fabricated by me at the shop I worked for. I sold it when I joined the Army and was stationed overseas because there was zero chance it would pass German inspection.

1972 Ford F-100 Sport Custom longbed. It was black-and-white twotone with a red interior, and had the 4V 302/C4 3at combination. It had the 80’s wagon wheels, and I put on true duals with the longest glass packs I could find. A magical sound.

1965 Mercury Comet 4D. 200 six with C4 3at, white over red. Air conditioner car with 43,000 original miles. Rebuilt the engine and transmission myself, instantly spun a rod because I bought the Australian oil pump that is 1/4” longer, thus ensuring oil starvation. Fixed that, and have a 1978 big intake head waiting to go on. I upgraded to a hybrid distributor that uses a 1980’s 4.9 top big-cap top end and MSD-6 box along with Pacesetter headers. I need to find a larger carburetor for this intake. I still have this one.

2004 Chevy Cavalier, black with the sport package spoiler and wheels. 4at and Ecotec. I put 60,000 trouble-free miles on it. Got it cheap as hell because this was the year the Cobalt debuted.

2004 BMW M3 Coupe, 6MT. Headers, catted midpipe (rasp terminators), Eibach lowering springs, blacked out vents and grilles with 19” VMR v710 gunmetal wheels. What a glorious sound this thing had. Great ride and handling. 8200 rpm redline. Fantastic car. Took unicorn blood 10W-60 oil to keep the main bearings marginally safe. I bought this to impress a girl who had a 325i. Didn’t work.

2006 Mercedes E55 AMG. Black. What can I say about the engine except I decided that 510 ft./lbs of torque weren’t enough? Upgraded to a 180mm crank pulley, shorty headers, upgraded intercooler and pump, reduced the exhaust to resonators only. Around 520 horsepower and 600 torques total going through the 5at transmission, which was the worst part on the car. It doesn’t really matter, though. Want to start a burnout at 1200 rpm? We got you, fam. Fantastically reliable, used 9L of full synthetic so oil changes were $100 with me doing the labor.

2006 Porsche Cayman S. Silver, 6MT. The handling. Best. Handling. Grip for days, progressive breakaway, just lovely. Put headers and exhaust on it, sounded phenomenal, and was comically unreliable. I bought a jump box just for this car and left it in the passenger floorboard. I would have put it in the frunk, but when the battery is dead, you need a jump box to open the frunk. There’s no cable, just a relay. Oh, had to put a clutch in after a month of ownership. It wasn’t abused, just wore clean out. Specced out .3mm under specification with even wear. The last time the battery died, I got on Autotrader and started looking. I stopped at Autozone to warranty the battery on the way to get the Challenger.

1968 Mercury Monterey fastback. 360 4V Edelbrock and Performer RPM intake with a C6 3at. Plans were to make a NASCAR clone. The suspension is Bilstein shocks valved for the application by Penske (Jay Leno’s 7 Liter spec), 2002 Crown Vic Police Interceptor springs up from with Eibach 1964 Galaxie wagon springs in back. Full poly bushings. Upgraded Thunderbird sway bars front and back, with a 2” bar up front and a 1.5” in back. Arrow D-window wheels, black. 275/50 R15 tires all around. She’s low and mean-looking. I tuned the Edelbrock carb with a wideband O2 and it’s perfect. 12.6 when enriching, stoich around town, 17ish while cruising. I love the part-throttle tunability of these carbs. Still have it.

2012 Dodge Challenger 392. White with the black Alcantera interior. I felt no need to mod it, it was good out of the box. It was the lowest car IN THE WORLD and the chin spoiler stuck out appropriately 3 feet. It scraped on everything. Relatively reliable compared to the Porsche, this only had two catastrophic failures that were both covered under warranty. The differential chipped some teeth loose, and the camshaft lifters did that thing where one loses all its bearings and wipes the cam lobe while simultaneously bouncing little bearings all around the engine. So: new cam and lifters. Had a kid so had to get rid of it.

1967 Ford F100 stepside. Rusty blue with a 240-I6 and 3 on the tree. It’s just running. I’ve refreshed it and that’s all. New brakes, cleaned carb, cleaned points, fluid changes. This was my grandfather’s truck and I’ll never sell it. It’s my most sentimental ride.

