Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
There is the bridge at the very start of the game that you took a look at and thought you couldn't do anything about. I would suggest trying to see if you can get across it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugite
Aug 12, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

I don't know if there are tiers of palette swap enemies among the group or if the damage range of enemy attacks are very wide.

There's no palette swapping but all enemies are scaled to the "level" of the area. Your only indication of the stengrth of an enemy is how much they hit for. A lot of the bosses of the game are just larger version of basic enemies (like the giant kraken at the start of the game) making it even harder to tell what you're fighting. :darksouls:

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
Possibly relevant: there's no jump in this game, but if you go off a ledge at a run you travel farther, in what might be described as a jump-like action.

Sum Gai fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 8, 2020

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

FirstAidKite posted:

Honestly I just like the tradition with the king's field games of at the beginning hiding a treasure chest with a shield in a secret room with a skeleton, an enemy that at the beginning can and will kill you easily

There's another nice surprise in that skeleton room behind the waterfall at the beginning, if the player is inclined to look for it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Sum Gai posted:

Possibly relevant: there's no jump in this game, but if you go off a ledge at a run you travel farther, in what might be described as a jump-like action.

Quite relevant, in fact! Our latest episode title covers this very subject. :haw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNjP8NQs2ig

Fun fact: I totally did not need to jump off that bridge, but I'd gladly do it again. DONK!

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Dewgy posted:

Quite relevant, in fact! Our latest episode title covers this very subject. :haw:

Fun fact: I totally did not need to jump off that bridge, but I'd gladly do it again. DONK!

CTE never stopped us before! :v:

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

Dewgy posted:

It's also not the only point in the game where the advise is useful! Like, hypothetically, a chest in a hallway that requires going over a trapdoor

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
You should use the map more often, I believe it shows some secret passages that you haven't found yet.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
Moonstones are what you use to regain mp

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Slight delay on the latest upload, turns out that the ghost of George Michael doesn’t appreciate my terrible sense of humor and we got a copyright notice, meaning 45% of YouTube is blocked from seeing it. :v:

Dispute filed for parody but I’m also getting a copyright friendly version rendered and uploaded shortly.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Oh hey, they changed their mind, awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck8Q--Dy-Ww

Get it while it’s still valid, folks. :v:

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 13, 2020

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Dewgy posted:

Oh hey, they changed their mind, awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck8Q--Dy-Ww

Get it while it’s still valid, folks. :v:

I'm never gonna *grunt* again
Barren walls have got no secrets
Though it's easy to pretend,
I know I look the fool

Should've known better than to hug that wall
And waste the time that I've been given
I'm never gonna *grunt* again
The way I *grunt* with yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooou

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You can't increment buying from the store at any time?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

you can push to the left or the right to batch buy/sell. took me forever to figure out

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

lets hang out posted:

you can push to the left or the right to batch buy/sell. took me forever to figure out

I feel like I tried that, but on the other hand that might just be learned helplessness from the last game.

Dugite
Aug 12, 2007
Catching ip on the LP and wow I didn't expect to see the big kraken and the termite queen killed in the same video.

Just some tips - you've worked out how the star gate and star key work (the key needs to be in a guidepost to teleport to it). However it costs 10MP to use, if you're out of MP you're stuck. This is important as some items in the game require you to fall into an inescapable pit and then warp out of it. For example you might want to go back to the termite's lair and jump down that pit once you've placed the star key somewhere. If you look closely it's shallow water not deep water - I believe every fall in the game can be survived with enough HP as long as it isn't deep water or lava.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dugite posted:

Catching ip on the LP and wow I didn't expect to see the big kraken and the termite queen killed in the same video.

Just some tips - you've worked out how the star gate and star key work (the key needs to be in a guidepost to teleport to it). However it costs 10MP to use, if you're out of MP you're stuck. This is important as some items in the game require you to fall into an inescapable pit and then warp out of it. For example you might want to go back to the termite's lair and jump down that pit once you've placed the star key somewhere. If you look closely it's shallow water not deep water - I believe every fall in the game can be survived with enough HP as long as it isn't deep water or lava.

We definitely kept this in mind this time around. Still gotta find my way back to the termite lair eventually, but at least we met some pissed off fish and floating uh... well. You'll see. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwtU5kBs8rM

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Dewgy posted:

We definitely kept this in mind this time around. Still gotta find my way back to the termite lair eventually, but at least we met some pissed off fish and floating uh... well. You'll see. :v:

Don't forget the best description of those ghosts, too!

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Dewgy posted:

Considering that you can apparently get Verdites as random drops from some enemies, and that one of the vendors was selling them for like 17.000 a piece, you might just want to sell them and buy all the good equipment. Their magic-raising effect in the first game seemed pretty negligible, after all.

Also, I have to say: Pits that you can only escape from via a teleport that costs MP to use is already pretty horrible considering your limited means of MP regeneration; but filling one of those pits with MP-draining enemies is just cruel.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 21, 2020

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Carpator Diei posted:

Considering that you can apparently get Verdites as random drops from some enemies, and that one of the vendors was selling them for like 17.000 a piece, you might just want to sell them and buy all the good equipment. Their magic-raising effect in the first game seemed pretty negligible, after all.

