Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp
In the middle of a lock down, what to do? (apart from walking the MIL's dog to somewhere, whatev)

I'm actually in partially lock down, or as "the rest of the world" tends to say: "Imaginary precautions, you stupid!!!"
(Yeah, the Netherlands, look it up...we do not lock down, but wait until it's too late and Thén lock down)
Anyway, I got my hands on a BIG bag of brown rice today, and luckily I like that stuff even more than white rice most of the times.

Let's share LOCK DOWN food, like proper countries are supposed to do!

I'll start of with a quick, simple, cheap and really tasty way to add lots of veggies (or actually just cauliflower) to your brown rice:

Cut a small cauliflower into florets, mingle with some oil, salt and pepper,
bake at 200 degrees Celcius for 25-30 minutes

In the mean time, prepare a large enough bowl (that can hold your cauliflower),
add 1 tablespoon of sambal badjak (or another hot sauce), 2 tablespoons of ketjap (or 1.5 soy sauce and 0.5 sugar, ffs) and 1 tablespoon of tomato ketchup,
STIR these things until combined.

When the cauliflower is done in the oven, combine with the sauce in the big bowl.
Yes, it is THAT good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I've been making kimchi during the lockdown so I always have some sort of veg on hand. People are going nuts buying up as much produce as they can, and freezer space is limited, so I thought this was a fair compromise.

I actually made kimchi fried rice tonight with some leftover multi-grain brown rice, mackerel, and chive kimchi. Turned out pretty alright considering I was just making things up as I went along!

The other day I made bread pudding because we had eggs and milk to use up, and a ton of bread that a friend's restaurant gave us. Then it was french bread pizzas because I also had leftover spaghetti sauce. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the remaining 4 loaves.. probably going to make croutons or freeze it or.. something. I don't want it to go to waste but they gave us a really stupid amount. We had five large loaves, and that was after giving some away.