Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dugite
Aug 12, 2007
This is a great LP. I've only played King's Field 2 so it's interesting to see what they kept for the sequel and what they removed. I actually loved the sound design as a kid as everything was so weird and alien sounding it added to the terror of all the monsters :ohdear:

For the sword shooting magic - in KF2 all the endgame swords had special attacks you could use by pressing a combination of buttons. I think it was square then triangle for a weak attack, and square, triangle, circle for a strong attack. It might be worth trying something like that with the sword and see if it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugite
Aug 12, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

I don't know if there are tiers of palette swap enemies among the group or if the damage range of enemy attacks are very wide.

There's no palette swapping but all enemies are scaled to the "level" of the area. Your only indication of the stengrth of an enemy is how much they hit for. A lot of the bosses of the game are just larger version of basic enemies (like the giant kraken at the start of the game) making it even harder to tell what you're fighting. :darksouls:

Dugite
Aug 12, 2007
Catching ip on the LP and wow I didn't expect to see the big kraken and the termite queen killed in the same video.

Just some tips - you've worked out how the star gate and star key work (the key needs to be in a guidepost to teleport to it). However it costs 10MP to use, if you're out of MP you're stuck. This is important as some items in the game require you to fall into an inescapable pit and then warp out of it. For example you might want to go back to the termite's lair and jump down that pit once you've placed the star key somewhere. If you look closely it's shallow water not deep water - I believe every fall in the game can be survived with enough HP as long as it isn't deep water or lava.

Dugite
Aug 12, 2007
Those fire guys are dangerous because that is the area after the Big Mine, the Underworld. The Big Mine is the corridor to the right where those two archers are at the beginning. you can also kill the fire shooting faces on the wall with the bow or magic. It should make the fight less intense.

I think you're strong enough to go through the big mine but there are a number of things in other areas that you're missing. There's more to unlock with the pirate's key behind the fisherman and there's a whole area near the purple graveyard that you've missed. If you get stuck at the Big Mine it might be worth exploring those areas.

Dugite
Aug 12, 2007

Sum Gai posted:

I think missile shield helps a little? Like, it's still a matter of luck, but it gives you more luck, maybe.

Yeah missile shield blocks damage and knockback from archers. You get it from finding a second wind crystal and learning a spell from it.

Also there is a second pit in the cave of poison next to the other dead person. It leads further into the big mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugite
Aug 12, 2007
Yeah you're basically at the end of the game, it's just grind the four bosses until you can beat Necron and continue from there. There are some things you've missed that you could grab while you're levelling up like going to the Crystal Shop in Central Village (it's right next to Sandler's house) or exploring the cave of fire by killing those heads that shoot fire. They don't "react" to you hitting them but they do die eventually (4-5 hits).