Also, I have to say: Pits that you can only escape from via a teleport that costs MP to use is already pretty horrible considering your limited means of MP regeneration; but filling one of those pits with MP-draining enemies is just cruel.

They're easily the "armor destroying mud puddle" of this game so far. Just totally unnecessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ata67SLoq8A

Speaking of unnecessary, howsabout those fire guys, huh? :v:

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Dewgy posted:

They're easily the "armor destroying mud puddle" of this game so far. Just totally unnecessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ata67SLoq8A

Speaking of unnecessary, howsabout those fire guys, huh? :v:

"I think we ran away from those guys last time" :v:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Finally got health regeneration. You might be halfway through the game.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Scalding Coffee posted:

Finally got health regeneration. You might be halfway through the game.

I'm not sure about that, there's still quite a few areas left (the Big Mine, the castle, some corridors they haven't even gone down yet, plus everything that might lie beyond those areas). This game seems huge, and I don't think that's just because it's so easy to get lost. It's a pretty amazing step up in world design compared to the first game.

Also kinda interesting to see the origins of item lore, still with an in-universe justification.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Apr 22, 2020

Dugite
Aug 12, 2007
Those fire guys are dangerous because that is the area after the Big Mine, the Underworld. The Big Mine is the corridor to the right where those two archers are at the beginning. you can also kill the fire shooting faces on the wall with the bow or magic. It should make the fight less intense.

I think you're strong enough to go through the big mine but there are a number of things in other areas that you're missing. There's more to unlock with the pirate's key behind the fisherman and there's a whole area near the purple graveyard that you've missed. If you get stuck at the Big Mine it might be worth exploring those areas.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The unusually strong archers in the lobby are definitely there to dissuade you from entering early

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

lets hang out posted:

The unusually strong archers in the lobby are definitely there to dissuade you from entering early

pffft...like we're dissuaded for doing stupid poo poo :v:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
After a series of technical and personal delays (ever seen Discord take two hours to update? I have. twice.) we're back into it! And this time, there's minecarts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1E_RHhKvYY

And random death along with that I guess? :psyduck: If anyone knows what exactly I'm supposed to do about getting sniped off a minecart, I'm all ears.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

there's nothing you can do about it. just another wacky joke from your friends at from software

surviving the ride at 41 minutes was actually some amazing luck, that almost never happens. the other ones only kill you occasionally, as a gag, but that one is a deliberate deathtrap

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Apr 30, 2020

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
I think missile shield helps a little? Like, it's still a matter of luck, but it gives you more luck, maybe.

Dugite
Aug 12, 2007

Sum Gai posted:

I think missile shield helps a little? Like, it's still a matter of luck, but it gives you more luck, maybe.

Yeah missile shield blocks damage and knockback from archers. You get it from finding a second wind crystal and learning a spell from it.

Also there is a second pit in the cave of poison next to the other dead person. It leads further into the big mine.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Missile shield did not help me but maybe that too was luck

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Don't forget that you can use the Truth Glass on even talking NPCs to find a bit of info about them.

You can also use it on nothing in an area to find out where you are. I think there's a bit of lore you can only find out if you do this in a certain area.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

lets hang out posted:

there's nothing you can do about it. just another wacky joke from your friends at from software

surviving the ride at 41 minutes was actually some amazing luck, that almost never happens. the other ones only kill you occasionally, as a gag, but that one is a deliberate deathtrap

Oh, lovely. I'm assuming we have more of that nonsense to look forward to?

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Tallgeese posted:

Don't forget that you can use the Truth Glass on even talking NPCs to find a bit of info about them.

You can also use it on nothing in an area to find out where you are. I think there's a bit of lore you can only find out if you do this in a certain area.

For how excited we were to find that thing, we haven't used it nearly as much as we should :v:

Also: Log Stalker *snert*

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Professor Duck posted:

Oh, lovely. I'm assuming we have more of that nonsense to look forward to?

no i think you've found all the minecarts actually. might give the map a look, it could show the lines. not sure how much mapping the pirates got done in the big mine though.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

lets hang out posted:

no i think you've found all the minecarts actually. might give the map a look, it could show the lines. not sure how much mapping the pirates got done in the big mine though.

I think it "minecart levels suck" should be as universal of a rule as "sewer levels suck". Like, the only decent minecart segment I can think of was from RE4, and that only worked because there were three of them stuck together.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Minecart levels from DKC are cool imo, in spite of the fact that they're a nightmare for anyone who played the games as a kid. I don't remember a single cool sewer level from any game, but maybe there is

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Turtles in Time?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
And now we make up for old mistakes and find some crap that we should have found waaaaaaay earlier in the game. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idUed9Xdt70

Being able to die without restarting is a feat I wish we had a little sooner, if I'm being totally honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

that dark armor looks like something a tokusatsu villain might wear, which makes me long for some kind of model viewer/dress-up mode to view all these goofy armor parts as an ensemble