Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

Epicurius posted:

One of these days we need to feed all the books into a text generator and see what it comes up with.

I.
Am a thermal. A pillar of warm air, rising off ground heated by the sun.
I can't tell you what street, skyscraper, or sunny meadow I rise from. I can't tell you what birds I have lofted skywards, like an elevator raising them above the surly bonds of gravity. I can't tell you what nimbus clouds I have made into thunderheads.
I can't tell you those things not because the earth is being invaded by brain-stealing alien slugs called "Yeerks" or anything, but because I am a temporary convection phenomenon, and not a conscious observer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

Fuschia tude posted:

Now this is their first time ever on an alien planet after months of hearing about them and seeing new space aliens, but the only reaction is :geno:?

Turns out, it all just looks like the hills and quarries around LA, or Canadian woodlands.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

Piell posted:

Pretty sure the Yeerks don't know about the Pemalites or the Chee - the Pemalites had died and the Chee hidden on Earth thousands of years before the Yeerks got out into space.

What did they think the pemalite data thingy back in the first ten books was, then? I thought the yeerks knew, and had a pretty good idea of exactly what blendered that entire building. But i can't even remember that far back in this thread, let alone when i was 12.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

Capfalcon posted:

But seriously, when I first read it, it did make me think a bit more about the next game of Civilization I played.

This was one of the better episodes of Stargate: Atlantis

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

Tree Bucket posted:

Feels good to be eleven again. I've tried to draw one of our Ketran friends

Neat! I always thought of them as bug people, myself. No idea why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

drat, condolences to his family. Really hoped he was doing better after that hospital stay.