Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Holy moly I missed this thread. Voted in the current round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

I love Re-Animator but I think Alien and Aliens are both better, then throw in Prometheus and I knew which way I had to vote.

While this may be true... I voted immediately for Re-Animator. No hesitation.

I have a whole section of my bluray space dedicated to the Alien franchise complete with art I bought from local artists, but I will never help Herbert West dielose.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

If you can watch Bride of Re-Animator too. I prefer it over Re-Animator, as they really pushed the crazy zombie effects to the next level

Hell yeah. The bluray Arrow put out for Bride is wonderful.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Including Manhunter made that vote easy for me.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Shrecknet posted:

You like Pumpkinhead enough that the choice was hard before?

I dislike the other lecter movies that much!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Burkion posted:

Oh that'd be a fist fight by the end

If you nominate a director, you toxx clause for that director.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm the person that enjoys Halloween 3 more than Halloween 1 these days. Not sure I'd say it's the better made movie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Halloween 3 could have been a Doctor Who episode. You have clockwork cybermen stealing stonehenge to turn children into creepy crawlies, all that's missing is a weirdo in a scarf.

I'm not sure if this is a compliment or not. The movie is bonkers in a great way.

Dr. Dan > Dr. Loomis

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Just an observation. I hate Dr. Who but I actually liked Halloween 3, except for the part where the recently bereaved daughter of a murdered man inexplicably becomes horny for a dumpy middle aged guy. You can argue that he's a father figure, but it just screams wish fulfillment to me.

Toni Basil > Tina > Dr. Loomis > Dr. Dan > Dr. Who

I find their relationship gross as well, but I don't really find Dr. Dan particularly heroic. A sleazy drunk with a sense of curiosity.

There's also the question of when exactly Ellie becomes a robot, a question not even the director knows how to answer lol.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Y'all making me want to watch Zombies Halloween movies again.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
His version of Loomis is fantastic and one of my favorite things about Zombies remakes which have a lot of good things going on.

Yeah I'm do for a rewatch on these.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Burkion posted:

Question

Aren't at least one or two of the Scream killers rapists

I believe Billy n Stu staged Maureens death to look like rape. However Maureen was raped as a young adult by several men and gave birth to Roman (killer in 3) as a result.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Timeless Appeal posted:

The way that Billy gaslights Sidney into sex is definitely rape, and it's staged as incredibly uncomfortable.

This is totally right and completely slipped by me since I was thinking solely about Maureen and the framing of Cotton.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I voted Romero, but may flip flop several times over the next few days.

It comes down to Day vs Prometheus for me

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
NoES v ED is going to have me waffling for days.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Winning an academy award is a mark against a movie in this competition.

*puts on sunglasses then hops on a skateboard and zooms off*

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

Man that Hannibal series really was outstanding, like one of my top 10 favorite t.v. shows of all time. Still doesn't change my vote but it does make my argument a bit tougher to sell.

Same.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

Still haven't seen it!

Or all of Ash Vs Evil Dead!

There's too much TV.

AvED is an extremely easy watch. Episodes are quick and most having fast pacing.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I could be swayed either way on ED and NoES. I love both franchises so much

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hell yes. Best Final

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
What about Day of the Dead vs Army of Darkness?

I dig having more categories for the final

E: misread the sequel category.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

As we all now agree that Ash goes to the cabin twice. Why would he do that? Could it be said that Ash is in fact a serial killer, and the deadites are a fantastical creation he conjures up order to explain his murders? That would make sense, as in the first film he constantly appears to be undergoing an out of body experience, often confused for cowardice. Then in the second film he is correctly identified as the murderer, and locked in the basement. The third film then is his complete mental breakdown, and retreat into a fantasy world.

Someone bought into the Ashy Slashy gossip!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Is that a legit rumour? Because I was just having fun

In the tv show his hometown calls him Ashy Slashy and everyone believes he's a crazy murderer. His dad, played by Lee Majors, owned a hardware store and was forced to close it after the town decided Ash was a psycho.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm with Hollis.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hollismason posted:

I'm right because my answer is funnier and cooler.

It's this btw

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Burkion posted:

Day is the best zombie movie ever made.

:hmmyes:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

This has been an exciting time. I loved the score twist in the finals, Shrek. This helped keep me sane and occupied through the quarantine and my unemployment. But something is missing. There's something that just doesn't feel complete about our March Madness. I can't quite put my finger on it. One thing. Shining in my mind. Give me a Moment. Oh wait... I think I got it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eklcorOZgYE

Magnificent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Voted 5 and quoting the video for the page