2010 Cadillac Escalade. I needed something to pull a camper trailer and house a car seat. It had a beastly engine and the worst transmission programming imaginable. It was actively dangerous to drive, so bad that I bought HPTuners just so I could fix it. I took a look at the ECU side and it looked like the best truck tune I’d ever seen vs. the 6.0 and 5.3 tunes, so I left it alone. It actually commanded power enrichment immediately! I think this is why the 6.2 feels so raw compared to the smaller engines. They wait to build enrichment. Anyway, watch Sloppy Mechanics 101 videos to find out more. I hated this vehicle, but the Porsche was worst.

2014 Ford F-150 Supercrew FX4 with the Ecoboost and 6at. Flame blue, black interior. Love this engine. Love. It. It feels almost as powerful as the stock E55, and I have a tune on the way that I plan to refine. I just need a baseline so I can datalog. Plans are: downpipes, cat-back, intake, and upgraded intercooler in the future.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

sharkytm posted:

Dailies:
99-2001: 94 Saturn SW1, white, 5-speed
2003-2007: 99 VW Jetta, green, 5-speed

Whoa, same first couple cars as me!

2002-2004: 91 saturn sl1 5 speed purchased for $400, slipping timing belt 1 tooth the night before I bought my Jetta
2004-2009: 97 jetta 5 speed, first (only?) "nice" car
2009-2013: 2001 v6 toyota solara coupe, 5 speed. 32mpg at 80mph. All time favorite car.
2013-2014: 1998 XJ Cherokee, 2 door, 5 speed 4 liter. Thing was awesome, except for literally everything electric
2012-present: 2004 outback, auto 2.5. Dad bought new off lot. 300k miles now, still going slow and working fine despite lots of rust
2014-present: 2003 matrix xrs, 6 speed 2zz. 180hp. Thing sounds like a loving crotch rocket (has yamaha head, literally says yamaha on it, wish toyota would still partner with them)
2015-present: 1997 4runner. 5 speed 2.7 4wd. Best SUV ever. 250k+ miles
2017-present: 2006 Accord sedan 6 speed v6. Bought with blown engine and swapped low mileage j30 v6 back in.
2019: 1993 Hiace Super Custom Limited, imported then sold locally.
2020-present: 2001 f350 crew cab, 7.3l 6 speed. First actual pickup, came half built for overlanding, going to finish it and hopefully become the new camping rig.

Best cars are easily the solara and the matrix, followed closely by the accord. Best 4x4 is for sure the 4runner, 3rd gen supremacy. 250k on a 4runner feels better than 150k on a jeep.

wilfredmerriweathr fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 18, 2020

Hansolio
Nov 4, 2009

I W A N T M Y M T V

1991 Ford Escort "Pony" owned from 16 to 22. This was my grandpa's car that he passed down to me when I got my license. The Pony was the base model car and the only option my grandpa had selected was the automatic transmission. It had manual windows and locks, 13 inch steel wheels, no radio and the driver side mirror only. Later on in life I convinced my dad to help me swap in the 2.0 liter motor from a 1997 model Escort and that really made a big difference. I believe the claimed power difference was 90 HP for the 1.9 liter and around 110 for the 2.0. Sold it for $600 to a friend after I was done with it and it only lasted another year before salt claimed a suspension mounting point.

1999 Toyota Solara owned from 22 to 26. Unlike the Escort this had every option you could tick at the time. It was a V6 manual with leather seats, premium sound, a sunroof and the sport package, which was 16 inch alloy wheels, a spoiler and a tighter ratio steering rack. The car was a rebuilt title when I got it so I got it for a bargain. It dropped a valve while I owned it and my dad and I swapped out the head and it just kept trucking. I got rid of it when the clutch started to slip and I wanted something with a turbo instead of fixing it. Sold it out of state for $1000, which was double what a dealership was willing to do for trade-in.

