Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
Eternal Ring was the very first PS2 game I ever played, and I therefore liked it a lot. Be interesting to see how it's aged. For some reason, I distinctly remember the soundtrack. Not because it's amazing or anything, I just recall it perfectly. On the other hand, I unironically love King's Field: The Ancient City. It has shortcomings, to say the least, but... well, it's a King's Field game. At this point, that tells you what you need to know. On the third (?) hand, I never played Shadow Tower or Abyss, so that'd be interesting too. And Evergrace is, uh.... yeah, so you really can't go wrong as far as I'm concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
So I'm that guy who knows this game inside and out and loves it to pieces, even with its painfully slow movement and questionable gameplay decisions. You're actually doing pretty well, a lot better than I did my first time through. I'm a few videos behind but look forward to catching up this week! I'll try not to spoil anything, but I can't resist mentioning a few things you wondered about: the beetle-things that scuttle away after you kill zombies can be killed, though you have to be quick. IIRC they drop a bunch of gold and XP. Also, the skeleton jaws you've been picking up do have a particular use late in the game.

Good luck!

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
You're roughly halfway through the game, btw. Also, for whatever reason, I find this game's soundtrack extremely memorable. Not because it's the most incredible music ever recorded, it's just very distinctive somehow.

I'm not caught up on videos so I don't know if you've figured this out or not, but you can bind spells to the Shortcut slot. I generally stick Earth Heal on there, it reduces some of the game's menu-jumping.

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
The Moonlight can do its special attack right away; it's a giant moonbeam from the sky that splits into smaller moonbeams, all of which explode. It will also 1-shot you if you're standing too close to it, which is very King's Field.

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
Just popping in to say I've really enjoyed your LPs and I hope you keep doing them! Also I hope you get around to doing Evergrace because it's batshit and I don't know anyone who can really make any sense of it.