Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Whoops, you made the error of being alive during a global pandemic! Silly, what were you thinking? You were just another young adult in Britain living your life and getting through the day when COVID-19 hit the country and turned your life upside down. When reports of the virus first came out of China you assumed it would have a neglible impact in the UK. When the shops started to run out of pasta you were frustrated but still thought people were overreacting. When they put posters up at work advising people to self-isolate if displaying symptoms you believed everyone was just getting a bit anxious. However over the last few days it has become clear that social distancing is vital. Over the course of this week you have prepared yourself and now you have entered quarantine mode.

You have recently been declared by the government as a key worker that can work from home and your employment status is secure

You have spent the last few days picking up some basic supplies (but no hoarding!) and your food stock is very good

You display zero symptoms of the coronavirus and your condition is healthy

You are entering quarantine in high spirits and your emotional wellbeing is positive

10 rolls of toilet paper remaining

What do you do?

This thread has been approved for this forum by Fedule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Pop down the Spoons for a pint.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Write a strongly worded tweet about how this is Jeremy Corbyns fault.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

>Inspect pet cage

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Take stock of supplies for the contents of the cage and ensure small furry animal supplies are also Good.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

> Get wrapping paper
> Wrap a present for yourself and pretend to be surprised when opening it.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
>go back to bed

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Log in to your online bank account and cancel the standing order to your landlord. Your employment may be secure but that's no reason not to get in on the ground floor of the rent strike!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
>call girl/boyfriend and cry

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Pop down the Spoons for a pint.

You would love a pint but you really don't feel comfortable going to the pub right now

Spuckuk posted:

Write a strongly worded tweet about how this is Jeremy Corbyns fault.

Venting out your rage in an incoherent string of abuse has made you feel calmer. Your emotional wellbeing is now upbeat

Cluncho McChunk posted:

>Inspect pet cage

This is your pet hamster, Xander. You have been his parent for close to two years now. He is very active but skittish and still bites you every now and again. You probably shouldn't disturb him further right now, it is his night-time.

PST posted:

Take stock of supplies for the contents of the cage and ensure small furry animal supplies are also Good.

You purchased a fresh stock of food, bedding and treats this morning, in fact. Your pet supplies are very good

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

> cheeky Nando's takeaway

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

I see a bookshelf on the wall. Many adventure games hide important information there, so examine bookshelf.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
> Turn on television

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
> open wallet and send photo of credit card to me

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
> Start a CYOA Let's Play thread on the something awful dot com forums.
> Try to bake a loaf of bread to improve the hidden "cooking" stat

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

> eat a roll of toilet paper

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

> poop

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
> Do the laundry.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sanitary Naptime posted:

> Get wrapping paper
> Wrap a present for yourself and pretend to be surprised when opening it.

Oh how very thought, you've got yourself a present. What a special day! You decide you'll open it later to keep up the suspense

Slaan posted:

>go back to bed

During the middle of your work shift?! Are you sure?

Renaissance Robot posted:

Log in to your online bank account and cancel the standing order to your landlord. Your employment may be secure but that's no reason not to get in on the ground floor of the rent strike!

You consider cancelling your rent in solidarity with those who are struggling financially but decide against it. Your landlord is a person too and how would he survive himself without your rent!

CommissarMega posted:

>call girl/boyfriend and cry

Unfortunately this dialogue option does not appear when your relationship status is single

Ibblebibble posted:

> cheeky Nando's takeaway

Yes, what a great idea! You're feeling very up for this! After all, who doesn't love a cheeky Nando's?

On second thoughts maybe not...

MagusofStars posted:

I see a bookshelf on the wall. Many adventure games hide important information there, so examine bookshelf.

You walk over to the bookshelf and study it with a furrowed brow. Hmm, perhaps the wine glass filled with coke bottle caps is a clue?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Eat a bottlecap to see if it gives you information.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

knock down olaf as a sign of rebellion.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
> Pull out one of the ASoIaF books. Turn to a random page. Shitpost in The Bad Thread about what you’ve found.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

>investigate PS2 collection

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
That doesn’t sound like enough toilet paper.

> buy more toilet paper

azren
Feb 14, 2011

> Set up holiday lights outside the living space to give some much needed cheer to the area.

Or, if said lights aren't available...

> Sign in to work? I dunno what our job is.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Beartaco posted:

> Turn on television

You hit the button on the television but nothing happens. You press the button again but the screen remains lifeless. You're pretty sure that's not what's meant to happen.

Beartaco posted:

> open wallet and send photo of credit card to me

You look around but you don't see your wallet. You know you definitely didn't leave it outside so it must be around here somewhere!

PenguinSalsa posted:

> Start a CYOA Let's Play thread on the something awful dot com forums.

You decide to start a "screenshot" LP based on your time in quarantine. It's a bit gimmicky but hopefully everyone will be nice!

PenguinSalsa posted:

> Try to bake a loaf of bread to improve the hidden "cooking" stat

Sure, why not?

Oh, you're pretty sure you don't have any of those

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

>Hop on your social media platform of choice to check if anyone's on to fight the impending crippling loneliness.

It's what I'd do, anyways.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Play Animal Crossing/Doom Eternal

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Greetings from Italy. I've been working from home since the 5th of March (high school teacher), I've been out of pajamas like thrice in this period (not counting showers), I am an antisocial rear end in a top hat and I'm loving bored out of my mind already.

Stay safe and >hug yourself, because you deserve it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
> Consider rooting around with the wires behind the TV to get it working again, put it off to later and take a nap instead.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Watch the Overly Sarcastic Productions video on Stranger In A Strange Land that just released today on Youtube.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

> Pray before an altar bearing all your current stocks of spices for these kindly spirits to make the bean onion and rice period more bearable.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

limeicebreakers posted:

> eat a roll of toilet paper

You consider eating one of your rolls of toilet paper but decide against it. It's far too loaded with carbs.

You can't see the toilet and you're certainly not going to poop on the rug like an animal

Black Feather posted:

> Do the laundry.

You can't see the washing machine either!

ultrafilter posted:

Eat a bottlecap to see if it gives you information.

You try eating the bottlecap and you do indeed gain new information. Plastic isn't edible!

limeicebreakers posted:

knock down olaf as a sign of rebellion.

gently caress you, Olaf! Unfortunately this slight expression of rage has cut in on your positive vibes. Your emotional wellbeing is irked

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Make curry. You're a Brit - there's always time for curry!

azren
Feb 14, 2011

> Go north

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
These games often have some fun interactions, or easter eggs. For example insisting to kiss random stuff. Not the best time for that, though.

>xyzzy

Stay safe goons.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

> spend two weeks playing Stardew Valley

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

> get wrestlefigure

> inspect wrestlefigure

(I can't see who it is!)

> use wrestlefigure -> action: PIN, target: OLAF

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
> Clean your monitor!
Tidying up always makes me feel better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Wait oh god oh poo poo there's something critical to check.

is phone plugged in

plug phone in