2007 Volkswagen GTI owned from 26 to 32. I loved this car and I kind of wish I hadn't ditched it when I did. It had the plaid seats and the DSG. I had an APR tune and the Volkswagen driver gear cat back exhaust on it and it was just loud enough. I got rid of it after taking it to 120k miles and being freaked out by the looming threat of aging Volkswagen.

2016 Ford Fiesta ST owned from 32 to current. I bought the Fiesta brand new in October of 2015. It doesn't have the Recaro seats and I probably should have found one that did. I definitely should have purchased a lightly used one. I have a tune from Stratified and a Mishimoto cat back exhaust that's a little too loud. It's a fun car to drive hard but it's a little too harsh for my tastes as a daily driver. I regularly get 32+ MPG in mixed driving, which is nice.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

2013-2014: 1998 XJ Cherokee, 2 door, 5 speed 4 liter. Thing was awesome, except for literally everything electric
This checks out, based on my experience.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Cars

1. 88 Camry, 4cyl auto. Hand me down car that was great other than rats had built a nest under the hood and it had an intermittent short when it got wet. I live in Seattle.
2. 86.5 Supra, NA Manual. First manual car, clutch blew up on the drive home. Car was a total POS but pretty fun for a dumb HS kid.
3. 86 F150, 4x4, regular cab, short bed, v8 swap, granny 4 on floor. POS, but it was fun for a dumb college kid. V8 was tired and couldn't get over the pass at speed in top gear.
4. 2002 WRX Sedan. Fantastic car, bought used with low miles. This is the car that got away. Was reliable, fast enough and safe enough for dumb college kid.
5. 2005 CTS-V. Dumb college kid traded his very nice WRX in for a Cadillac because V8. This car was too nice for me and I felt dumb the minute I got it. Also it never failed to put a smile on my face because V8.
6. 2007 Tacoma, TRD Offroad, 6sp. If this thing had been the crew cab vs access cab and auto vs stick I'd still own it. Longest tenured vehicle I ever owned. I loved that truck.
7. 1996 Miata. Beater miata best miata. Paid $2100 for it and had a riot. Most fun car I've ever driven in snow. Tracked it, dailied it, beat it, worked on it. This car taught me a ton.
8. 1996 Towncar. Traded the Miata for the Towncar because I wanted a stupid big sofa to drive. I enjoyed it. Fixed up the suspension, redid the steering and sold it because we had a kid and it was not great in side crash ratings
9. 2017 Forester. Boring good car. Gets ok mpg. Class leading visibility, lots of active and passive safety features. First kid panic induced this car, but I've come to like it enough.

Bikes
1. 2005 HD Sportster 883. A bit embarrased about this one, kinda like admitting you went to a nickleback concert. Slow, poor brakes, poor handling. Loud AF.
2. 2000 BMW K1200RS. Flying brick, this thing ate miles like no-one's business. She was heavy, but quick enough and I fell in love with BMW's over her.
3. 2013 BMW R1200R. Made me appreciate the BMW boxer. Really fun bike but I bought it due to price, not because it's what I wanted/needed. I wanted a touring bike and she just wasn't. Great bike otherwise. Sold when kid arrived.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

1980 Ford F-150 XLT - 351M/C6, long bed. Massive pile of poo poo that turned every parking space into an EPA superfund site; it leaked so much oil that I bought straight 60w oil by the case every 2 weeks (it had no oil pressure if I ran anything thinner than 20w-50). When I moved across TX, I used 8 quarts of oil in one day.

1988 Honda Accord LXi - 5 speed sedan. Fun car, damned reliable except seller lied about the timing belt (broke at idle, thankfully no bent valves), and the odometer had been rolled WAY back. Got stolen.

1988 Honda Accord DX - 5 speed coupe. Slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww at first, turned out the secondary on the carb was stuck. It finally popped open one day. Still slow, but decent beater car. Roommate kept driving it after it popped a radiator hose when he was late for work, tried putting a new hose on, coolant sprayed out from multiple spots between the block and head. Sold it to a coworker as a parts car for $100 (he had an 86 LX)

1996 Honda Civic EX - 5 speed coupe. Did stupid ricer poo poo, paid stupid ricer taxes. Blew up 2 engines and 2 or 3 transmissions. One engine was from cold air intake + flooded road + missing fender liner. The second was oil starvation.

