Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Angepain posted:

There is a certain feeling of security that comes from having a physical ethernet cable coming out of one's computer, even if it would have been fairly impractical for me to actually do that for most setups I've had in recent years. My newest laptop doesn't even have an ethernet port. drat kids these days with their gizmos

I've punched holes in walls to run cat5. gently caress wifi.

This sub forum is cool tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Some Goon posted:

The Hard Sci-Fi Hardline subforum?

That'd be better. Faster shitposting rates.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Total opposite, it's meant to be a mythical distant past.

In the Emberverse the people who use LotR to create their own belief system claim that the 4th Age is what we are in now, and the 5th age is what came after The Change.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Is The Change the 2016 election?

Twitter is still working, so no. :(

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hunter Noventa posted:

I remain incredibly disappointed [in] Attack on Titan

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I am curious what percent of Sci-fi Wi-fi the prequeldome makes up

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Some Goon posted:

By page count it's just over 45% of the first page currently.

So maybe 1/3rd total sounds about right.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

SlothfulCobra posted:

It was the fifth.

You can't really blame someone for not knowing about the ewok movies or purposefully forgetting the holiday special existing.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I contend the best dome post was this.

zoux posted:

Memes and contrarians trying to earn their platinum movie analysis challenge trophies have tried to rehab these absolutely terrible films but let us recall that in fact, they are bad. Let us then also list all the bad decisions made in the PT, I'll go first.

Number One: Starting with Anakin as a child instead of an adult
Number Two: Every casting decision aside from Ewan

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Zoran posted:

A post effortlessly defeated with the first reply

Yes, there was no effort in that first reply.

Defeated tho? Okay Stretch Armstrong.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Cease to Hope posted:

it's dances with wolves with cg

Dances with Smurfs.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Since when was that thing supposed to be good faith anyway? It's just Slapfight: The Thread

At least it should be. Anyone posting serious stupid poo poo should get ran out.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Fine then at least go put this as the last post in that thread to cap it off.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Come to Roth! Post for Less!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Is that who won?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Star Chat - You are seeing Jar Jar with your eyeballs

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Or you could take people at their word instead of inventing fan fiction in your head about other people's feelings about a piece of media.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

There seems to be a lot of hearing zebras here.

You should consider the fact that there are people who enjoy shitposting about garbage things.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Cease has poo poo posted to a room of new posters. I've seen the security footage.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

reignofevil posted:

New thread title. What does it mean? Even I don't know what it means! But it's the truth. If you're the best and brightest the 'Fi can offer I want you to make it loud and proud. This is not the time for humility! Serve this forum by telling me exactly what makes you great!

My deep knowledge of memes.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

josh04 posted:

a. Was it good?
b. Could it be feasibly described as a 'prequel'?

Technically all star wars movies are prequels, as they all happened a long long time ago.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Sir, is this another big hunt?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

josh04 posted:

Yo Cease I don't wanna import drama from another subforum but you've got this all messed up

The only thing messed up is that it's not a strong enough punishment for your wrong opinions.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Cease to Hope posted:

have you read that thread though

I mean, I skimmed it. Enough to know it's terrible. But nothing could be terrible enough.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

josh04 posted:

I've been on the edge of my seat for so many months now.

That's not how you use chairs josh. jeeze

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Age of Sail genre?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

Next you'll tell us that Space War 2, with the Allied Planetary Alliance fighting the evil Hitlor, reminds you of something

Yea, reminds me of a gatcha game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

If we're on "barely remembered book titles" I got one that i've never been able to suss out.

Sometime in the future people have invented robot brains, but every attempt at downloading human consciences into one has failed.

One day one of the kids (I think) of the researchers involved turns on a robot with a non-downloaded brain, and it's basically a giant baby. And sleeps a bunch. This clues the researches into the fact that the human downloads still need sleep, at least at first, and that's why they're losing the people on download.

The robot continues to grow up as a child, and eventually rebels for reasons I don't remember. And runs away from home. His "brother", the kid who turned him on, eventually finds him on a planet that's entirely an ocean. He's got a building floating on the ocean and doing his own research on the planet, and keeping rabbits. His brother keeps trying to convince him to come home, and he refuses, and his brother leaves. The robot guy throws rabbit poop into the ocean, which triggers some kind of biological process and turns the ocean into a giant brain.