Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

you can push to the left or the right to batch buy/sell. took me forever to figure out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The unusually strong archers in the lobby are definitely there to dissuade you from entering early

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

there's nothing you can do about it. just another wacky joke from your friends at from software

surviving the ride at 41 minutes was actually some amazing luck, that almost never happens. the other ones only kill you occasionally, as a gag, but that one is a deliberate deathtrap

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Apr 30, 2020

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Missile shield did not help me but maybe that too was luck

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Professor Duck posted:

Oh, lovely. I'm assuming we have more of that nonsense to look forward to?

no i think you've found all the minecarts actually. might give the map a look, it could show the lines. not sure how much mapping the pirates got done in the big mine though.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

big progress ep :toot: couldn't remember where that second dragon stone was, glad you finally found it. its doors now working makes the fountain a good central location to leave a warp key

i love the ghosts in this game, the way they usually get hung up and just float there barking at you

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I feel like half of my playtime was spent wandering around the central area with the 4 villages trying to remember how to get to specific npcs

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

alexander you can't beat the game without getting the dark slayer (that other sword), you'll cause a time paradox! or not. i was wondering how necessary it is, because it's a little obscure, and it turns out: not at all!

to get it you would've needed to find the elf key, which was in the frequently mentioned elf cave, reached by dropping down one of the holes in the poison cave in the big mine. you swap the elf key with the "sealed" black crystal in the same place you found seath's sword and give it to your friend Leon Shore, who you rescued and then I believe never visited at his house (the one with the ghost rocking chair). he makes the dark slayer for you, a sword blessed by seath specifically for killing the dark dragon, not that you needed it. owning the dark slayer also opens those "not accepted" doors, which just have pieces of seath's armor set behind them.

and you're right, there is a way to get the moonlight sword. it works as it should, with it's usual sword magic and everything. it's a little weaker than the dark slayer.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

They handed out demo disks for this game at Tokyo Game Show 1996.

It's a 30 minute prequel starring that Silviera guy all the NPCs keep bringing up, on a unique map in the same style as the starter areas with some enemies from later in the final game. Not required playing or anything, but there is a translation patch for it. https://www.romhacking.net/translations/1994/ And it's capped at 30 fps instead of 15 like the final game. 😭

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

king alfred is your character's evil dad and the mc from the first game. harvine is some king from hundreds of years ago who left a half-finished castle on the island from the last game, and also a key with his name on it and a flute that made platforms appear :unsmith:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

wisdom stat is such a cool idea, wish it increased a little more naturally instead of just by eating Smart Fruit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

it's such a good reveal