Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluffieDuckie

(I'm not making that number up)

I figure hey - I've got weeks stuck in this house and I'm not mod anymore. Now's a great time to clear this stuff out.

I immediately found some amazing things and thought you guys would enjoy, I''ll share here. I won't share who sent some of these to protect the innocent. I suspect some of these will be insane but I might have deleted those already so we'll see if we get to those.

Starting with oldest first. found some great drawings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

FluffieDuckie

i found this sig i forgot all about and forgot to save to my sig file. you old timers will remember those little ducks are all some former avs i had

FluffieDuckie

just the title of this one cracks me up

" Can you change the avatar please of the hosed up piece of poo poo who called me a pedo"

Heather Papps

hello friend

this is two separate responses, to one message, because fluffy has a lot of messages! i didn't point it out at the time cause i understand that people are busy, but it really made me laugh at the time

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

FluffieDuckie

oops i forgot about this one too

Manifisto

dang you get some amazing fanart

ty nesamdoom!

FluffieDuckie

Heather Papps posted:

this is two separate responses, to one message, because fluffy has a lot of messages! i didn't point it out at the time cause i understand that people are busy, but it really made me laugh at the time

lmao. did i say the same thing both times?

FluffieDuckie

Manifisto posted:

dang you get some amazing fanart

:agreed:

Heather Papps

hello friend

FluffieDuckie posted:

lmao. did i say the same thing both times?

the first is like a short "don't worry i'll stick around"
the second is a bit more in depth! it warmed my heart that both were thought out responses.

Macnult

FluffieDuckie

"I deduced from your timely message that I had been a point of discussion in the mod forum. >_> Next time my name is brought up make sure you say that I got a cool avatar and that they should all check out my sig"

FluffieDuckie

please do not send me more messages during my clean out period

FluffieDuckie

subject: I would like to request a clarification of the term "Idiot King"

body:

Is this a King who is an Idiot, or a King that reigns over Idiots?
Or possibly both?
Or, more likely, a spectrum from one to the other, depending on the individual IK. If so, can I get a number for each IK, a rating, from -100 to 100?
I feel this is an important distinction.

I need this data to appropriately calibrate the tone and magnitude of my satire and cynicism in order to not cause undue butt-rash and also general cortical meltdown among the more delicate of the BYOB brethren.
I do not exaggerate: my full-bore undiluted sarcasm is capable of killing bacteria, birds and small mammals at ranges of up to fifty meters.

Thank you, good FD, for your support in this critically important matter.

FluffieDuckie

FluffieDuckie posted:

body:

Or possibly both?
Or, more likely, a spectrum from one to the other, depending on the individual IK. If so, can I get a number for each IK, a rating, from -100 to 100?

I need this data to appropriately calibrate the tone and magnitude of my satire and cynicism in order to not cause undue butt-rash and also general cortical meltdown among the more delicate of the BYOB brethren.
I do not exaggerate: my full-bore undiluted sarcasm is capable of killing bacteria, birds and small mammals at ranges of up to fifty meters.

that one was from an (in)famous poster. some of you old-timers might be able to decode the language

Heather Papps

hello friend

any good duck pictures?

FluffieDuckie

whoa boy i got grumpy at somebody. this is from me

subject: ok here's the deal

body:

don't post things that are nms or nws anymore in byob, whether you put them in nws tags or not.

there have been too many and i've caught some of them and deleted them but I've gotten 3 complaints about your posts lately and it's time to stop

if you can't post chill byob things please don't post

(that's about as mean as i ever got so you know that dude was in trouble)

FluffieDuckie

Heather Papps posted:

any good duck pictures?

i mostly just got drawings. if i find pictures i'll post them

FluffieDuckie

oh god i loved getting messages with subject lines like "I know this isn't your business but..." complaining about other sub's problems.

FluffieDuckie

omg i'm only down to 2115 :negative:

and they don't tell you how many sent items you have but there seem to be more in there

don't be duckie - keep your pms clean

google THIS

FluffieDuckie posted:

"I deduced from your timely message that I had been a point of discussion in the mod forum. >_> Next time my name is brought up make sure you say that I got a cool avatar and that they should all check out my sig"

FluffieDuckie posted:

body:

Or possibly both?

