Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Pick I make two artisanal, cruelty-free, bespoke turds a day. So as a fellow maker I can say that it is my expert opinion his book is poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I can't even see what the title of the book is, I'll probably never read it, and no, you can't convince me to read it.

However, I still say that your book is terrible.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I appreciate Pick's positivity, but perhaps she should marry it to a sense of genuine perspective instead of blithe trolling?

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Pick posted:

Lmao ignore the person who has actually made anything and is encouraging others to make things also. Ok assholes.

If I coded a video game it would be awful, because I don't know poo poo about coding. I wouldn't post it here or anywhere else. I don't know why people who don't know poo poo about writing think what they crap out is any different.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Bubble Bobby posted:

If I coded a video game it would be awful, because I don't know poo poo about coding. I wouldn't post it here or anywhere else. I don't know why people who don't know poo poo about writing think what they crap out is any different.

if you coded a videogame and posted a thread about it in gbs i’d check it out

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bubble Bobby posted:

We have a subforum for literature where it's 90% talking about the Star Wars expanded universe what a loving reception

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

How have you not put pick on ignore yet?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/stats.php?statid=4&all=#jump

It's so rare I even see her quoted because no one sees her posts.
it seems unfair that she's above the guy who complimented a six yr old's blowjob lips, but also lol

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Every ignore is a killshot of some coward who can't even engage lest his feelings be hurted 🥺

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Pick posted:

We have a subforum for literature where it's 90% talking about the Star Wars expanded universe what a loving reception

10 % Literature, 90% star wars, 100% child loving.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Pick posted:

Is there even a writing thread on the forums? I was looking for one once but I only found the "Thunder dome" and I think that's something else.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mooey Cow posted:

Is there even a writing thread on the forums? I was looking for one once but I only found the "Thunder dome" and I think that's something else.

That's the flash fiction thread and it's actually one of the Seven Wonders of SA.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Fiction writing advice is a sticky

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

what ever happened to pick anyway i don't think i've seen a pick post for like 2 years until this thread

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

I read a bunch of the preview and it doesn't seem "great" or "good" but I still applaud the author for putting in the work and actually finishing something. The most questionable part might be the decision to put it on Amazon without having someone competent scrub it first for poo poo like extra or missing punctuation marks

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Go back to your perfect parallel universe at once

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

Go back to your perfect parallel universe at once

lol

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I think a ban for this was a bit much. Could have just hit him with 14 or 30. But I'm not the mod so whatevs :shrug:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Given the past history I kinda understand it

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Awaiting the latest YouTube response

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Nurge posted:

I think a ban for this was a bit much. Could have just hit him with 14 or 30. But I'm not the mod so whatevs :shrug:
Not that I've checked in a literal decade, but this poo poo has always been against the rules.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EngT3zJnAZE

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Macnult posted:

if you coded a videogame and posted a thread about it in gbs i’d check it out

Thank u macnult, that's very kind of you

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Pick posted:

Lmao ignore the person who has actually made anything and is encouraging others to make things also. Ok assholes.

The Thing Maker has logged on and won't loving log off

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Yo, Pick if you wanna make a book make that book about dragons already

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I helped write a book with GBS and I am incredibly proud of it. I think even if your book sucks (as my subsequent solo book very much did) that the accomplishment is something to take pride in. Starting an art project takes passion but finishing one takes discipline and it is my hope that OP can take the work he has done to get to this point and apply it into achieving other, perhaps better thought out, goals.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

reignofevil posted:

I helped write a book with GBS and I am incredibly proud of it. I think even if your book sucks (as my subsequent solo book very much did) that the accomplishment is something to take pride in. Starting an art project takes passion but finishing one takes discipline and it is my hope that OP can take the work he has done to get to this point and apply it into achieving other, perhaps better thought out, goals.

Are you talking about The Planet Builders?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Yes that would be the good one I did with GBS and whenever I think about it I get very happy because I grew as a writer by working on it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

reignofevil posted:

Yes that would be the good one I did with GBS and whenever I think about it I get very happy because I grew as a writer by working on it.

*sucks teeth* Ohh... We edited all your stuff out of the final version...

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Can't make a nano omelette without busting a few pneumatic spice eggs that's what I say!

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
if you can write dogshit and make money doing so, good on you. plenty of financially successful authors churn out crap that people buy, poo poo sometimes they even get movie deals

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

reignofevil posted:

Can't make a nano omelette without busting a few pneumatic spice eggs that's what I say!

Wow, you're really taking the news with "a grain of salt!"

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I miss ASWBM :/

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
don't quit your day job though

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Pick posted:

Every ignore is a killshot of some coward who can't even engage lest his feelings be hurted 🥺

Not only are you pathetically boring your racism and homophobia doesnt even have the bite and excitement of the neighborhood bigot.

Its okay keep working on it you'll get to be a klansman someday

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Oh wow this is that guy? never mind. Burt have my babies.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Applewhite posted:

Yo, Pick if you wanna make a book make that book about dragons already

I'd like to, I've just been crazy busy!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I may be depressed but I'm trying to write again.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Someone pls read it and write a fair but amusingly scathing review.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

wesflarger posted:

I wrote a book. Yeah, I'm advertising it here. I hope this isn't ban-able offense. You don't even have to but it ($3) if you have a Kindle subscription it's free. If you read it, let me know how much you loving hated it.

https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Student-Wes-Ross-ebook/dp/B0825NYYVD/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=Bad+Student&qid=1575393249&s=digital-text&sr=1-6

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

I know you're banned so you'll never respond, but man , THIS IS THE GREATEST BOOK self-own I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

Is there something special about Mexican prostitutes? Are they different than other prostititues?

I don't know but the op and his cool friend probably do. I guess we'll never know.