Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
I've never played a King's Field game, but I feel like I would have a lot of fun with a modern take on the idea. I was a big fan of Dark Souls for the exploration aspect. There definitely need to be more dungeon crawlers in this vein.

That being said, I think I would hate actually playing the King's Field games, at least the first two for sure. The slow, plodding nature of everything coupled with the total lack of info... eh. I am quite enjoying this LP so far, though. Had quite a few good laughs at Dewgy and Duck's running commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Oddly enough, playing the video at 1.25x speed actually makes King's Field look nearly playable.

Anyway, I think when the music changed on the second floor (that was the one with the shops right, the second?), there's some kind of event happening--but I don't remember what. It's been a long time since I read about it.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I appreciate you left the PlayStation's boot sequence in the video. Duck's right, that never gets old. Makes me want to hook up my PSone to a surround sound system and shake the windows with it.

Big Scary Owl posted:

I like the atmosphere of 4 the most of all the KF games but goddamn if it isn't slow

Slow like KF1(JP), or slow like KH2's intro?

KeiraWalker fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 5, 2020