"Goon" should be considered its own language.

FluffieDuckie

subject: I seem to be locked out of BYOB

body:

Why? is it permanent? was I really that bad?
Also the ****** thread was gassed, with its links to the ****** and also the radio show. this is only treasure denied.

Was the story that offensive? who did I offend?
This hurts my feelings, for I am a sensitive sort of guy.
Thank you for your consideration.

(from the infamous poster mentioned above. he wasn't locked out of byob. i don't even know how to do that)

(stars to protect the not innocent)

Heather Papps

hello friend

FluffieDuckie posted:

I am a sensitive sort of guy.

:negative:

FluffieDuckie

from one of my favorite long time posters (i mean you're all my favorite, i'm just pointing out we hold no ill will towards each other)

"Here I am with an address for fun sticker time even if I'm cranky about a dumb probation over a silly joke."

take the moon

by sebmojo

FluffieDuckie posted:

reasonable

FluffieDuckie

"i will probably post here and i wanna know if i can still call msyelf king of gbs without getting probed?"

FluffieDuckie

lmao i messaged an admin who had posted an inappropriate thread in byob and asked him to close it (we can't do anything to admin threads)

i ended it with

"also you might want to read our exciting rules thread to keep yourself from being in this embarrassing situation again :P"

sometimes i crack myself up

FluffieDuckie

"Flight Lieutenant Geoffry "Hammer" Allard here.

It has come to my attention that very soon the holiday season will be upon us. I would like you to keep a weather eye out on our boys and girls for outstanding performance and achievement. Over the next 85 days or thereabouts come up with a roster of personnel deserving of a reward. The reward will be $20 each in the form of either Steam gifts, virtual gift cards, or SA account things. Happy hunting Squadron Leader.

-Flt Lt Geoffry "Hammer" Allard

PS: Should you yourself have anything planned please notify me so that I may alter the timetable to accomodate."

(that's all the text :shrug:)

Goons Are Gifts

Woah that's so cool! I wish I ever got any pms that weren't hp asking me to probe him again :smith:

Goons Are Gifts

FluffieDuckie posted:

"i will probably post here and i wanna know if i can still call msyelf king of gbs without getting probed?"

lol

FluffieDuckie

"hey i just wanna say i'm really sorry about page 5

also could i get the fierce tag please?"

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
:five: this is fun :)

Goons Are Gifts

Can I gift tags to posters??

FluffieDuckie

Goons Are Great posted:

Can I gift tags to posters??

yes, but not too often. the bosses get mad if we do it too often. if you're going to have a contest or a thread participation thing that's going to generate a lot of them, get permission in mod forum first. then you just do it as a reward on the same button you use to probe people (new av button but keep the av and just change the text to the tag address on the forum if that makes sense). preview before hitting submit

FluffieDuckie

"fartz"

FluffieDuckie

good thing i saved that one

FluffieDuckie

"How does one become IK of your glorious forum? Asking for a friend"

FluffieDuckie

oh good. i didn't delete my favorite

"before you ban me for such a smart rear end reply, your obvious approval of certain people being bullied for no cause is disgusting, you've not had one single conversation with me yet you assume i'm pretending to be offended by a man calling me a bitch and a bitter oval office, i made no provocation towards said poster at all yet you don't punish him for it, you treat the forum like your personal daycare and your own little clique hangout. you give harsh probations for exceedingly minor poo poo simply because you ingratiated yourself with men of authority and you think of everyone as a little kid.you don't respect anyone there or care about that forum beyond your ability to control it.

you're a disgusting fascist and control freak. you took something pretty, which from the first paragraph of your rules thread and behavior you obviously resent and hate, turned into meta talk about about how byob something is, weed, and unreadable trash. gently caress you."

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

people are sort of terrible, is what i'm learning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

Kief Richards posted:

people are sort of terrible, is what i'm learning.

nah it was pretty rare to get things like that. they just stand out bc they're incomprehensible to me