1991 Acura Integra LS - automatic hatch. Loved that stupid car despite it having plenty of electrical issues. PO had put an adjustable FPR on it, wound up being way too lean. Should have realized something was up when I was getting 40 MPG on a road trip, in a car rated high 20s. At the end it was belching smoke that would make James Bond jealous. Anytime someone got on my rear end I'd just let off the gas and coast, and it became an instant rolling smokescreen.

1995 Honda Civic EX - 5 speed coupe. $200 with a fried clutch, salvage title, dead AC, and 196k. Gave the now-2-cylinder Integra to a friend in exchange for him doing the clutch on it (he put a junkyard motor in the Integra and gave it to someone at his church). Fun car that skipped timing once (didn't bend anything, mechanic said whoever did the timing belt didn't pull the pin on the tensioner, friend I got it from never took it above 3k). Blew a tire on the highway and spun into an 18 wheeler. :saddowns:

2001 Honda Accord LX - 5 speed sedan. Most boring car in the world.

1999 Nissan Altima GXE - 5 speed. Money pit of a car, but when it was running, it was shockingly quick. Wound up with a 2001 gearbox (which has a shorter final drive), found out it could bury the speedometer. Traded it in when the AC compressor was going out and timing chain was rattling for... the Saturd.

2006 Saturn Ion 3 - 5 speed coupe. Bought with 60k, totaled at 203k, never did anything outside of regular maintenance except for a cheap AC compressor (which locked up after a week; original compressor died from the clutch falling apart) and a new battery. Replaced with Negative Ions

2006 Saturn Ion 2 - 5 speed coupe. 2 was the "base" level by that year, but it was fully optioned - sunroof, PW/PL/PM, keyless entry/alarm, etc. Got it with 130k, got rid of it at 170k (less than 2 years). Swapped some of the nicer interior bits over from Saturd. Suspect it was a dealer demo, Carfax showed it wasn't titled until it had ~1500 miles. loving MN car, fuel lines rusted out (though it had a ton of electrical issues from day one), which caused me to trade it for... Brokeback.

Brokeback is a 2003 Subaru Outback, base model w/winter package. 2.5L, very tired and sloppy automatic (I suspect kastein owned it :v:). 142k when I got it, 146k now. 2nd cheapest car I've owned. Needed both front axles and an O2 sensor when I got it. Nicest car I've owned so far despite having a lot of battle scars, timing belt is fairly recent, tires are nearly new in terms of tread (but 5+ years old). I'm just hoping to get 6-12 more months out of it. Been reliable so far. Carfax says it spent 8 years in Canada, yet no rust whatsoever (it even has the original exhaust). Needs a wheel bearing and rear suspension, but drives well aside from dragging its rear end.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Mar 19, 2020

TeamIce
Mar 16, 2004
LET JESUS FUCK YOU

I'll mix cars and bikes here, as the bikes end up playing a role with what cars I bought: (will track down and edit this post with pictures of the interesting stuff tomorrow.)

2002 : 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier: Black. First car, crappy base engine, 3 speed automatic, Tupperware interior, put big subwoofers in like a standard idiot teenager.

2003 : 1996 Pontiac Firebird: Black. 3.8 liter V6, 4 speed automatic, LEATHER, no t-tops. Had weird transmission issues that would manifest after highway driving.

2005 : 1998 Chevrolet Corvette: Black. Finally, something not awful. 6 speed manual, LS1, soft top. Screwed around with minor modifications...intake, exhaust, replica z06 wheels.

2007 : 2006 Subaru Legacy GT: Black. First car I ever bought new. Got a steal on it as it was a US import from a dealer in Hawaii to Canada - dealer was a bit confused by a 20 year old kid trading in a Corvette for a "family sedan". Manual. Modded the hell out of it - intake, intercooler, uppipe/downpipe/ceramic coated equal length headers, tune, gold OZ wheels, Brembos from a totalled STi, KW coilovers. Even imported an Aussie market center stack to convert the factory radio to double din nav. Considered going really balls to the wall and upgrading turbo/injectors, but this was a 5 speed...was too scared of grenading the transmission.
This was probably my favorite car, and I still miss it. Never had a single reliability problem despite me driving it hard and modding it. It ended up at auction after I got rid of it, and a client's son worked at the dealer that ended up with it...And got me in touch with its new buyer to sell my spare winter wheels to him. The kid who bought it loved it, I hope he took good care of it.
Had a coincidental meet up with a Seattle goon with the same car to swap trunks (mine was spoiler free, he had a spoiler and didn't want it). Can't remember his username - he later bought a GT-R?

