Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
That's been my least favorite thing about the game so far. There's next to no information provided. Here's a new weapon! Is it better than the one I had before? Uh....who knows! What does this item do? Who can say? I'm glad there's at least something that tells you a little bit about the monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

There is no excuse to put on equipment without a stats screen.

I think there is a stats screen? One flashed up briefly while menus were being poked through for something else. That said, it was so briefly that I couldn't tell how useful it would be, and you really shouldn't have to go back to a stats screen every time you change equipment to see what was affected.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Edvarius posted:

I swear your HP was reading as 0 at least 3 times during that final boss fight. I gotta admit, that evil basement tree made the one in Alone in the Dark look like an absolute wimp. But still, it seems incredibly unfair to make the final boss of a hack and slash game something you could neither hack nor slash.

I'm pretty sure the idea was to use the Moonlight Sword's sword magic on it, they just didn't figure out how to do that during the course of the LP.

PS: I noticed y'all switched to the the Triple Fang a couple times, I assume for the regen? But the Moonlight Sword was also giving regen.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Edvarius posted:

It may be primitive by today's standards, but it's still an obvious improvement on the previous one.

Except for the part where it no longer tells you what you just picked up. I guess it wasn't that helpful when it doesn't tell you anything else about it (and I see this game doesn't either), but it was something.