2011 : 2005 Corvette : Black. Targa top, 6 speed manual, replica C6 z06 wheels, Z51 package.
Owned this for all of 7 weeks. Had the Subaru paid off, had just bought a condo, and decided I wanted a "fun" car. Only had one parking spot, so had to pay to put the Subaru in storage. Turns out having a car payment along with a mortgage payment sucks when you're 25 and working a lovely job. Sold it at a 3k loss and was just glad to not be living paycheck to paycheck anymore.

2012 : 2007 BMW 335i: Black. Traded in the Subaru on this - was a US market model as well. Problem is, it hadn't been converted properly - gauges were still in MPH, which was annoying. However, it was a 6 speed manual...which coupled with its hard top convertible, meant it was stupid rare. Lightly modified with an Accessport tune.

After the comparative reliability of my previous vehicles, this was an eye opener...injector problems, turbo problems, pixels on the radio that would fade to nothingness in warm weather. Dealt with the injectors and reprogramming myself...when the turbos began rattling, I got more concerned. This year had a recall on the turbos...And mine was manufactured 2 weeks before the recall, and didn't qualify, despite having the same turbos and problems. Took a bath selling it just to get rid of it before something big blew up.

2013 : 2006 Acura TSX: BlackSilver! Actually had this at the same time as the BMW. Had a job that I drove a lot for and sometimes had to move stuff around, so I bought it with the intention of something more fuel efficient/reliable, and that I'd care less about beating up on. 6 speed manual. Terrible shape, I did the bare minimum to keep this alive. By the end, it had nearly 300,000 km on it, a shot to hell (still original clutch), a missing spoiler bolt accompanied with the spoiler bouncing and rattling on the trunk, and 2 slow leaks in the tires...Part of the reason why I was less concerned, is at the same time I had this, I discovered bikes.

2014 : 2003 Suzuki SV650S: Blue. First bike, nothing special. Enough power to get into trouble on, but not enough to be overly dangerous. Had annoying electrical gremlins, got tired of them, sold after about 9 months of ownership.

2015 : 2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750 : White/Blue : Got a great deal on this from a guy who supposedly took good care of it. Had to go to Vancouver Island to get it. Looked in good condition, but had no passenger pegs and didnt come with the rear seat (just had the cosmetic cowl instead). It's ok, seller said he'll ship them to me! (He never did, and later sent me an email telling me to gently caress off when I emailed again asking about them). Also didn't start well, but the seller assured me that was from it sitting all winter. Bought it anyhow...battery proceeded to die when I got it to the ferry. Proceeded to drop it on myself trying to bump start it. Got stranded overnight in Nanaimo at a lovely motel until I could get a new battery the next day. Then when I got back to the mainland, the license plate fell off due to the screws not being tightened enough by the seller who put it on for me. Good start, eh? Ran fine for about a year and a half, until it started eating regulator/rectifiers - went through 3, and a stator, continued having electrical problems. Said to hell with it and traded it in.

2016 : 014 Kawasaki ZX-14R: Black/green. This bike was a bad idea. Babied it for the first 2000 km and slowly built up my confidence on this absolutely heavy, insane torque monster...until I felt pretty good cracking the throttle on it and dealing with it wheelieing. However, the suspension felt way too sloppy, so I got it tightened up. What I didn't take into account was that now that it didn't have that looseness/travel in the rear, it'd stand up easier. Same day that the suspension got tightened, I went to open up on it...and the front came up way faster than I was prepared for. Bike pretty much did a backflip and chucked me off. I had full gear on and got hosed up... I flew off sideways, landed on my shoulder, and cartwheeled down the road. Bike was a write off. Amazingly enough, I didn't hit my head...but I did break my shoulder in 3 places and my leg. 18 screws in my shoulder and a plate, 10 weeks in a wheelchair, and a lot of rehab later, and I was at least ready to drive again.

2016 : 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe: Black. 6 speed automatic - given the state of my left leg post crash, I was unsure if a manual would work. In hindsight, it would have...big regret buying the auto. This car was otherwise immaculate - no accidents, gorgeous 3 stage paint, and pretty much every option available ; sunroof, Recaro seats, yellow calipers, some fancy wood trim. Even discovered after purchase that the prior owner had put a Corsa exhaust on that the dealer wasn't aware of. Accelerated like absolute hell.

However, in the long run, this car started to really piss me off. In classic GM fashion (and having come from my last 2 cars being a BMW and Acura, this was highly noticeable) - it started rattling like mad. In particular, the sunroof rattled endlessly. It probably didn't help that some idiot in a Mitsubishi Delica ran a red light and t- boned me doing $15,000 of damage to it. Granted, it was rattling well before that.

Ended up taking it into the dealer for a recall on the supercharger, paid extra for them to fix the sunroof rattle. They didn't. It went back. They didn't. Repeat times 6...at which point the suspension started groaning and creaking until it warmed up, and the dealer said they couldn't troubleshoot the sunroof til that creaking was dealt with. Remembered I had extended warranty that covered suspension, told the dealer to go nuts. They "tightened some bolts", charged me $150 which (good news!) was below the cost of the deductible...and it did jack poo poo. It creaked terribly leaving the parking lot. At this point, I lost it. The dealer said they couldn't schedule me back in for 3 weeks - I called Cadillac Corporate and went off. Ended up back at the dealer for 2 weeks while they replaced suspension bushings and pulled the headliner. Rattling finally stopped. In the back of my mind, I was always pissed at the car though.

2017 : 2002 Honda CBR600f4i: Red/black. Wanted to get back on a bike, but wanted something more manageable, cheap, and without problems. Bought it on the 1 year anniversary of my crash. Can't complain about this bike, it did all that fantastic...brakes were spongey, other than that, rode great, put some track days in on it too.

2017 : 2017 Cadillac ATS: Red. Not really mine, bought for my wife. Great platform, but the interior is crap...have had issues with the speakers, and the dealer is useless. Probably the last GM we'll own for a long time.

2018 : 2015 Honda VFR800: Red. Wanted something with a bit more power than the CBR, and a bit more comfortable. This ticked both boxes, and had hard saddlebags too...and the V4 sounded great. The 800cc is deceptive though, if anything it was quite a bit slower than the CBR. It also bored the poo poo out of me. To be quite frank, it felt like the bike equivalent of a Camry. I probably rode this thing less than 15 times.

2018 : 2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE: Green/black. Getting back on something green, and with as much power as the 14R scared the poo poo out of me. That being said, the power band is much more linear, and it feels a lot lighter and smaller despite only being about 30 pounds less. The supercharger scream on it is intoxicating. It's relatively comfortable, has all the creature comforts/gizmos - heated grips, hard luggage, quickshifter, digital dash, traction control, cornering ABS...but, it's too much. After riding it for a year and a half, I've realized I don't really enjoy it much more than I did my lovely beat up CBR. Probably going to sell it and step back down to a 600 or 750.

2019 : 2016 Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid: Carrera White. With the bike around to scratch my itch for speed, I started to get the motivation to ditch the CTS-V. I also got spoiled by being able to take the bike in the carpool lane, so I started giving serious thoughts to plugin hybrids. I wanted something with a nice interior, but that still handled somewhat decently and had acceptable power. This ended up checking all the boxes...though I do miss the raw "gently caress you" power the V had.

TeamIce fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
2002 Mini Cooper S - Was one of the first Mini-S in the US, also a prototype car for the JCW package before it was a thing.

1989 Nissan 240SX - This thing should have killed me, it was pretty much completely stripped inside. S14 SR20DET with a GT2860RS. Probably made 300 something WHP.
I can't find any pictures of it, it was a piece of poo poo.

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser - I loved this, completely ruined it though as it was stock with <100k miles when I got it. Ended up on a 3" lift, 35's, and sliders, I think I put >50k miles on it in a few years.

1996 Nissan 240SX - I don't have any pictures of this handy either, it was pretty much just a cheap KA S14 with suspension / wheels. Ended up being sold to some dude in Cali and turned into a comp car, as far as I know it is still alive some 8yr later. I found this pic of it from when after I sold it.

2001 Honda CBR600F4i - First bike, first track day. It was a piece of poo poo.

2001 BMW 325ix - Super clean E46 with a 5spd. Pretty stock other than an exhaust, intake, tune, HR cup kit, and some Alpina knockoff wheels.

2009 Kawasaki ZX6R - Bought this new, I think I kept it about a year.

2006 Triumph Daytona 675 - I loved this thing. Popped the motor on track, so I ended up swapping a 2009+ motor into it and running it off the 2006 electronics with a tune that I copy-pasta'd from a 2009 ECU in TuneECU.

2000 VW Jetta TDI - gently caress this thing.

2006 Suzuki GSXR750 - My first crash and first concussion with this thing.

1991 BMW 318iS - I loved this loving car and I should never have sold it, especially not to buy what came after it.

2011 BMW 335D MSport - gently caress this loving piece of loving poo poo.

2000 BMW 323iT - I don't even remember owning this car

2003 Ducati 749 - This thing was alright. It was stupid uncomfortable and made no sense on the street, but it was pretty great on track. ECU ended up frying so I ended up trailblazing upgrading the early ECU to the later ECU path (59M to 5AM), along with the tunes to make it work. I also ended up getting back into programming because of this bike, leading me to my first software dev job. ALSO the first bike I took up to NorCal to meet some fellow CA Goons at the annual Thunderhill open track event.

2003 Aprilia Tuono RSV1000R - Great bike, too bad it looked like a loving transformer.

2001 Yamaha R1 - I don't remember owning this bike, it was a piece of poo poo.

2006 Yamaha YZ450F - Lil babbys first dirt bike. It was perfect for the deserts out here and taught me a lot about riding.

2007 Aprilia Tuono RSV1000R - I loved this bike, I'd buy another. Typical Italian electronics lead me to swapping out the ECU/cluster/wiring harness.

2016 Volkswagen GTI - Great daily driver, just too boring to drive as an only car. Was downpipe + tune pretty much the entire time I had it. Used it to pull a HF trailer with motorcycles.

2003 Yamaha R6 - I bought this since I figured it was time to start racing, rather than just track days. I ended up cartwheeling it at the annual Goon Thunderhill day since I figured I could be careful enough to warm up Dunlop slicks in the cold/light drizzle, lap two I found out I was wrong. Due to previous events in my history with motorcycles and this crash I decided I was done with them. I fixed the R6, did one more track day event with it as a gesture to myself, and sold both bikes. I haven't ridden a motorcycle since.

2005 BMW 330i ZHP - Owned it for maybe five months and did my half dozen car track days in this thing, then bought my S2000, and sold it to a friend. My friend still daily drives it.

2002 Honda S2000 - I still own this. Bought it with 150k miles as an ex-nationals STR autocross car and did my first track day with it in two weeks. I've put >60 track days on it, ~30k miles on it, took second place in NASA TT4 Arizona region last year, won the UMS Time Attack TA-B class last year, and hold a few TT4 track records. Soon to be caged.

2002 Lexus IS300 Sportcross - I'd own another, but it would need a manual and turbo.

2015 Ford Fiesta ST - It was a good car, I just hated the Ford Sync / Ford start up beep and it really needed a LSD. This is the only picture I have of it, was bone stock.

2007 Honda Civic Si - I bought this as a daily driver, it was an ex-TTE time trials car that I bought back to near-stock. Coilovers and a FlashPro tune that has an 8800rpm rev limit. I never expected to keep it very long, but here we are two and a half years and 30k miles later, it is so much better than I ever expected, plus it is basically worth nothing.

An Evo X will probably end up replacing the Si late this year.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 19, 2020